I take a ton of notes and produce a lot of todos from meetings, etc.
OneNote had this feature 15 years ago whereby you would add a todo box next to the line of a handwritten note. It then had a todo notebook that would pull all of the todo boxes from all notebooks. I'm dying to have this feature. I've searched and searched and can't find the feature anywhere! Please please add this!!
Juan Carlos Silva Morales commented
Will be great if we can link with Microsoft To Do or Teams assignments or Jira IDs
disneyhub loginvip commented
Improving GoodNotes, or any software, involves considering both user feedback and potential feature enhancements. Here are some suggestions for improving GoodNotes:
1. **Enhanced Note-taking Features:**
- Introduce advanced text formatting options.
- Improve handwriting recognition and conversion to text.
- Include more diverse pen styles and colors.
2. **Collaboration and Sharing:**
- Implement real-time collaboration for shared documents.
- Allow for seamless integration with cloud storage services.
- Enable commenting and annotation on shared documents.
3. **Organization and Navigation:**
- Introduce nested folders or tags for better organization.
- Implement a powerful search functionality to quickly find notes.
- Include a robust bookmarking system for easy navigation.
4. **Improved Drawing and Annotation Tools:**
- Add a variety of shapes and drawing tools.
- Include more advanced annotation options (e.g., arrows, stamps).
- Integrate a ruler or straight-edge tool.
5. **Integration with Other Apps and Services:**
- Enable easy import/export of documents to and from other applications.
- Support direct integration with productivity tools like Microsoft Office or Google Workspace.
6. **Customization and Personalization:**
- Allow users to customize the interface, such as themes or layout options.
- Provide templates for different note-taking styles (e.g., Cornell Notes, bullet journaling).
7. **Accessibility and Inclusivity:**
- Ensure the app is accessible to users with disabilities, including screen readers and voice commands.
8. **Performance and Stability:**
- Continuously work on optimizing the app for speed and responsiveness.
- Regularly address and fix any reported bugs or crashes.
9. **User Community and Feedback:**
- Establish a platform for users to submit feedback and feature requests.
- Actively engage with the user community to understand their needs and pain points.
10. **Education and Support:**
- Provide comprehensive tutorials, guides, and support resources.
- Offer webinars or workshops to help users make the most of the app.
Remember, any improvements should be balanced with maintaining a user-friendly and intuitive interface. Regular updates based on user feedback and technological advancements are key to keeping an app like GoodNotes relevant and valuable to its users.https://www.disneyhublogin.vip/
Nik G commented
This suggestion is 7 years old! Clearly Goodnotes don't listen to users.
Geoffrey Rosenblatt commented
The ability to insert a reminder date button would be a simple solution here.
Klara Raffanelli commented
I would suggest a simplified version that just allows inserting additional notes such as post its, or as the person suggested, a to-do list which could then be linked to a different notebook or page. I think the important feature would be that the additional notes are still visible (if necessary in a smaller font), and not like for example adobe's comments which only show the icon.
Probably the main feature which is needed for me to continue using thegood notes. My usage has reduced by 90% because I need To Do easy management and lists. I just need a simple select - add as a to do list
I would also really love to have an option where all my 'todo' tasks are pulled out into one single place.
With a number of notebooks, a lot of tasks get lost with time, and I have to put the TODO into another app to ensure it stays visible.
Please, this is so needed!
Mubashir Naseer Chaudhry commented
Have been using GoodNotes since version 4 and like the app as my daily diary for office work but seems it has stopped growing
Have been Looking for the todo, tags and back links in number of app which I would like to see in GoodNotes
Rightly said OneNote had the todo feature and now many other apps are taking over. Would not like to switch over but will have to do that if I can’t get the features to make my life more productive.
I’ve found that using iOS/iPadOS Shortcuts is a handy way to achieve this.
I created a list in Reminders called “Triage” to hold the reminders I create in GoodNotes.
Then I created a shortcut:
- Receive “Any” input from “Share Sheet”
- Split “Shortcut Input” by “New Lines”
- Repeat with each item in “Split Text”
— Add “Repeat Item” to “Triage” with “No Alert”
- End Repeat
- Show notification “Added reminders: “Repeat Results”
Click the info button (the “i” in the circle”) and switch on “Show in Share Sheet”.
Now in GoodNotes:
- Capture your todos with the Lasso tool
- Open the popup by tapping within the lassoed section, and choose Convert
- This gives you a popup window with the text GoodNotes has discovered in the window
- Tap the Share button and choose your new shortcut
- Rejoice as each line of text is turned into a new Todo item in your selected list!
It would still be great to have the auto-detected todo feature that Bob originally asked for, but this is a quick and easy workaround that only uses built-in apps.
You can download my shortcut from https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/2b4a006bbd994787b80bb3586ab05b69
Christina Marie Kairis commented
This would be amazing. I would love it!
Monica Geller commented
MyAccountAccess is the Credit Card Account service portal from Elan Financial Services for its Credit Card Members.
This blog is very useful thanks for sharing this.
Gina Rivera commented
JSP as view and common header, footer, and navigation bar. You can implement the following features to this https://www.targetpayandbenefits.biz/ Todo Management project (take this is an exercise): Finish Todo feature: Add finish button and save status against each record in a database. This tutorial is explained in the below Youtube Video.
Celine Meissonnier commented
It’s very disappointing that Good Notes have not done this yet
Yesss, and you can sync it to other to-do apps!
I agree. I would love this feature.
I keep many notebooks for customer meetings, and it not always easy to remember the todo's from every notebook. Having a way to identify a todos, and have it populate a single todo page would be great.
The anonymous suggestion below (May 21, 2019) is excellent. It works so well to drag-and-drop to GoodTask that it almost seems as if the apps were designed specifically to work together. That said, a more complete vision for ToDos in GoodNotes is in order — functionality as described in other requests below, integration with Apple’s Reminders, sync (maybe through Reminders) with other apps like Outlook, etc. It would be an amazing feature for GoodNotes.
Graham Roy commented
I would love this feature as it can sometimes be tricky reading back through notes and figuring all the Actions or To-Dos that were captured. I like the suggestion of using a "code" in the notes and searching for that - I think that's a good short term option, but having something that would "formally" identify an Action/To-Do and have the ability to flag it as "Complete" would be really nice!
I'd use this often!
Yaniv Yaniv commented
I do something similar wherein every "Todo" I create starts with the word "Todo". That way I just search for Todo and get the list. I recently submitted a request to be able to lasso something and covert that to a remover task with alarm. I'm hoping it gets traction.