Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. Just a better view of the file before it is exported, in a sense showing the borders and coloring, etc.
    Would definitely help with making sure the correct documents are being moved properly to where they need to be

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. especially good for slides created via beamer (latex) -
    where things appear in the next slide on top of the current one.
    Horizontal scrolling ruins the effect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add creative ways to manage various folders, single file, pdf. Currently with so many subjects and folders and then subfolder looks a mess. there must be a concise and smart way to manage or tag documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When trying to copy$paste texts from something like a webpage to goodnotes, I don’t want keyboard to show up soon because I can’t change the width or the location of pasted texts because it is sometimes hidden by the keyboard.

I also wonder why I can't change the height of the textbox and also can't delete a whole textbox. Are these things possible on goodnotes 5?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Okay so they did hierarchy but its kind of a pain to navigate. If you have many folders and are in one of the deeper folders you must keep pressing the back button until you get to your desired document. There should be a menu button (for instance near the Bookmarks button) that could be accessed to easily get from one document to another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There should be a better option when I need to send multiple files via email as separate pdfs. I often have to send multiple files from Goodnotes and it would be great if I could select that I want to send them as two separate pdf attachments. But the only option to keep them as separate pdf's is to send multiple emails because if I select multiple files to send as an email it will merge them into one large pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. it ist great that now it is possible to backup our files with for example google drive/one drive.

But it were much better if we could sync the Backup folder with goodnotes.
    Thus we get much easier and faster import from the computer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please allow to add not only PDF but also images from the Files-sheet by tapping +. When draging-and-dropping in splitview from the Files app adding images to documents as new page works fine, so why don‘t you allow it from inside the app?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can GoodNotes please allow me to export my notes with a table of content and handwriting recognition at the same time? It is such a bummer that I cannot have both of these basic features to exist in the same file :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great to have the option to be able to continue scrolling downward endlessly while writing, instead of having to add a new page constantly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This is not really a feature request, but rather a bug report. When switching pages in a document with the arrow keys on a keyboard, the bookmark icon does not change. It always remains on the state of the first, with touch gestures selected, page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As there are different color palettes for the pens and the highlighter, it would be great if the colors displayed when selecting „change color“ over the context menu would adapt to the currently used tool.
    Currently it always displays the color palette from the pens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add hiding function of this section
    We are uncomfortable when writing because the section occupy big space relatively

i wanna’hiding function’
    thank You for listening my idea

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to submit an idea that would greatly improve the organization and special features of the app for IPad users. I was thinking of an option in settings where you can write your “ideal” alphabet (you write each letter in your best handwriting) so that when you are writing your notes it identifies the letter/number and it automatically changes to that ideal handwriting. This can give ones notes and handwriting consistency and an atheistically neat and organized look

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be helpful if when vertically scrolling through documents it does not move side to side. This is very frustrating when trying to review and highlight numerous documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This usually happens when there is at least one page in the document that either has a different orientation (landscape) or is larger than the pages you’re currently looking at. Please try locating this page and remove it if possible to avoid the problem. We’ll see what we can do to handle page scrolling better in cases like this.

16. It would be Fine, when it‘s possible to change the colour from the grey Lines in the squared paper in Blue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hy guys
    It‘s actually not a feature, but a little detail that was bothering me...
    Every time I tag an important page and skip to the next page using my Apple-Keyboard, the tag continues for all the following pages. Only by swiping with my fingers the tag remains on the important page.
    Could you do something about that?

Thanks a lot ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently, in MacOS, you can only select an element if you are on the appropriate tool. Meaning you have to change tools to select an element.

IpadOS is better a long press gives you the option to zoom or edit - the zoom option seems a little redundant when it's easy to press the zoom button and drag the box. I feel it would be better if it just defaulted to "edit". Maybe this could be a preference option if there are people who use the zoom box a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Like in the other Big Notes App ;-) it would be great to edit the automatic generated forms after they are generated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Saving past edits/versions like Google Drive does.

Recently, things I wrote in GoodNotes have randomly disappeared, and they would only sometimes reappear. It's fine if they disappear when I know exactly what I wrote, but if it's something I copied from another part of a document or from another document altogether, and it randomly disappears, then it becomes a problem. A possible solution would be the ability to access past versions (like Google Drive) to retrieve what I copied/cut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?