I'M GETTING HEADACHES! User experience on mac is clunky and simply mirrors iPad gestures
Hi GoodNotes team,
Thanks for developing an amazing notetaking app for iPad. I just have some suggestions for the mac version to improve workflow and efficiency.
I like your app, but I want to love it.
HIGH PRIORITY - makes the app annoying to use:
- clicking on a page thumbnail in the side bar NEEDS to bring me to that page
- change template (especially page size) for entire notebook/multiple pages
- multi-page selection is broken. it should also be optimised with [cmd + click] and [shift + click]
- DELETING A PAGE TAKES THREE CLICKS. AND SINCE MULTI-PAGE SELECTION IS CURRENTLY BROKEN, DELETING MULTIPLE PAGES IS A NIGHTMARE! mac shortcut for (multiple) deleting pages such as [click, delete] or [cmd + delete] needed. mac preview app optimises the side bar very well, goodnotes needs to catch up
- [cmd + z] after deleting a page should recover the page
- pressing [enter] should register as clicking on 'Apply' such as when changing a page template
- pop-ups should be instant, or an option should be provided in settings to toggle them. for example:
- double clicking on a tool in the toolbar slowly opens tool options pop-up. this
is intuitive for iPad, but this is headache-inducing and not suited for mac
- right clicking on a page thumbnail in the side bar slowly opens more options.
this should be instant
- allow right clicking of tool in toolbar -> immediately open tool options
- add rectangular selection alongside/replacing lasso tool as using a lasso on trackpad is much more difficult
- compatability with macbook pro touchbar
- addition of customisable text styles for typing mode, microsoft word does this well
Thanks for reading
p.s. typing all this out in the tiny feedback box was great