Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. The splitscreens option allows the user to see two pages of one document at once. With this option the user can open an informative pdf on the one side while taking notes on a different sheet on the other side.

16,593 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

705 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re excited to announce that we have completed this feature. It is now available in the update GoodNotes 5.3 for iPadOS (13.1).

With the update, we added full support for iPadOS’ multiple windows. It lets you do much more than viewing two documents side by side. To read everything you need to know about opening multiple documents, please visit goodnotes.com/ipad-os.

How to open a new window:

You can now open GoodNotes in multiple windows to view two documents side by side, view two pages of the same document in Split View, or pair it with other apps in spaces across your entire system. To open a new window, drag any of the elements listed below to the side of your screen:

- the app icon from the dock
    - documents from the library
    - folders from the library
    - individual pages from the document thumbnail view
    - tabs from the…

2. I love taking notes and drawing in GoodNotes and it would be great if I could rotate the objects I've drawn on the page. We can already change the color and scale the object, so it would be nice to be able to rotate these objects.

2,513 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

281 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Rotation of handwritten objects is possible in GoodNotes 5. Select the objects with the lasso tool and tap on “resize”. You’ll also find the option to rotate the selection.

3. i love the app but a mac version would allow me to use my macbook pro when needed and my iPad when more appropriate. please develop!

1,593 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It is nice to be able to go to the next page going down instead of going left. It would also be nice if scrolling down to the next page continuous without jumping to the next page, so you can see the bottom of one page and the top of the next page.

1,514 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

257 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. fonts installed on iPad via profile should be displayed. AnyFont app can be used to install fonts (http://www.anyfont-app.com). competitor Notebooks shows all fonts.

1,239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

210 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

GoodNotes 5 supports all system fonts. If you install custom fonts via profiles to iOS, you can use them with the Text Tool in GoodNotes. Tap the brush icon to modify the text style.

6. Good Notes needs a universal search option, so that from the main screen, we can search for note titles, folder names, page bookmark and text (typed or written with OCR). Otherwise, it is nearly impossible to find notes back.

1,037 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I'd love to be able to have sub folders and be able to add tags to my documents to make it easier to sort them

873 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Would be great having a feature that allows you to write stuff with a stylus pen or finger and then, if wanted, convert it to text.

790 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I love that I can search my handwritten notes! The rub is that sometimes something I'm searching for, spans multiple notebooks. It would be wonderful to be able to search all of the netbooks for the currently selected category!

655 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I need access on my mac...!

591 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Simulaneously share notebooks for use through the web with other users.

Talkboard is a free app by Citrix that allows for sharing of a white board with multiple users. The writing features are in general, the same as good notes.

If notebooks could support features to share with other users simultaneously, even select notebooks, then I would be able to use good notes as a collaboration tool on top of it being a note taking tool.

516 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

188 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to announce the release of our new update GoodNotes 5.5 including “Shared Documents”. You can now share a document with other GoodNotes users and work together on them. You can read everything about the first version of shared documents here: https://medium.goodnotes.com/link-sharing-share-documents-adb36f99c583

Details on how to use the new features and FAQ are available here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001571256-Sharing-a-document-with-other-users-to-collaborate-on-it

12. Add/integrate the SDK from Adonit for the new Jot Script just announced. This stylus has a 1.9mm tip and is suppose to produce the best experience for note-taking. Just make sure you can disable pinch-zoom while writing to prevent any unwanted issues while writing (maybe have manual buttons for zooming in the menu bar when connected to the stylus?)

497 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 489 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  64 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. you can do that on the pc (-> pdf xchange viewer) or on mac (spotlight search): if you enter a keyword it gives you a list of every page your word appears on, which is an incredible feature for learning with e.g. your universties pdfs.

goodnotes offers you the chance to look for a word within ONE pdf file, but there's no global search engine - which I believe is a feature a lot of people would appreciate!!
    (no other ipad app has this, so be the first ;) )

468 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create more templates that are quick and easy to edit and change. Make a template management system or folder.

Make templates for Work, School, Business, Time Mgmt, Expenses, Budgets etc.

459 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be nice to have different pen options, like a pencil and maybe a calligraphy pen. I would gladly pay for them as an in app purchase.

445 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 427 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Even though we have some category options, they are limited and the ui is not the best. Implementation of a folder hierarchy structure with a better ui (may be with tags/labels) will make managing notebooks much more easier. Lack of hierarchy on folder management is the biggest problem&missing feature of all note taking apps which are currently available and this difference will surely make GoodNotes the preferred one over other competitors.

394 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Using the Apple pencil is really cool, but I find that undoing and redoing is really annoying using the toolbar at the top. Having a feature like in Procreate to undo with a 2 finder tap and redo with a 3 finger tap would make taking notes much more fluid.

393 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fixing slow or never ending iCloud Upload. Just a few notes from me get synced to other devices. The most notes are never synced and just get tagged with the Upload arrow.

357 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We’re happy to announce that we have finally found a fix for the issues with iCloud. Apple’s engineers confirmed that there was a bug with the GoodNotes folder in their own system.

After updating to version 4.11.11, which is available as an update on the App Store, you should be able to quickly sync all your changes and notebooks across all of your devices again.

We want to take the chance to say sorry again to everyone that was affected by the problems. Thank you so much for staying with us during these hard times!
    In case you should experience any trouble with iCloud after updating to the latest version, please contact our support.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?