Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2180 results found

1. Like Microsoft OneNote, introducing a feature to add tags to handwritten text or images within a page benefits students.

This feature would allow students to keep track of specific content instead of adding the entire page to the outline (like GoodNotes on IOS).

I have included a written example for more information.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Although there is a palm rejection, it fails quite frequently which is very annoying (renaisser pen, maybe it's incompatible?)

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be great to be able to add guide lines (e.g. plaid or lined) to an imported pdf file (e. g. lecture script) to be able to write straight.
    When finished writing into the pdf the guide lines can be set unvisible again or if needed again set to visible.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have IDM installed, when opening a notebook, it triggers downloading every page on it's own and it can't load the pages in the app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adjustable sidebar from left to right. For all the left handed writers among us. :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The ability to add reminders to an external calendar, would love to see this in the IOS Goodnotes as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unable to log in with apple makes Goodnotes on windows disconnected with its apple siblings. Please add the option.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If there would be a Laserpointer like in IOS i would be exited

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Please put a toll in to Export the Pages you have written. It would be nice if i can write in this app and send it as pdf to Friends of something like that.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Right now, when I use Good Notes on Windows and I open a notebook, the overview panel of the book is on the left side and doesn't go away under any circumstances. I'm talking about the ability to see the cover, and all the pages you've written at the same time, is open on the side of the app and doesn't close. This takes up some of the screen and you cannot write through it or around it really. I would like the ability to open and close that just like on the iOS version.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Hi, so I've realised that when you go to the bottom of a page, the template starts to look unusual and so do things you write on it. I don'd know if it's only on my device but if not, I think it would be a good idea to do something about that ;)
    Kind of blurring part of the page. And whe. I try to move the text, a part of it just stays and dissappears after a longer time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. When creating a new book, the previews of the cover page and the normal page is too small, especially for the lines that are difficult to see.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Es wäre super, könnte man Dicke der Schrift bzw. Der Schrift variieren, also aus mehr aus 3 Optionen auswählen.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There is a bug, where the pen input isn't put on the page for ca. 5 sec. on a certain part of the page. Also there is a bug where the page seems to scroll to the top of the page randomly. The performance is relatively slow and when moving the page the background becomes blurry and takes 1 sec. to render.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Having the ipad alignment tools (right, centered, left alignment) would be great but please also add a justify tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I used it on iPad and seen a bit complicated to use the keyboard but in Windows case, there is no issue. Normally I used it because I had bad handwriting, but adding it makes more easy and more comprehensive text letters. Also try adding normal-use geometrical shapes like squares, and triangles, and add a cartesian plan.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sometimes we may want to insert a video clip n write comments beside it..for example..a review journal…or during a lecture if a lecture is being given on the board by drawing..mere voice recording feature won’t help us review the concept… it would be really helpful..if we could insert video recordings of the class.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding opacity for all the current AND future pens, highliters, brushes, and pencils.
    Same goes for tabs and images (especially if we need to write or draw on them).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Of course i don't mean to make of it a digital art app !
    But for more common uses, adding a few different brushes, and like pastel, and watercolor would be awesome !
    Obviously with the opacity function.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. So, instead of having just 3 options of width of the erasor :
    - adding a cursor of thikness, so that we can ourselves choose what we need
    - adding a cursor of opacity of the erasor
    - making it more pixel precise (currently, it is too rough)
    - possibility of creating, let's say, 3 different but PERSONALIZED erasers : like one small and at 100%, one medium but at 40% opacity etc...

This will save us a lot of time ! Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?