Handwriting and text rotation
I love taking notes and drawing in GoodNotes and it would be great if I could rotate the objects I've drawn on the page. We can already change the color and scale the object, so it would be nice to be able to rotate these objects.
Rotation of handwritten objects is possible in GoodNotes 5. Select the objects with the lasso tool and tap on “resize”. You’ll also find the option to rotate the selection.
Dajion Martin commented
1. When using the Zoom functionality.
- While in zoom mode, when using the lasso tool, zoom mode should not end. This breaks imerson when taking note.
- On the zoom mode's tool bar, there should be shape recognition, the lasso tool, and the highlighter as well.
2. When viewing a specific page of a document, the user should be able to zoom out further than the dimensions of the current sheet.
- This would give the user a better view of the entire page as a whole.
3. Integrate programmable functionality with the Apple pencil 2's double tap functionality.
- Undo as a double tap.
- Quick Paste as a double tap.
4. Increase the granularity of eraser function. Often, when using eraser when creating complex shapes. (Such as Truth Tables) when using eraser tool, it takes to much of a vector or to little.
5. When opening the App, instead of pressing Categories to change which category a user is in, All categories should be visible.
- When a user pressed a category , it should expand and display their notebooks.
6. New Functionality
- Implement Bind function, after user used lasso too, convert individual vector images to single vector. (This would allow for frequently used complex shapes to be saved an reused)
- Implement Saved Complex Vector Shapes function, after user binds a series of vectors, have the option to save complex vector for future use.
- Implement Smart Vector Snapping function, when moving vectors the termination point of a vector can be constrained to another vector as differing intervals. (Increase ability to create more complex vector shapes, with addition to Saving Vector shapes would increase productivity)
- Implement Vector Rotation Function, after selecting the resize option, have the ability to rotate the vector. (Increases the ability to draw graphs at different slopes)
- Implement Vector Width adjustment, after selecting a Vector, the user should have an option to change thickness to different thickness.
- Implement Dark mode, togglable mode where colors are inverted to make app use less noticeable in the dark, also saves battery life.
7. Personal Suggestions
- The Edit button should the the ability to add to or remove from category or notebook.
These suggestion come from an Electrical Engineer, who is very satisfied with their purchase of this app and these changes would his productivity.
For the love of god, please implement this feature! I have thousands of pages of diagrams in goodnotes, and to draw slightly rotated copies of things I have to do geometrical tricks that would make Euclid blush.
Please allow us to rotate as part of the scaling option!
Please yes. I have thousands of pages of diagrams in goodnotes, and I have to use convoluted geometrical tricks to make tilted copies of things. Having a rotate function would be SO much easier!
I just got this app and it is so so needed. It’s the best note taking app so far, but I do believe that for diagrams and drawings this ability of rotating hand drawn elements is crital and so needed. :( Pwease. We need this ability.
I would love the idea to include the option to rotate text boxes, images, etc. when use the lasso tool to circle them.
Due to reflection when slightly tilting iPad I am unable to see what I’m writing due to contrast. It will be much better if we were able to rotate pages. As a lefty this will be very beneficial, all lefties I know rotate their physical paper to write. I could rotate my iPad but the screen reflection will make me barely see what I’m actually writing.
Pleaaase make this happen!!!
Anthony F. Navarro commented
This is a must! I often download PDF planners that are designed for full-page spreads like a Franklin planner, but they are left page / right page formatted. If I can show pages 2/3, 4/5, etc side by side that would be great!
Leanna Nyoman commented
If you want to write smaller text (say for a diagram) than normal, it would be nice to simply pinch/pull into the page so that you zoom into the page and your writing in normal writing aspect but then it stays in the same relation to everything else as you zoom back out to normal page view.
Also when you lasso something and want to rotate it or resize it I think it would be better if you simply use pinch/pull or twist gesture right from the lasso point instead of having to lasso, select, pick an option and then resize the box. It’s nit picky but just seems like it will add to the naturalistic element.
I think you can forget the likelihood of this app being developed any further. Looking through the requests that are marked 'Started' they are all at least 2 years old.
The last poster has only 25% of the story you can only rotate imported images. Not handwriting, drawings or typed text.
The developers, owners, of the software really should update the status of the posts marked as 'STARTED' on this feedback site.
After all feedback should work both ways.
Tarn B commented
Please add multi layers folder to category. After placing picture in page, it would be great to rotate and crop after that.
Since we write kind of slanted it would be nice to rotate the page to a certain angle. also the ability to rotate text or change text thickness would be nice.
Either a sister app (I'd pay for a separate one) or a feature within this app.
Something focused more on making art than taking notes. There are already loads of amazing features (for example you can trace a photo and then delete the photo leaving just your drawing, crop and rotate images, the undo button etc) and the zoom in system really helps with drawing, however I want things like a "colour bucket" to fill a shape completely with one colour and I'd also like even more colours
James Italia commented
Yes!! We need this rotating feature.
Benjamin Lovett commented
The app really, really needs a calculator and better shape tool. The line straightener thing is okay I guess but it usually take 3 tries before it’s the right shape and it’s not a useful as a simple shape picking tool.
Just a bar across the top with a resizable square and a circle is all I’m asking for.
And rotating things would be very nice.
Alonso Valverde commented
Rotate and mirror
You can rotate. You just have to press and hold on it (not circle and select) and hit edit. Then you can rotate with the green ball.
Yes I thought the same thing! I would love the option
Rotating handwritten notes would be great :)