Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. Die deutsche Übersetzung ist "beschneiden". Ist etwas unglücklich weil man dabei an die Beschneidung denkt aus dem Islam irgendwie. Ich würde es auf "Zuschneiden" ändern.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Back then in GN4, Auto backups used to check for Changes and update the latest change to the destination folder. I always keep the destination folder up to date that there’s no duplicate files with different name (because I change their name and they’re both kept in the folder) or other problems like the duplicated file that I deleted one of them but they’re both kept and etc. So I always change the destination folder to restart auto backup process so that all the files in that folder look exactly the same with my current document in GN at the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Trackpad and mouse support of Good Note 5 is too limited. I hope more feature will be added to the next update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Wenn ich bisher eine PDF Datei in mein Notizbuch importieren will, kann ich nur zwischen dem zu letzt geöffneten Notizbuch oder den Überordnern wählen, in die ich das PDF dann als neue Datei einfügen kann.

In fürheren Versionen konnte man ein PDF, z.B. aus den Dateien, in jedes Notizbuch als Seite importieren.

Bei der bisherigen Version muss ich erst meinen Scan machen, dann daran denken, dass ich in Good Notes das richtige Notizbuch geöffnet habe und kann dann erst das Arbeitsblatt in mein Notizbuch einfügen.

Das kostet viel Zeit und nervt, daher würde es mich freuen, wenn Sie die Möglichkeit,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I import a PDF file in good notes, I can only choose to import it in folders or in the last opened document/ notebook. In earlier versions, I was able to choose also notebooks to import my PDF as a site.

Now, I have to go to my scan app, scan the document, go to Good Notes, open the right notebook, go to the scan app and just then I can import it as a site in the right notebook.

Please bring that back. So, you can save a lot of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When you add a shape, you should be able to easily resize it, because often it is not exactly how I want it to be and then you have to redo and then do it again and again and again until it is how I want it to be. This takes a lot of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

7. Link the documents in iCloud with the new iCloud folder sharing. If you've enabled iCloud, why it's not possible to share docs you want to share just by sending a link? I mean, with iOS 13.4, Apple made this possible. You send a link, you tap on the link, Goodnotes asks you if you want to import the docs. That's it. Much better for large folders and I would save a lot of data volume.
    Would be nice to have. :-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce the release of our new update GoodNotes 5.5 including “Shared Documents”. You can now share a document with other GoodNotes users and work together on them. You can read everything about the first version of shared documents here: https://medium.goodnotes.com/link-sharing-share-documents-adb36f99c583 Details on how to use the new features and FAQ are available here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001571256-Sharing-a-document-with-other-users-to-collaborate-on-it

8. we need a direct way to contact goodnotes developers
    Ive encountered an annoying bug and got the screen recording, but I got nowhere to report the issue and the bug still keeps on irritating me.
    really need help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think it would be a really good feature to be able to cast this app to chromecast because a lot of people could take advantage of this.
    I think that Goodnotes does not hear what the people really want

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Instead of casting GoodNotes to Chromecast, please try using the AirPlay feature of your iPad and mirror the entire device to your external screen. This will also enable you to use presentation mode in GoodNotes.

10. I use GoodNotes everyday. I love it. I love that it continues to improve and get new features. I would support a subscription model to ensure I can continue to use and rely on GoodNotes being there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate your support. While we currently don’t have any plans for changing the business model, we reserve the right to do so in the future. The best way you can support us is by referring other people to GoodNotes :-)

11. Wenn man mehrere Bilder eingefügt und richtig angeordnet hat und nun doch noch Text o.ä. ergänzt werden soll, sollte man alle Bilder gleichzeitig verschieben können, sodass sich an der Anordnung nichts ändert

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Multiple objects on the page can be selected with the lasso tool. The image tool can only select one image at a time. We recommend tapping and holding on the lasso tool icon in the toolbar and disable both other options besides “images” for the best effect.

12. I'm sorry for that in the beginning,I bought goodnotes in that shop for study,after I realizd the value of the APP,I decide to buy it myself,so I told you the fact that the online store had did.
    I have informed it to Taobaowang ,but they ignored it.
    the online store's ID is qq709679457

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dear GoodNotes staff,

first let me congratulate with for your impressive app. It is definitely the best note taking app available. I am writing from Italy, where as you may know, we are in middle on the Covid19 outbreak. For this reason we are preparing to start teaching online.

In this regards, my suggestion is the following: via cable connection allow Mac app to project the iPad app. In this way the iPad can be used as a whiteboard to share in the videoconference. The cable connection is important in order to optimize the network. Indeed, there many students connected…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When we import a PDF that has a built-in outline structure, that structure is added to our notebooks as outline items. But they cannot be edited, and if you delete pages, the outline items remain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest version of GoodNotes 5, you can filter the Outlines tab to exclude PDF outlines. This doesn’t technically delete them but they don’t block your custom outline structure.

15. I’d love to be able to insert my lecture slides into a notebook and have a page of note paper beside it to take my own notes along with the slides. Even if slide contents had to be shrunk a bit, I’d love to have note paper beside them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make app compatible with Mac so that GoodNotes can operate similar to OneNote. Sometimes when I am trying to write a paper of do other assignments, It would be more convenient if I could view my notes on my laptop as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a paper size that is the same as the Moleskine XL (7.5” x 9.5”). This seems the closest to the various 11” iPads and would allow a one to one scaled replacement of my favorite notebook size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great if the toolbar hidden function (while projecting on screen) can be used during video meeting/screen sharing/screen recording.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have a template I want to use for a notebook so I would like to be able to add a cover to my imported document

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. After we upgraded to iOS 13.3 ,GoodNotes 5 has been keeping flash out every 2~3 minutes. Please fix this problem fast!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?