Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2180 results found

1. I tried the Windows Beta today. Hit the download link and installed from the Windows Store. Was unpleasantly surprised to find that it's just an Edge-based web app. I prefer Chrome over edge but continued anyway. It changed my default browser to Edge without my permission. It took many tries to sign into my existing Microsoft account. I finally got a Goodnotes window but all that was displayed was a pulsating GN icon. I never got a UI at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. The back and forth buttons please either left or right. The distance to the buttons is too far for a right-handed person.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think it's always a good idea to have a tutorial feature with new apps like how adobe's open screen has a list of features that can be done on the app. This might take a bit to lay out and present.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can we change the pen/eraser mouse interface when drawing? Like have a circle instead of showing the mouse for the pen/eraser similar to how OneNote changes the mouse view while drawing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. You can't seem to change the notebook name within the notebook view. Only the multiple notebook views.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rectangular lasso/selection tool

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cross planform synchronization. I would like to log in through an apple account and not windows

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I wish there was a way to see the outline or add tabs that could link to another page, or a way to link a page to through textboxes.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. On the one hand, I would find importing files very important. In addition, I lack the function to insert my own pictures or pdf's as a booklet template. There are too many differences in the thickness of the pins. The smallest step is too thin compared to medium, which is already very thick. Otherwise, maybe text fields or similar for typing with a keyboard. In addition, of course, sharing or exporting would be very helpful. Maybe just have a look on some functions of Goodnotes 5.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be nice to be able to choose from or import different font designs. It would also be good to have more functionality for keyboard to handwriting as this is designed for windows and most laptops will mainly use a keyboard.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would love if the column within notebooks that has the pages listed/previewed could be collapsible. In portrait orientation, this gets in the way of the actual page displayed, and makes it harder to work in the left-hand most part of the page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. -we need a versatile ruler with angle on it
    -there is a very big delay while writing
    -the option to import documents (but i already saw that you are working on that)

i would pay up to 20Euro for the programm with all these features :D
    im using one note since 2020 but it feels not complete....we really need good notes

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. These Suggestive notebooks will help the User to effectively explore all features t Easy to start if you have format ready :) . This is similar to Samsung notes

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The pressure of the pen remains same throughout. It should vary with curve of the letter.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. A integrated Calculator it is just annoying when you have to switch windows continuously

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unlike tablets, PC screens are large and horizontally long, so if you only display one page, there will be a lot of gaps on the screen.

Therefore, I would like to have a mode that allows me to display pages in two-page spreads and view multiple pages at once.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The lines you draw are not that good, it is not smooth lines. It shows some edges and aliasing.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. On MacOS and iOS, GoodNotes is very effective with the quirks that come with both platforms. However, the Windows platform has a plethora of quirks that can make a Windows GoodNotes as good as the one on iOS. Here is a quick list I came up with that would enhance GoodNotes on the Windows platform:

Integration with Windows apps: Integrating with other Windows apps such as OneNote, Microsoft To-Do, or Microsoft Office would make GoodNotes more useful and provide a better user experience.

Cloud integration: Windows users often rely on Microsoft's cloud services like OneDrive or SharePoint. Integrating GoodNotes with…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?