Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

75 results found

1. I have a full iCloud. I have lots of old notes that I can archive off but I would much prefer to have them in a non-icloud folder so that they are there for reference.
    As far as I can see iCloud is only on or off.
    I suggest a non-backed up area so we can keep all our working documents backed up and then if we want 10GB + of old stuff (backed up in other ways) its not a problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello!I am a GoodNotes loyal user from Guangzhou,China. I want to report some BUGs to you.
    I personally use GoodNotes4(GoodNotes5 upgrade version).It happens more and more now that the icons show that files are downloading and i can’t open them when I need them urgently(picture below). I don’t know the reason why they are keep downloading files when I do not do anything. Since I use GoodNotes on my iPad which don’t have Cellular network, I find this bug really annoying. I sincerely hope you can improve it.

plus: I don’t want to upgrade to GoodNotes 5 since I consider…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Want to be able to add new keynote slides with hyperlinks into an alredy exported pdf digital planner in goodnote, that I already have started to take notes in. Why? cause I realized that I forgot some importent pages. I tried to add one but unfortunately the links does not work on that slide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For iOS 13 please fix drag-and-drop so it's easy to import photos.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Marius, thanks for your bug report. It would be great if you could send it to support@goodnotes.com instead as we try to keep this forum for feature requests and ideas only. iOS 13 is still in beta, and a lot of features may not be working as expected, which is not necessarily a problem of GoodNotes itself but could be related to iOS. We haven’t yet optimized the app for iOS13, so for a bug-free experience, we recommend using official iOS releases.

5. The images in the note is partially displayed. the images didn’t display well. Please fix it ASAP, thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes 5 is not yet fully optimized for iPadOS. The beta release seems to be one of the most buggy betas Apple released in recent years and we recommend downgrading to iOS 12 in the meantime. We’re working on optimizing the app for the new experience but currently don’t plan to fix any bugs on the OS beta, as this is unfortunately always a risk when using beta versions. We’re aiming to release a fully optimized version around the time of the official iPadOS release in Fall.

We wrote some more about it here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001038036

6. Device: iPad Pro 10.5
    System: iPad OS
    App ver: 5.1.3
    Issue: The picture in notes only be shown in a half. Yes, all the picture.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The page keeps moving after I lift my finger, and also after putting my palm back on the page! Stop all page sliding, at all times, PLEASE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This sounds like a bug in the update 5.1.2. Please make sure that GoodNotes is updated to the latest version. If you experience bugs, it would be great if you could contact our support team directly via support@goodnotes.com and share a screen recording of the problem as well. We’re happy to help.

8. today when i imported ppts from wechat it shut down at first and would be normal after a while.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear about the crash. For problems like this, please contact our support team via email to support@goodnotes.com. It would be great if you could make GoodNotes crash one more time and then directly export the “diagnostic data” from GoodNotes > Menu > About. Please send us that file too.

9. I miss features in Good Notes:
    1) Link between notebooks
    2) An index markup
    3) Tables
    4) Symbols and icons Library
    5) More Draw Tools

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider these features but it would be great if you could add your votes to the existing feature requests in our forum or submit them as individual ideas. This will allow others to vote on them too.

10. After adding the image, the image is cut out. The original image cannot be displayed completely

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have tons of papers on Goodnotes 4 and I don't want to upgrade to Goodnotes 5, if your team can make it possible, that will be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use my iPad on landscape (horizontal) mode most of the time, and when I go through multi-page file on GoodNote 5, I want to have an option to zoom out more than the app currently supports.
    When I go through a document with landscape layout, the app will limit zoom out to always fit the top/bottom edges.
    I want to be able to view two pages at once by zooming out, (scrolling direction set as vertical).

Please give us a freedom to zoom out!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

iOS 13 will include the opportunity to open two instances of the same app next to each other. This will allow you to view two documents or even two pages of the same document side by side.

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We’re planning to release the new Mac version soon but are still working on some missing features, which is why I can’t promise an exact time frame right now. You can sign up here (https://goo.gl/forms/0POBGsmxy2aXJrpf2) to apply for early access. We’re inviting a new batch of sign-ups about once a week, so it shouldn’t take long before you can use the new Mac version.

14. Please fix or add a shapes editor. I am currently trying to make a bar graph in my notes, but for some reason the shapes tool changes my rectangle into a line. It’s could easily be solved if you are able to manipulate the shape like in Procreate. Another option would to just add a graph tab with various graph options and make them customizable. In my case I need to create a Pareto Chart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting the feedback. This is a known bug that we’re already working on. We’ll mark this as “declined”, as we’re trying to use this forum for feature requests and ideas only not for bug reports.

15. Laggy zoom, and also laggy when erasing some written notes, never experience this in GoodNotes 4. Please fit it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be fixed by updating to the latest version 5.0.29. We’ll mark this as declined as we’re trying to use the feedback forum for feature requests only and not for bug reports. If something is not working as expected, please visit support.goodnotes.com, where you can find troubleshooting help, guides, the latest release notes and bug fixes, and also contact our support via email.

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?