Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2069 results found

1. It would be extremely useful to have the ability to change the pen size, this way if we are creating a title and we want it to be bold and big, we can do that or if we want our writing to look thicker, we will also be able to do that.

To adjust sizes, you could ether have a like dot that you move left or right to increase/decrease size (example below)
    OR
    Have options for varied sizes e.g. 0.5 0.7 ....... (LIKE PEN SIZES IRL)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Many of us use Goodnotes for language-learning. Please allow a mechanism that reads out the sound of the language, and has a dictionary function (preferably offline) so that we can read documents in other languages without that much hassle

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm trying to use shared notebooks with my students. Some of them have an iPad or Mac. Those that don't are unable to do more than read them. IThe children just love doing the homework I give them in GoodNotes! It's far superior to Google Docs! Thank you!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I take notes with Wacom devices, and the pen here doesn't detect any pressure sensitivity and my shortcut buttons don't work.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. -we need a versatile ruler with angle on it
    -there is a very big delay while writing
    -the option to import documents (but i already saw that you are working on that)

i would pay up to 20Euro for the programm with all these features :D
    im using one note since 2020 but it feels not complete....we really need good notes

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Right now, when I use Good Notes on Windows and I open a notebook, the overview panel of the book is on the left side and doesn't go away under any circumstances. I'm talking about the ability to see the cover, and all the pages you've written at the same time, is open on the side of the app and doesn't close. This takes up some of the screen and you cannot write through it or around it really. I would like the ability to open and close that just like on the iOS version.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. I am using a surface go and it has a small screen about the size of a piece of paper. When I take handwritten notes I rotate the tablet and it turns the computer into tablet mode. In tablet mode, the section on the left, which displays the pages, is much too big and hides a good portion of the page. In landscape mode, laptop mode, I can see the full width of the page. I think the issue could be solved by minimizing this feature.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. issue after my pen tablet sleeps when I start using it again, writing with the pen make the screen zoom in and/or out or together(mostly zooming it with some dragging of the mouse pointer) and i have to close the document and open it again to fix the issue but it happens always after the tablet wakes up

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. I don't know if I understood sth. wrong, but in the Using Conditions, was written down that goodnotes (beta) has permission to use every Data, we use in the app. If thats correct, the it's ok for just the Beta thing. But it's not okay for the Endversion of the app... For example if you are working with a Script from Universitywith copyright, then this part of the using condition is a reason to not use goodnotes anymore... Same Problem for a University Professor who has to correct Student's Works...

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have to keep moving my pen or else the pop up will appear for adding a comment. This really sucks for when I'm trying to gather my thoughts on what to write next and I don't want to lift my pen off the screen. I haven't used comments at all yet, but its shortcut has been a crippling nuisance for the last month.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To Have a function to turn off add comments in mobile because everytime im writing and i slightly long press add comment appears and it disturbs my studies.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to have more colors on hand like ios ver

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. please please please update the app to have hyperlinks for the pc I purchased planners and notebooks to be able to use the hyperlinks
    it makes using the app much harder and inconvenient.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. please consider adding the tab bar feature from ios where you can easily press a tab and it just jumps to the page

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Font desteği lütfen. Huawei tablette harfler eksik, kullanılamıyor.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It's lagging so much like each 3 minutes I have to re-open the app
    when I try to write using the pc pen the screen moves since it's so sensitive for finger touch

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?