Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7128 results found

1. Your app is great, but your latest update removed the big keyboard and forced users to type on a tiny keyboard the same size as our phones. Can you please make it an option to keep the big keyboard? I spend enough time as it is trying to henpeck sentences on my phone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like to be able to make the text box bigger tonal it easier to enter text using scribble.it opens too small to be useful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am one of the large majority of users that only uses the pen tool, highlighter, eraser, & lasso tool. I have no use for the images, photo, laser, or text-box tools and thus, would much prefer to be able to add more colors and pen sizes (which I constantly change and use a lot). It would be amazing if the Goodnotes team would add this ability to an upcoming update!

Keep up the great work! :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I need to be able to push an image or url to GoodNotes.

Instead of (like i just did to get the attachment):

1. screen dump
    2. open GoodNotes
    3. Import screen dump
    4. write on image
    5. share image via PushBullet (because i am writing this MBP v10.13.6)
    6. save image sent via PushBullet
    7. attach it
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great to have the option to autodeselect the highlighter and lasso tool like it is with the eraser. Would make note taking a lot faster!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hope to add the function of global handwritten to text and the function of text box content splitting at will.
    Global handwriting to text: because writing is not as good-looking as standard font, you want to add global handwriting to handwriting. That is, select the pen column to add a function. When this function is turned on, all handwriting will be converted to standard font by default, and the font size is equal to that of handwriting.
    Text box random split function: because some text is obtained by OCR, after entering the text box, the whole text box is a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Suggestion: Make the slide sizes bigger and empty spaces in between smaller.

Why: The overview of documents is supposed to give a clear overview for users,
    yet the small slide sizes and big empty spaces counter this purpose and make it extremely difficult to read and scroll through documents in an efficient manner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Goodnotes currently compresses images when importing them into a document. Having the ability to deactivate the compression of images will help greatly in those who import images as templates very often. Please consider making this option available while also making sure this won't lag the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The backup options are usually services that require you to pay for storage which some people may be unable to do. Google Drive is the only storage place that doesn’t charge to store large amounts of data. I only have one google email and I don’t want my school notes getting mixed in with other files I have on my drive.

I’d like to propose GoodNotes Drive (separate from the GoodNotes app) where we can back up all our notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I love using cornell notes, but since the paper is ruled, if i type something in, I have to constantly adjust spacing or text size so that the text is not obscured by the lines. I’ve been drawing out my own cornell notes on blank paper but it’d be so much easier to have a template already in place to do that.

Other options like grid or dotted paper would be nice to so that it’s easier to draw graphs.

In the pictures, one photo shows cornell notes on dotted paper (it makes it easier to draw straight lines. On…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. it would be interesting to be able to crop portions of a photo with a lasso

(sarebbe interessante poter ritagliare porzioni di una foto con il lazo )

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be neat to have a blend of two colours in one pen. Meaning, if I wanted to have lime green on a white background, I could have the option to outline the lime green with another colour of my choosing. Similar idea to the photo I've added, but the ability to write in a pen instead of typed, and for the colours to somewhat blend into one another instead of it looking like a harsh line.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would be good to use Good Notes in browser so that it can be accessed across different OSes and Devices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm using Goodnotes for my Business Plans and Ideas. I only use it with my MacBook. It doesn't work 90% of the time when I try to move the cursor within the text via my keyboard arrows. I have to restart the App so I can use this feature for like 5 minutes again. Very annoying...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As A user of goodnotes 5, I would like to have the newest Page shown at The front of The Page list so that my most recent notes are The first seen. When I need to add A new Page I would like to do that with a pull to the right. Because I care about my follow goodnotes-5 users, I would like to have Page order be selectable as Newest at Front or Newest at Back. Thank you for your consideration of the feature request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be good if we can add a new page according to the previous page size without copying its content. It will definitely save our time and allow us to use different template in a file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is a ton of clicking that is required when utilizing the application, whether on the MAC or iPAD.
    One example: Copying & pasting, clicking to select the text, etc is extremely slow. Mistakes are often made because I am working faster than the application. I have to wait a couple of seconds for the text box to show up and make sure the cursor is active before pasting something. If I paste immediately after I select to place my text box, then the text will randomly be pasted onto the page in the original format requiring to click into…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sometimes a PowerPoint slide or PDF file might not have enough room to write notes on, or gets too cluttered.

I like to create a new blank page and write notes on that. The issue is the fact that sometimes these additional notes do not take up the whole page so I just have a huge blank area beneath the notes.

I'd like a way to resize each individual page, if needed. That way, I can cut out all the blank, wasted space and keep my notes seamless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?