Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

5496 results found

1. 我用的是iPad版本的,当从其他网站导入good notes时的PDF就真的是PDF,一点没有适配我的iPad屏幕,不像其他软件例如 noteablity,或者Reader,从其他网页导入它们app时字体又大,宽距可以适应,直接就可以上手编辑了。我很喜欢用Good notes,可以让我一次性直接导入而不是用其他app吗?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Some free programs, like CollaNote have a rectangular lasso tool where you drag the top left point to the bottom right that is honestly faster in a lot of cases for very straightforward notes, instead of needing to draw a nearly fully closed circle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think like PowerPoint, it'd be good to be able to collapse the purple toolbar (that sits above the pen tools). It honestly takes up a lot of vertical space and is unnecessary for the entirety of a notetaking session.

We normally don't need to access the notebook name, tabs, recording, share, etc. immediately and therefore it is a waste of space for it to be visible sometimes.

It should be easily collapsed, and some essential tools like back and forward could be moved to the writing tools row that should be the one to only show.

On an 11"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many of us are cross platform users and don't exclusively use Apple, Windows or Android devices. Some people, like me, own a Windows device and an iPad. I've been on the GoodNotes for Windows beta and it seems like you can only log in through Microsoft there. I'd like to be able to sync my notes from my iPad to my Windows device, so the Windows device should be able to support Sign in With Apple and iCloud Sync.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It'd be amazing to have Pop-up Notes. Say you're working on a paper with a dense list of questions that you'd like to answer in the same notebook. It'd be good to be able to create a Popup note (UI wise could just be a circular note icon that expands) in an area that you choose, so when you click on it a popup comes up that lets you write within that new popup.

This would also be cool for marking or writing extra notes that you don't want directly onto a document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It'd be good to have an option for this
    In Notability, in a vertical scrolling document, when you write at the bottom of a page, it seamlessly lets you draw through to the next page. On GoodNotes 5, you are forced to remain constrained to the current page. Maybe have a page lock option or something to remedy this issue since it'd be useful for people who like unlimited scrolling documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, especially in portrait mode, you can barely zoom out of a document like you can on Notability, which is definitely a UX design oversight. At least have an option for this I'd say.

This would especially be useful for math, where you often move back and forth upwards and downwards to reference previous content, but unfortunately with Goodnotes, you are unable to see large amounts of pages at the same time, or be able to scroll up and down many pages quickly due to lacking this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow us to have options to send things forward and backwards. It would be extremely useful.
    For example, when you first write some text, and then you want to put a sticker or element underneath it. To do this, you insert the sticker or element but it goes above your text awkwardly (since layers are automatically done chronologically). To send the bubble back, you really don't have an option to, so you can either rewrite the text or move the bubble away and use the lasso tool to copy and paste ur text so it is moved to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Similar to Collanote, it'd be cool to be able to have a toggle for a smart dark mode where the paper colour would adapt to dark or light mode and the text over it would change accordingly (colours would lighten and white would become black). Many of us like printing notes, so white paper is essential but when in the dark, we prefer to reduce eye strain by using dark mode, and being able to adapt the paper colour would just ease this issue significantly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, the toolbar remains purple, which can be distracting when everything else is white. It'd be good to be able to customise that colour to white or black or something more neutral or subtle, or even colour code the tool bar based on notebooks (like theme colour). its all about choices... and the purple right now shouldnt be the only option

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give the option to customise folders through colours and maybe even icons and emojis that can be put over the folder for our subjects. It would make navigating a lot faster as we can see instantly where we want to go instead of relying on the smaller folder text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you import a PDF, the page size often doesn't match with the rest of the document like Notability does. It'd be great to at least have an option to match the page size so a vertical scrollimg document looks like it fits in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Unlike in procreate, you can't fill-in shapes with colors yourself. Either you can do a shape that's semi-transparent or you can fill it yourself manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I love this new feature added to GoodNotes 5. It can become better by:
    1. Syncing the page with the audio, which is by showing the number of the current page in which the recording is being played.
    2. Adding the ability to Rename the Audio Files.
    3. Adding the ability to export the Audio Files.
    4. Recording pixel by pixel which results in smoother writing when recording is replayed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The addition to recording on GoodNotes is fantastic, I have used it so much recently. However, the audio files are linked to the entire notebook with just the date and length. I want to attach it to just one page, or one section, and the ability to name and export the audio files is necessary.

Having to dig through all the audio files to find the one I'm looking for is very inefficient and defeats the purpose of recording while taking meeting notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Putting outlines on the left side of the screen allows users to jump between sections easily. For better studying purposes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. It would be nice if the function to change the handwriting into a pen, a paintbrush, and a fountain pen was added when the part of the handwriting was selected as a noose.

2. When you choose the part you wrote as a noose, it would be good to change the thickness of the handwriting.

3. I think it would be good to add a rectangular tool for noose as well as a free form.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the flag for flagging pages back to the top left corner. I hate that I now have to click on the page organizer to add a flag or see which pages are flagged. It was especially helpful when the flag was located on the menu bar for when I am reading a document because it signals when to stop reading.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I use a lot of different custom templates for the work that I do. It would save me an immense amount of time if I could set a different default template for each folder. Example: if I open my folder of customer orders and start a quick note, it automatically uses the template I’ve created for taking orders that customers phone in because I’ve set that as the default template for THAT folder. When I open my interviews folder and start a quick note the default template would be the questionnaire that I use when interviewing applicants. Please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add Indonesian language:(

1 vote