Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7118 results found

1. I want to be able to see my notes from anywhere. I don't have a mac but I still want to be able to see my notes. Maybe you could make a website and you can log into the website to see your notes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This feature should look in all notebooks when new pages were created, and then at the end of a day create a notebook which has all the content of that day. So you have a summary of the complete day, and do not always have to look through all the notebooks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a number of custom templates. Most of them are not any of the existing page sizes (not A4, letter, Goodnotes standard, etc.) Could we have a "Custom" template category, or better the ability to create our own template categories?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Es wäre schön, wenn die Sortierung einstellbar wäre:
    Datumsortierung: heute -> gestern; gestern -> heute

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love to use GoodNotes on my MacBook Pro, but I can't update my system past Mohave, because that is the last version that still supports some older 32 bit apps that I still use. Would there be any chance of doing the testing needed to support MacOS 10.14.x (Mohave)? I absolutely love GoodNotes on my iPad and would to use it cross-platform. Wes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I like to start my header with a cute font that helps me differentiate between sections and navigate more easily to a topic when I review for exams. My process for extending the notes on section when I run out of space for a page entails a complicated ceremony of tapping on the “More Options” menu, then selecting “Copy Page”, then waiting a second or so for it to copy, then tapping on the “+” page button, then selecting “Paste Page”, and finally a brisk celebration knowing I didn’t have to copy a page by hand that I spent ten…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am suggesting to add a setting to be able to more the undo and redo buttons to the magnifying screen for easier access. When writing notes in class it slows you down to have to go to the top of the screen to undo. I believe that this is just a apple pencil gen 1 problem since we do not have the double tap feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Yesterday, Auto-Backup functionality arrived in the iOS App.
    It would be nice, if you could extend this functionality to support an instance of Nextcloud, because Nextcloud is used in a broad variety of companies and associations.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Because I'm left handed, when I'm writing in the top corner, when I rest my hand it sometimes closes the current book that I'm on. If you could put the X on the right side of the tabs that would make my life easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There are only two things I’d change about Goodnotes 5, and this is the more prominent of them. I would like to have the ability to add sections to the thumbnail view, just to make it easier to find chapters/sections/topics in my classes. A simple line between the first and the next section with an area to write the name of the section would be more than enough. I have used outlines some but they don’t provide enough oversight in my opinion. I really hope something like this comes to fruition. Just as a side note I’d also like to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am a mechanical engineering student and I need to write many large matrices in my notes and calculations daily. At least half of my class of 100 use ipads for notes and problem sets and I have heard the same idea from many people.

It would be incredibly useful if you added the large matrix bracket to the shapes that the shape tool recognizes. I mean "[" and "]" but with the ability to draw them as large as needed with straight lines.

This feature would be a game changer for many engineering, math, and science disciplines and I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would love to see a feature where you can screen record yourself writing/drawing a section of your notes, having it save as a gif and then can be replayed anytime within the notes page. Like having small animations embedded within your own notes (resizable and movable like a mini-player), creating more dynamic pages.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It’s where we can choose photos and group them all in one gallery tool. We are then able to just swipe or click the right button to view the photos.

I need this tool because I use good notes for daily journaling and sometimes I have too many photos in one day and it gets too messy if I upload them all. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be cool if a subdividing feature was enabled, as it is shown in the picture beneath

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There’s times I’d like my highlighter to be more vivid without going over it multiple times, or times I’d even like it to be solid (e.g. to fill something with solid color since it’s larger brush size)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add the ability to set margins on both sides of handwriting paper. The auto advance works great, but since you cannot set the margin on the right side of the paper, the handwriting often goes right to the edge of the paper before the auto-return takes you to the next line.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. So far so good!
    I’d like to see a new layout implemented. I’m sure most users use Outlines to organize their notebooks so it’d make perfect sense to have a fast way to access the outline of the notebook without having to press on the four Rectangle button and then click on Outline (when being in thumbnails or favorites).
    So my recommendation is to have a button to directly show the notebook outline, since I’m working a lot with lectures slides and I have one notebook for each course. The placement of the button could be near the title on…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Two fingers, double tap for undo is too much. Why not a single tap with two fingers?

2. Add meta changes to the undo stack: if I add or remove a page, I want to be able to undo (or redo) it, same for template change.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Zoom box bug:

When using the zoom box, sections of it incrementally become unusable over time by a creeping white screen, usually after only 1 or 2 minutes of writing

Why?? When will this be fixed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be AMAZING if it were possible to auto backup to iCloud Drive just like it's possible to backup to Google Drive or Dropbox. There are so many people who this would help, and it would make it so much easier to store and organize files on a Mac, or even just on an iPad.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?