Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7131 results found

1. Using Goodnotes 5 for iPad Pro 2020, I have noticed that the application drains significant battery, especially in the background even though I am certain I have Background App Refresh turned off.
    The competition, which is Notability, drains less battery. As well as this, Goodnotes 5 heats up my iPad quite a bit. I really love Goodnotes as opposed to any other application but please fix this battery drain issue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Love the app. I use it to teach computer science and mathematics subjects to college students in online mode. For the math course, at present I start with an empty white background and write on it. I was wondering if it would be possible, using your app, to recreate the experience of teaching on a blackboard by simulating the sound that the chalk makes on the blackboard, so that when I write on a black background template (with white color pen), if I enabled this option, then the students will hear a sound whenever my apple pencil is writing on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently flashcards aren't full screen so the answers look very tiny

Also please add the ability to move the line dividing the Question and Answers up and down cause some answers are too big to fit in that small space

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I use to have 3 or 4 notebook opened (as tabs), on the iPad when we open Goodnotes we are on the last state (with notebooks already opened), on the Mac each time I open Goodnotes I start with a blank stage, on folder page and nothing opened.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I read the Support comment:
    "The latest update GoodNotes 5.5 is now available on the App Store. While scrolling through your document, you can now see the current page number and the total number of pages in this document. If you don’t like to see the page numbers, you can disable it in Menu > Settings > Document Editing."

It's great but with this new suggestion I mean ADD as a part of the Notebook on every page, not just when scrolling. This would allow us to easily see the page whether the Notebook is printed. It also can help…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Just like creating unique pen by myself, which will be convenient in particular occasion, instead of setting everyting any time we switch to another occasion.
    It's the same with other tool, but pen is the most important.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I’m amazed that people have been suggesting direct access to Dropbox for YEARS now and nothing has come of it. Having to import documents from Dropbox into GoodNotes file management system is ridiculous and tedious; let me open the file directly from Dropbox and save it directly TO Dropbox rather than having to import and export!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I love use goodnotes but not being able to create sub outlines within the outlines is very frustrating and may cause me to switch apps. Please add this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Offer commission for affiliate link sales. Would promote this app all the time!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I adjust the line spacing pretty frequently, and it's really difficult to get it to a precise level.

The slider will almost always shift once you lift your finger or pencil from the iPad. This same problem also happens if you're using a Mac with a trackpad. It wouldn't be as big of an annoyance if the + and - buttons adjusted the slider at a better rate. On the Mac, one click on either button only adjusts the value by 0.01 pt.

Personally, I think it'd be a lot easier for the user if you could manually enter the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After the numbers of tabs gets too big (I.e. >10) , add a setting that lets the app auto close the oldest tab to keep the tab count manageable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello guys, I've been using both notability and goodnotes for over almost 2 years now and i still cant crown one over another, but goodnotes is wayt closer to being the king over notability due to the versatility of the app, custom paper, tools, etc, but theres a tool that i use everysingle day, and that it is soooo much better on notability than on goodnotes, and thats the hold to snap / auto shape tool
    I know we already have the snap to other shapes feature, but that is basically useless unlessyoure using lines..
    I would like for you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The tools bar takes too much space. I think it will be better if I can hind the bar which I circled in red.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm often reviewing older notes on previous pages, then scrolling back to the last page. It would be nice to have a button dedicated to the last page of the notebook so getting there is easier. The Go to Page feature on the more button is close, but it defaults to the page you're currently on, which doesn't make a lot of sense. What if it defaulted to the last page instead? This seems like the far more likely use case and would be a simple fix

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'm often reviewing older notes on previous pages, then scrolling back to the last page. It would be nice to have a button dedicated to the last page of the notebook so getting there is easier. The Go to Page feature on the more button is close, but it defaults to the page you're currently on, which doesn't make a lot of sense. What if it defaulted to the last page instead? This seems like the far more likely use case and would be a simple fix

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to be able to see my notes from anywhere. I don't have a mac but I still want to be able to see my notes. Maybe you could make a website and you can log into the website to see your notes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be AMAZING if it were possible to auto backup to iCloud Drive just like it's possible to backup to Google Drive or Dropbox. There are so many people who this would help, and it would make it so much easier to store and organize files on a Mac, or even just on an iPad.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I run an organisation that uses GoodNotes as our digital white-board app for hybrid Zoom and in-person classes. Due to switching from a single Zoom license to Zoom Rooms for our organisation i've had to create a new GoodNotes account for our in-classroom iPads, which all sync nicely amongst themselves now that i've created a organisational Apple ID. The notes from these classes now no longer sync with my GoodNotes app on my laptop (as my laptop uses my personal Apple ID. As I sometimes forgot to email the notes from each class to myself at the end of the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?