Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2185 results found

1. sometimes it's hard to write on the corner of the page, so would be cool if we could swipe a part of the page off the laptop screen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Microsoft users can use goodnotes with pc-tablets or with graphic tablets (as i do). when one uses a graphic tablet it would be nice to see a change in the cursor from the usual arrow to a plus.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. After moving something with the lasso tool and tapping on the screen, I still have to press the center button of the Slim Pen 2 to go back to the stylus I had before. Please remove the last step where I have to press the middle button again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Instead of circling the whole area or letter that is needed to be moved or adjusted, it would be better if we could possibly just select the individual letter/area needing to be moved. Also, while selecting the area/letters, it would be nice to change the color or font type/size .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adjustable sidebar from left to right. For all the left handed writers among us. :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. So, instead of having just 3 options of width of the erasor :
    - adding a cursor of thikness, so that we can ourselves choose what we need
    - adding a cursor of opacity of the erasor
    - making it more pixel precise (currently, it is too rough)
    - possibility of creating, let's say, 3 different but PERSONALIZED erasers : like one small and at 100%, one medium but at 40% opacity etc...

This will save us a lot of time ! Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. In the windows Beta, in portrait view, there is a sort of enforced margin, in that you can't display the full page and can only start writing about an inch in. In landscape view this doesn't appear to be a problem but this isn't the most natural way to use a notebook for writing

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. On android create as nayive app not web app, it will increase speed, writin expierence, less lags and also user experience will be optimized, plus less baterry draining problems
    2. Please add even in web versions manual backup, curently if i delete by mistake my account, all files are lost without even backups available created by my own.
    3. Add more slots for favorite pens and markers
    4. Lineal ruler same as in ios
    5. Add please new fonts for text or at least user importable possibility
    6. Add in android or web version also paymen plan updation possibility, if i subscribet on ios i…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please do numbered and bullet points for android users. This was the reason I deleted the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I cant remove the list formatting without the app thinking I'm trying to make a numbered list and reset the number to 1. Please just take after google and make it so that I can set the number by numbered list starts at.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello goodnotes
    We want to add more than one tab and move between them
    We want to export a single page, not the entire file

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi, it would be great if you improve the shape tool. Some ideas:
    1. Have preset list shapes to use by dragging with option to add costume shapes.
    2. Shape design - option to change filling style and have borders.
    3. More shapes to be detected automatically including arrows and round lines the isn’t working so good. Maybe with an option to train it to you handwriting.
    4. Option to create flowcharts easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow images to be a hyperlink within a document and add the ability to automatically jump like touching a button on a website rather than showing an action button

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Being able to mark and keep score of items you have taped whether you remembered it correctly or forgot it. Its like keeping track of items in your notes that you remember accurately and also seeing parts where you forgot. Its like a feature for active recalling that you can directly do on your notes with the tape without having to retype it in a flashcard.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. First suggestion would be to make it a Standalone App. Not based on Chrome. This would make the Application faster and smoother and we might encounter less error messages. Second is making a One Time Purchase Option. Many people tend to do that rather than paying yearly. Or lower the price. It's currently pretty expensive and as of now not really worth it because it lacks some things. Finding Documents when having many is also not easy. Adding a search Feature would be great to find them by their name. And the ability to export several notes at once instead…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In the iOS 18 update there will be a feature in the calculator app where you can handwrite math equations and it will automatically generate an answer in your handwriting after an equals sign. It will also edit its answer as you edit the equation. This could be a cool feature to implement into Goodnotes even if it just gives you an answer when you convert an unanswered equation into maths. Addition: adding a math feature where you can type out math equations in the same way you would type math equations into word would be amazing. I also love…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The goodnotes app doesn't even show the fonts option to change fonts on windows. You're just stuck with one font the entire time. Big fail and deal breaker.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i think we should be able to customise fonts and inport our own ones

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?