Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The missing backup to drop ox or Google drive is a problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In GoodNotes 4 I was able to use the search tool without any problem but in GoodNotes 5 I’m not able to use it properly because my language thus the alphabet of it is not supported. It makes really difficult to search in my documents.
    It would be much appreciated to have a search tool that is usable in my language too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Now I can only use it to select my handwriting and move the selected object around but when i press the select object to pull more options, i failed, it just copied what i select. I think there must have some bugs in this new updated version. Because before i update this app yesterday, this question never happens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Now I can only use it to select my handwriting and move the selected object around but when i press the select object to pull more options, i failed, it just copied what i select. I think there must have some bugs in this new updated version. Because before i update this app yesterday, this question never happens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the current implementation, scrolling with the trackpad leads to the document moving even after the fingers have left the trackpad. This is probably due to the direct port of the iPad App to Mac. This behaviour is, however, really annoying because it is different to all other Mac-native scrolling behaviour where there is no scrolling after-effect.

Having an option to revert back to the old, traditional scrolling behaviour would tremendously enhance the Desktop user experience.

Thank you!

The clip below shows the difference in scrolling behaviour with same scrolling input. Left: traditional without scrolling-after effect. Right: GoodNotes with scrolling-after…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the current implementation, scrolling with the trackpad leads to the document moving even after the fingers have left the trackpad. This is probably due to the direct port of the iPad App to Mac. This behaviour is, however, really annoying because it is different to all other Mac-native scrolling behaviour where there is no scrolling after-effect.

Having an option to revert back to the old, traditional scrolling behaviour would tremendously enhance the Desktop user experience.

Thank you!

The clip below shows the difference in scrolling behaviour with same scrolling input. Left: traditional without scrolling-after effect. Right: GoodNotes with scrolling-after…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. using sidecar to draw in the macOS version from iPad. I notice it uses the default pointer all the time. I wonder if it could be change to something more meaningful eg when drawing use a dot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. No way to contact you? Idiotic! This means, no service ... and for us, no purchase! And you really want to charge separately for a Mac version, when already paid for the ios version?
    Ridiculous!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear that you couldn’t find a way to contact us. You can either send us an email to support@goodnotes.com or use the “Send a request” button in our support center on support.goodnotes.com. You can also follow us on Twitter (@goodnotesapp) to get in touch with us.

Here’s why the Mac version requires a second purchase: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003643423-Why-does-the-Mac-app-require-a-separate-purchase-from-the-iPad-version

10. It would be great, if there is a possibility to zoom in and out my notes on the Mac version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Will GoodNotes 5 for Mac be available in HK? It's so sad not to be able to sync my iPad with my Macbook. :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The highlighter already has the option to draw only straight lines, but would love the additional (!) option, when working in texts, to make it automatically put the straightend lines in a horizontal position.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

14. We need to be able to draw forms with the highlighter on GoodNotes 5 like it was possible with GoodNotes 4.
    Please include this feature in GoodNotes 5.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

15. I often am annotating pdfs. ppt etc. from another open medbook or rubric. It would be insanely convenient to be able to view the two documents side by side rather than flip back and forth. I understand concept of opening another app but that would be a view only. I may take screenshots from a text using goodnotes but I still have to flip back to the other document to add it to my the other notes. I guess it would be like apple's split view but working within the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If it’s possible in the new version to bring back turning off blue rectangular in auto advance mode while zooming. Maybe it’s possible in the 5th version, but I still can’t find how
    Thank you in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it so the eraser only erases a tiny portion similar to how Notability now has partial erase. It would make it so I can do more intricate art in the app itself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes has this feature since several years. You can disable “erase entire stroke” in the eraser settings by double-tapping on the eraser icon in the toolbar. By default, it is set to partial erasing.

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When introducing files from Archives App we can no longer import multiple documents at the same time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would love the iPad is 13 two slides of the same app to come to GoodNotes. Also I would love a more streamlined pencil for even handwriting that is less wobbly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes 5.3 adds full support for iPadOS/iOS 13 including the ability to open multiple instances of GoodNotes and pair it in split view. You can read more about the latest release on goodnotes.com/ipad-os

• Don't see your idea?