Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

75 results found

1. Well you know how you can get an automatic shape? Why not add an automatic lettering tool so it looks more like the letters you write. it would make my notes a lot easier to read and write with.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

declined  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I don't understand why it is not made compatible with iOS 6. I'd be happy to pay again if you could make it iOS 6 compatible. Please make it iOS 6 compatible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use the new ios11 drag and drop feature to take your handwritten text and convert to text in the drafts app

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Not everyone wants to upgrade to iOS 7. I really want to use this with a full version, but I'm not allowed since I keep iOS 6. Please don't make me to upgrade my iPad system, which is the last thing that I would like to do with my iPad. So please just make it compatible with iOS 6! I'll appreciate it!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd love to see Goodnotes accessible via a apple pencil tap on the lock screen. Currently Apple Notes can be accessed this way, it would be nice if Goodnotes could replace this the default Notes. Options to open last open notebook when tapped would be a great compliment to this feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Now, when importing a word file it isn’t imported properly and everything is shifted, some things are missing and it just doesn‘t work. We‘d like, that it works as good as importing pdf files! Because that’s just awesome!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortuantely, sometimes the format of Word documents can’t be read by our PDF converter correctly. In cases like this, please save the Word document to PDF first and then import it with GoodNotes.

7. Instead of :
    two-finger double-tap for undo
    three-finger double-tap for redo
    If it can be just one tap It would be much faster

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We have tested this option and found that it is causing interferences with our palm rejection and often gets triggered by accident, which is why we decided to implement a more pronounced gesture with the double-tap. You can also use the iPadOS gestures for undo and redo to swipe right and left with three fingers.

8. please fix the bug!! it ain’t fluent when i open pdf documents and make notes, it’s driving me crazy man!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This is all about sidecar. If you don't know what that is, here's a link that explains what it is: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210380.

I use my iPad as the second display of my mac so I can be on zoom on my laptop and take notes on my iPad by typing on my laptop - this is easier than typing on my iPad. This really makes it convenient for me as a student. However, one thing I noticed is that there is a HUGE delay between my action and reaction. Basically, when I scroll on my mouse, it takes 1-2 secs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My mac cannot upgrade for macOS 10.15 so, I'd like to have goodnotes app version that is suitable for me to update my notes across between my iPad and my mac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sadly, the technology we’re using to develop the Mac app, called “Mac Catalyst”, is not compatible with macOS versions below 10.15. We currently don’t have any plans of changing that.

11. Please, people that don't has an apple pencil but has another smart stylus now can't use it with GN5 as they did in GN4. I'm a new user, and when i found that out I had already bought GN5, and now I don't want to spend another 8 dollars to buy GN4

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I wish that we could access good notes when you double tap the apple pencil on the screen turned off. That would be amazing when you have a digital planner in the app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Indeed, it would be fantastic. Sadly, this is a system feature that Apple hasn’t opened for third-party app developers like us. We’ll be the first to implement that should they open it up at some point.

13. Whenever you want to zoom in or out or even scroll up or down, the app reacts with a large latency - with some updates it was improved but at the moment it is sadly worse. Like that its definitely not fun to use, near impossible to work with to be honest. Would love if that matter could be looked into. - Love the app otherwise!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear about the issue. It sounds like you’re experiencing a bug that we should be able to fix for you. Please check if you’re running the latest version of GoodNotes which is 5.4.46 at the moment. If it is happening in the latest version, report a problem to our support team through the following link: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please include more information, ideally also a video recording where we can see the problem you’re experiencing.

14. I would like if the scrolling feature using my finger to slide the pages up (I use vertical) would be more smooth and consistent. It is so frustrating when my first swipe is ignored, then the next one is slow and it seems like it does not respond consistently. I just want a smooth scroll when going through my lecture slides and taking notes quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear about the issue. It sounds like you’re experiencing a bug that we should be able to fix for you. Please check if you’re running the latest version of GoodNotes which is 5.4.46 at the moment. If it is happening in the latest version, report a problem to our support team through the following link: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please include more information, ideally also a video recording where we can see the problem you’re experiencing.

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Whenever I share a GoodNotes file in a Zoom conference, the handwriting is so much delayed that I can't write with my grafictablet anymore. How comes? And how can I solve this problem?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think it would be very beneficial to implement an account/sign in system. So, whenever users sign in on a new device, all of their documents are already present. Similar to a Google Docs kind of set up. You can sign into your google account from any device and still be able to access your Google Docs.
    iCloud can act as an extra layer of security. With this, there'd be less risk of losing documents when switching to a newer device. Often times, in my experience, my documents will grey out and become inaccessible as a result of improper iCloud…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. It sounds like there might be something wrong with your iCloud Sync in GoodNotes if you’re experiencing the problem where documents are greyed out. If it happens again, please report a problem to our support team: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Otherwise, iCloud is technically supposed to do exactly what you described.

For other solutions, we’d have to built our own cloud storage, which also would come at additional cost to the user.

18. When I import files from cloud service like dropbox, I often get the error message "The item couldn't be saved because the file name "..." is invalid". The file can be import to other note apps and the name doesn't have any special characters. And the file names shown are usually with something like ".cloud" added weirdly in the end. Can you try to fix this problem? Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I backed up my GoodNotes 4 files onto my google drive some years ago, and after I installed GoodNotes 5, I tried to import the .goodnotes files from the google drive to GoodNotes 5. But an error pops up. I tried different ways: Trying to open the .goodnotes zip files on my computer app, or rather using the google drive app to open the files via GoodNotes 5 but none of it is working.
    It just says it can't import it (GoodNotes4Converter.GoodNotes4DocumentImporterError) Could you please fix this as soon as possible? Very important files are now locked in this .goodnotes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Most of the time, synchronicity across multiple devices is quite quick, however I've begun to notice it sometimes takes a while or I've had to restart the app. I am a university student and I use goodnotes on my macbook and ipad pro, which is great because I can screenshot things on my macbook and write notes on them on my ipad (almost) straight away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The speed of iCloud Sync is not something we can influence from our side. It should sync automatically every 15-30 seconds and it also depends on the size of the data that needs to be synced as well as external factors like your internet speed. In case you notice it is taking far too long or is not working at all, please report a problem to our support team so that we can investigate the issue: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Make sure to export the diagnostic data from GoodNotes > Menu > About and include it in your support request.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?