Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7121 results found

1. Hello:

As you may know, in education epub formarts are very useful to make digital and shareable content between student's and teachers and to make projects in wich studen's can learn and express theirselves creatively. The issue is that there ain't no very useful apps to make annotations or to grade these kind of assignmets. Could you please consider this suggestion?

Thank you for letting me share this idea with you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello:

I would really appreciate it if you could allow the users to add a watermark or put a lock in pdfs, because I'm a teacher and i grade all my student's assignments on GooNotes.

I can add a logo image or a draw and put it as a watermark but it' would save me a lot of time if i could edit the position and/or transparency of certain objects and images, because i have a ton of documents to grade.

Thank you for your attention.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi. I use a dot grid background for all my planner pages. I love having that bullet journal feel.
    However, pasting onto dot grid paper is a nightmare. If you use stickers, are moving content around, or copying and pasting, when you long press on dot grid paper, the only option you get is "Highlight, Strikeout, Define, Copy". Ahhhh. It's maddening! I always have to hunt for a space on the page that doesn't have the dot grid, and long press to paste there. For some reason, the apple copy and paste doesn't function well in Goodnotes. Three finger press…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add an ability to add a little area to the sides of the page so we can maybe write more notes or draw according to the slides we're on

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My iPad gets really hot on the middle of the right side and uses all my battery very fast when i use GoodNotes, what is going on here?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When converting handwriting to text it would be preferable not to add a return automatically at the end of each handwritten line. Instead, add a special symbol to insert a return, like a capital “J” rotated 90° counter-clockwise. I’m thinking of the “return” symbol on BBEdit’s default font.

That one feature could save a great amount of tedium removing returns and adding spaces.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi,

I am looking for a proper way to let my assistance, who is working with Microsoft and both of us with google drive, preparing me for meetings. Therefore my idea was to sync my notebooks created with goodnotes and the folder structure to google drive. This is already possible. And the assistance now could put files the same folders.
    The idea now is to be able to see and open the These files directly in the goodnotes folder view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For handwritten notes have an outline and sub-outlines. For example i have math topic chapters/outlines and i want sub- outlines so i can outline h date i do things.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Uni student here. It’s a pain to look through all the documents in my ipad when I’m only looking for notes on a particular subject.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Use case: I use a "scratch pad" note for general note taking (meetings, phone calls, random thoughts throughout the day), since I find that quicker and easier than creating (and naming) new notes for every little occurrence.

Sometimes the notes are useful and I need to "file" them away for future reference. Currently what I do is copy the range of pages I want, navigate away from the first note, create a new note, and paste in the pages.
    That definitely works, but the navigating around part makes for a bit of a clunky process.

I think an "Export as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We should be able to make color palettes for our pen colors to make the colors easier to find. Also, we need an option to lock objects like images and handwriting . As well as, a color picker, It is the biggest hassle to try and find a perfect match to a color. :) thank you!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. オレンジ、赤等で書いた字を見えなくすることができる機能が欲しい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. an option to export pages in "print mode" where you can change the page's colour to white and ink colour to black when working with dark templates for pages.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Making it possible to insert multiple pages of text at once (or import a word document and be able to edit it) where it is able to move the text, so you can write under parts of the text, with the rest of the text moving further down on to the next page. (and also have the handwritten notes follow, when editing.

Right now when I insert text from a multiple long word file the text is just put into the textbox instead of continuing on the following page. Also the text and the handwritten text do not complement each…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Double clicking on a blank area in the op menu bar (header) in the Mac app should expand the app to fill the desktop (not enter Full screen). This is fairly standard in Mac apps but missing in Goodnotes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am a math teacher and would love the ability to use these tools during my lesson. I generally use GoodNotes to project the pdf version of the math book students work from. But when I have to use manipulative such as a ruler or protractor or fraction pieces I have to go back to my doc cam. I love the ability to move around the room that GoodNotes and iPad has allowed me to do instead of stuck behind my desk using a doc cam.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have the ability to annotate the original PDF file from the Files app (or Google Drive) and keep it in sync across different apps without having to import and essentially create a second version of the file in GoodNotes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I run an organisation that uses GoodNotes as our digital white-board app for hybrid Zoom and in-person classes. Due to switching from a single Zoom license to Zoom Rooms for our organisation i've had to create a new GoodNotes account for our in-classroom iPads, which all sync nicely amongst themselves now that i've created a organisational Apple ID. The notes from these classes now no longer sync with my GoodNotes app on my laptop (as my laptop uses my personal Apple ID. As I sometimes forgot to email the notes from each class to myself at the end of the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'm an engineering student who uses Goodnotes for his note taking in class. The thing I miss the most in Goodnotes is plotting non linear functions such as exponentials and sinusoids.
    I think it will be very helpful for all the students out there who use this fantastic app in class

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?