Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7122 results found

1. It's quite an inconvenience being unable to use a rectangle Lasso tool and I think it's necessary to add this capability.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I love use goodnotes but not being able to create sub outlines within the outlines is very frustrating and may cause me to switch apps. Please add this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ich fänd es außerordentlich hilfreich, wenn man einen bestimmten Ordner festlegen kann, in den die Mails gespeichert werden und NICHT automatisch nur die oberste Ebenemöglich ist,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Es wäre gut wenn man beim Stift eine gestrichelte Linie aus wählen könnte.

Geht ja schon beim Lasso Werkzeug das entsprechend mit bleibenden Linien und allen Fähigkeiten des Stiftes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I’m learning a tonal language and would love to be able to create separate recordings for my notes. One Note has audio recording ability, but it’s ONE single clip. I’d like to be able to write a word or phrase and put a sound clip associated with it.

A wolf sounds like :
    A coyote sounds like:

Just make this feature already = I see request for recording that is 9 years old ....you’re so close to a perfect product

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. introduce support for interactive buttons which are embedded into pdf. Hyperlinks already work great. interactive buttons would make it perfect for journaling

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please allow us to create nested outlines with Collapsable headings and sub headings for better navigation inside the book. Its is very much needed for larger books.

You allow to create outline but only a simple outline, this makes navigation through the pdf a lot tougher. It would be much better if you allow to create nested outlines so that we can differentiate between major topics and subheadings. Thank you very much.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I and anyone remotely teaching is in need of 16:9 aspect ratio size notebooks. There’s none supplied. The problem is with none 16:9 notebook sizes is the appearance of black frames from both sides.

This is the only reason I have to use Notability instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After "objects" was added, when using the lasso tool the "copy" option was moved to the second page of choosable options. As this is my most used option, it would be nice to have it back on page 1 of the option window. It's annoying to have to do one click more to get to second page every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Similar items have been suggested but only after selecting them which is cumbersome. Would love an option to recolor text by using a variant to the highlighter. Just like dragging a highlighter over text would highlight it, the recolor highlighter would instead recolor the text you've drawn a line over to the color selected. Think of it like putting a strike through a sentence, but instead of the line strike, the result would be changing the color of that underlying text from black to red for example. Much better UX than trying to draw a select around text.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The grey paper templates are good, but a lot of colours don't look good on grey.

Kindly add completely black templates.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have an option to have more colour presets instead of only 3

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Each folder should save settings for Date/Name/Type and Icon/List settings... for instance, the root folder could be alphabetical list and each sub folder could be icons arranged by date (latest used), or something else

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to index any note with keywords too. this should make it possible to search across folders for these keywords.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dear Good-Notes Team,
    I've been using your app in school for more than a year now and I am absolutely excited. But now I bought a keyboard for the iPad to write less with the Apple Pencil and more with the keyboard. So I would love it if you could extend the text-tool and add things like tables, bullets etc. Things that you can find in every other text editing tool. The textbox is also rather suboptimal. I think you can take the textbox function of Adobe XD as a model. There are different types of text (areatext, pointtext, auto-heigthtext.)…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would love for the highlighter tool to have the option of having a straight end instead of a rounded end. Additionally, I wish there was an option to draw with dashed or dotted lines instead of having to make a solid line and then erase to get dashes

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I adjust the line spacing pretty frequently, and it's really difficult to get it to a precise level.

The slider will almost always shift once you lift your finger or pencil from the iPad. This same problem also happens if you're using a Mac with a trackpad. It wouldn't be as big of an annoyance if the + and - buttons adjusted the slider at a better rate. On the Mac, one click on either button only adjusts the value by 0.01 pt.

Personally, I think it'd be a lot easier for the user if you could manually enter the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you start using text there should immediately appear a toolbar so you can use the typing function as within word/pages… you should be able to start typing in a box as soon where u last put your pencil(or add a starting point). This way you don’t lose time switching between modes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?