Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7131 results found

1. After "objects" was added, when using the lasso tool the "copy" option was moved to the second page of choosable options. As this is my most used option, it would be nice to have it back on page 1 of the option window. It's annoying to have to do one click more to get to second page every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I've noticed that the interface begins to lag when I've been drawing on the same file for a while (I use an iPad pro with an Apple Pencil 2). It lags in at least three ways:

• Drawing new lines
    • Erasing lines
    • Scrolling up and down in the file

I can eliminate the lag completely if I close the file and re-open it. Also, of course, after closing the file and re-opening it I can't undo any of the previous strokes. Thus, it's reasonable to expect that the reason for the lag is because of appending strokes to some data structure…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would love if there was a way to put your text boxes in certain places automatically or know your text is centered on the page. My idea for being able to do this would be maybe a button, or similar to Snapchat and Instagram stories, lines could pop up to let you know your text is in the middle of the page or centered at the top of the page. It can be a little frustrating when trying to line up texts with other text, place titles perfectly in the center, or even trying to line up things you’ve…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. die Position der vom Lasso-Werkzeug angebotenen Möglichkeiten in der Auswahl-Leiste sollten nach persönlichem Vorzügen verändert werden können.
    Hintergrund:
    in der deutschen Leiste muss ich jetzt ein zweites Mal auswählen für Ausschneiden, Kopieren und Löschen, brauche aber die zuerst angebotenen Möglichkeiten nicht oder deutlich seltener als die 3 genannten.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be amazing to have access to more size options, not just the predetermined like A5, letter or GoodNotes size that comes with the app.

With these:
    - If someone like to print the notes, this could be helpful to adjust everything.
    - This would solve a size problem to LATAM (with "Oficio size").
    - If someone wants to print and waste the less amount of paper, we can personalized the size to the half of the measurement.
    - This would let create files and images that can be used for different social media (for example Instagram post or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hallo,

Ich nutze GoodNotes nun seit einiger Zeit und bin sehr davon angetan. Ich habe davor ein Jahr lang Notability getestet und muss sagen, dass das einzige was mich bei GoodNotes hält die Schnelltaste für Formen ist. Um Notability eine Nasenlänge voraus zu sein wären meiner Meinung nach folgende Verbesserungen Nötig:

1. Es sollte möglich sein ausgeschnittene Textstücke,Bilder oder sonstiges von einer Seite auf die Nächste zu verschieben ohne die ausschnitte erst ausschneiden und dann wieder einfügen zu müssen. Wenn man mal schnell eine Seite umsortieren will stört dieser Vorgang den Workflow erheblich.

2.Wenn man ausschnitte von einem Aufgabenblatt ausschneidet und…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Your pdf sizes are too big, when I compare it other pdfs in terms of page numbers. That creates a big problem in iCloud free users and who have limited storage like 32 GB. Also, the program runs sometimes slow in notebooks with many pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be tremendous to have the ability to launch the page organizer (with Thumbnails, Favorites, Outlines) via a keyboard shortcut. Furthermore, once in that window, it would be handy to be able to jump between the Thumbnails, Favorites, and Outlines views.

I use all 3 of those organizational features in different ways within the same notebook, but navigation can get cumbersome. Having these navigational shortcuts would be a game changer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Good Notes is the best programm I have used in overall performance. I often use the "Draw and Hold" mechanic. The only thing that annoys me is that i can'T erase things, which I draw in a circle. It always deletes the whole circle! It would be great to have the circle behave like the square: You can erase things which are written in the square and erase the square by erasing the edge!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Double-tapping the erasure tool brings up some options. Add an objects switch to allow me to turn that off. This way I can hand-draw a quick chart and begin filling it with text. Now if I need to make changes I can simply turn off objects and not have to worry about erasing the cell borders.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You write a subtitle, then you're able to mark it as that and it will appear at the beginning of your book in a normal written (not hand-written) style.
    Also i would love if the few last and the few next subtitles would appear next to the site you're currently using. While you can swipe horizontal to change the site you can scroll vertically to go through your titles and tap at it.
    in the vertical (tablet) mode is a lot of blank space. would be great if it could be used.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Drawing a straight line works really well. It would be great if a beautiful wavy line could also be drawn neatly in a similar way. Teachers use this a lot to underline small errors for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The glitch on MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac iOS, in general, is horrible. Taking notes by typing in the textbox on a PDF lecture on a Macbook or iMac is super lagging and annoying. I prefer typing over writing since it's quicker. However, it seems like I wasted more time adjusting, double-clicking the textbox. To make it worse, sometimes all the text disappeared after typing in the box, which is extremely annoying. This does not happen with my iPad though.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If you set your page scrolling to lets say horizontal and you scroll to the right you can create a new page there. What if you can create a new page on the right side and below. That way you have columns and rows for pages. You could import a PDF document vertically and add to every page on its right horizontally a new page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add a option to delete documents and folders on your device without deleting them entirely. Similar on Files on MacOS where your files are in the cloud and you can choose to delete them just from your device. This would be especially useful on a low storage device.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to be able to select some handwriting, "right-click" to convert the text, and be able to directly make a text box which contains that text from the "convert to text" window.

Currently, I need to convert to text, copy, go make a text box, then paste into that box.

I think it would be a nice little time saver.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you're trying to copy anything on GoodNotes 5 by selecting on the lasso tool and select copy. It "always" take a few moments to load, even though the item size is very small. I don't understand why I need to wait for the program to load every time. It's very annoying!
    Ps. GoodNotes 4 and Notability do not have this problem. When I'm trying to copy, it processes instantaneously.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow zoom in or zoom out using the opt key+swipe up and down on Mac magic mouse as i.e. Adobe Acrobat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of having to scroll through different tabs for notes when several of them are open, they should condense and all stay on the screen for easier access (similar to how google chrome tabs do)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?