Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7115 results found

1. Being able to type should be default on this app, like notability. It takes up way too much time to choose where to insert a text box, select it again in order to change something in said text box, and move things around. I love everything about this app except the lack of this feature, but its such a crucial feature that I’ve switched over to notability.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Making it possible to insert multiple pages of text at once (or import a word document and be able to edit it) where it is able to move the text, so you can write under parts of the text, with the rest of the text moving further down on to the next page. (and also have the handwritten notes follow, when editing.

Right now when I insert text from a multiple long word file the text is just put into the textbox instead of continuing on the following page. Also the text and the handwritten text do not complement each…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dear Goodnotes4 Developers

How are you?
    I am a Goodnotes 4 user from Thailand and I have a question for you. I can't open Goodnote4 after updating my iOS version to 14.6. I have important files in the app and I tried importing them to Goodnotes 5 but to no avail. Is there any way I can get my files and documents back?
    Thank you for taking the time to read this and I am patiently looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.
    Charles

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Either code your own or employ a OCR image to text converter. As a student, a lot of the content of my notes are pictures of diagrams or other tables with text. The text on these photos aren’t recognized by the search function but this would be greatly beneficial for being able to find the notes that I need.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to be able to use the lasso tool to select images, highlighters or my notes and be able to choose whether they are supposed to be on top or below. Cause if I write something and add an image, the image will cover up my words but if I write after the image it stays as the top layers. So I’ll want to be able to change the layers and it’ll be a lot more organized for me.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like the Goodnotes file system to be integrated with the Apple file system such that you could access all the .goodnote files in their relevant folders through the Apple files app. An example of a use case for this would be when transferring many pdfs into the app, a simple drag and drop or creation of folders and files in the Files app, would allow you to import many files or move them quickly.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As is a feature in OneNote, GoodNotes should add the ability to recognize math equations and to be able to solve it like PhotoMath or Microsoft in OneNote

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Double clicking on a blank area in the op menu bar (header) in the Mac app should expand the app to fill the desktop (not enter Full screen). This is fairly standard in Mac apps but missing in Goodnotes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Es wäre hilfreich, wenn es die Lernkarten auch als linierte oder karierte Lernkarten geben würde. Dann könnte man handschriftlich schöner darauf schreiben.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your idea. We will add more Flash Card templates in future updates. In the meantime, please import your own custom templates and configure them as flash cards. You can do so in Menu > Notebook Templates > Edit > … > Toggle the “Flash Card” button

10. GoodNotes is the excellent app for note taking.Its just above all as compared to all other note taking apps out there in app store.
    Just want to convey a single message to GoodNotes team.
    Please please add scrolling bar function in pages.The slider bar of pages don't work properly.We have to manually turn each pages and that is a too tedious process.Kindly give the option of scrolling of pages using finger or apple pencil.

Also kindly add search through function in images and pictures which are attached in notes.
    Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When highlighting notes or docs, I have a system based on the color of highlight.
    Example:
    Yellow - todo later
    Orange - look into further
    Green - Note about dev tools
    Blue - Note about software process

Would love to see all highlights gathered onto one page for quick reference
    Ability to select highlighted entry and link back to source.
    Filter highlighted entries by color.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I use good notes to hand write paragraphs poems and stories I find myself selecting lines and moving them around to reorganize. Some time ther is not enough space between the lines. I would love to see a feature that selects the paragraph then a similar feature like the resize feature that allows the line spacing between line to be increased. I envision this being similar to an explode feature on a cad drawing but much more simplified

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. An option to scribble on written notes to remove it, instead of double tapping the apples pencil or manually selecting the erase option.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it possible to set opacity of text box background so underlying items could still be seen.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Viele haben das Problem, dass die neuste Seite immer oben ist. Das ist allerdings sehr unpraktisch. Die Seiten manuell zu tauschen, dauert sehr lange bei Notizbüchern mit über 200 Seiten.
    Eine Funktion, die die Reihenfolge tauschen würde, sodass die oberste Seite zur Untersten wird, wäre ziemlich hilfreich.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I constantly am uploading PDFs to GoodNotes, but unless the PDF comes with OCR, then I cannot search the text within the PDF. Notability has this feature, and automatically makes all of the PDFs OCR compatible. If GoodNotes could add this feature that would be amazing, because as a student, I’m constantly uploading files and needing to search through them.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am constantly taking screenshots when I do research and I'm looking to gather them together into a notebook. I want to quickly paste screenshots into the notebook and also be able to add my personal notes next to them or directly on them. I wish I could do this immediately after taking the screenshot without having to go to my gallery to upload the image into GoodNotes. This will allow me to maintain my train of thought better and it will be less tedious. It will make my workflow much more effective. Since right now I have to go…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I usually use GoodNote to take note from lecture and 80% of the time, the palm rejection did a good job. However, once in a while, the palm rejection will fail and it accepts the input from my resting fingers, which cause the unwanted zoom-in/zoom-out or movement of the page. This situation is very annoying because I have to adjust back to the original size and position of the page and keep writing. Sometimes this happen when I am still taking the note, and it really stop me from focusing the content on the lecture. I personally don't like my…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If you change the orientation of a document to either vertical or horizontal scrolling it will make it a default setting affecting other documents. I like viewing some files in vertical mode while having my planner be horizontal. This makes me rely on other notetaking apps instead of just one. Please consider making a default setting for the orientation of the documents and also make distinct settings for documents. This will help in me just rely on one app!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?