Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

592 results found

1. I am using this app for taking notes while watching lectures. Sometimes, professor change the order of teaching lectures like 1.3 →1.1→1.2. Therefore, I need to change the order them, but now I cannot do that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can reorder pages in the thumbnail view by dragging them to a different postion. If you need to reorder written notes on the page, use the lasso tool to cut out the text, then make space by moving other objects on the page, and paste the text back in.

2. For me the lack of auto straight lines and geometric figures after a long press is really one of those dealbreakers.. i know you have the tool for that, but that tool is simply too simple, you can't edit the shapes properly and you cant interact 2 circles and make them have the same center and change the radius of each one, or move just one corner of a triangle , etc.. this is THE FEATURE you should really really copy from notability, and its the real dealbreaker for me

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

3. We cannot use the app on my daughters device even though it is mentioned that it is usable within Apple family

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear about that. If Family Sharing is not working properly, please contact Apple’s Support. GoodNotes is available via Family Sharing but it can’t be an issue of the app itself. Instead, it is likely related to your account or the App Store – something we, unfortunately, can not help you with. Apple’s support should be able to help you with it quickly.

4. PLEASE build an option to deactivate „Drawing perfect lines, curves, and shapes“. It is not welcome in any situation!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My iPad is already IOS 14 and I can't go back. I can't Downgrade
    I hope a quick improvement.
    So when are you going to update it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After the latest update you cannot use it installed fonts on ios any more. I want to be ables to write in Overlock again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

An update that will add the new Font API to GoodNotes will be available shortly. Please note that it is not an issue exclusively related to GoodNotes but could affect other apps as well on iOS 14.

7. I currently updated my devices to the current IOS 14 and it currently does not allow my custom fonts as a selection in the drop down menu because GoodNotes uses the old font API. I am hoping this issue will be resolved soon and I can resume using Goodnotes with the custom fonts I created. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add page number on the top or bottom of the paper

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest update GoodNotes 5.5 is now available on the App Store. While scrolling through your document, you can now see the current page number and the total number of pages in this document. If you don’t like to see the page numbers, you can disable it in Menu > Settings > Document Editing.

9. At the moment in order to go back to editing my document I need to choose it once again or opening another one and then close it.
    It makes working on GoodNotes a bit messy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We will see how we can improve the user experience in the future. For now, please open the search tab where you can find the “Recently opened documents” section.

10. Have notes sync in real time. Maybe allow multiple users to edit. For example making a presentation in which you have a full view of it on one screen and can make live edits with the Apple Pencil. Kinda like google docs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When importing or taking pictures, i am missing an option to crop them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Once a line is created using the shape tool, the user should be able to manipulate that line by lengthening and shortening it from either end. Additionally, line snapping needs improvement. Lines should snap to each other and to text boxes more efficiently.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

14. When we finish writing a sheet and we want to go to the next one, if we don't have it created, it gives us the option to add a sheet. It would be much better if it automatically added a sheet with the used template, without having to go to the menu to choose template.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please allow me to customize the pages I want to export instead of doing one at a time or the whole document! It's a pain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, if you double tap Apple Pencil to switch from pen to eraser, it will swap back to pen automatically. Some users might prefer, but this is not desired in some cases. Please add a toggle to disable this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since apple has officially launched iOS and macOS universal purchase system, will GoodNotes 5 come on board?

https://developer.apple.com/support/universal-purchase/

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I like to underline titles and definitions, but in a fast-paced lecture it's cumbersome to select the shape tool, draw the line, then turn off the shape tool. Half the time I forget to turn it off and then make a mistake that takes even more time to fix. It would be a nice quality of life change to make it so that when you hold down the pen after drawing a manual line, it becomes a straight line a la the shape tool. It is the number one thing I miss about Notability.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When being used as a whiteboard for lectures, it is difficult for a student to copy down everything before the lecturer moves on. It would be awesome if the lecturer could write on one page while the previous page is still displayed.

This way, the presenter can zoom in on the current page to write comfortably, but multiple pages can be seen. It would be like having two whiteboards in a room so that students or meeting attendees can keep up without the presenter having to partition the current page by lines and awkward zooming

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can be achieved by opening the same GoodNotes document in two windows side by side and presenting from one. While the audience can focus on the previous page, you can freely navigate around in the other window. You can set which window to present from in the sharing menu.

20. It would be great if one could work with goodnotes split view and then be able to return to all my folders from my second goodnotes page. Until now I can only close the second page (x Botton on top left corner).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?