Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. Would be nice for students to have the ability to draw organic chemistry molecules on a template

It would save us a lot of time and would look much much better

Please add it 🙏🏻

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Wir nutzen ihre Software um die schulhefte zu ersetzten und leider fehlt die Lineatur für Schulklassen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I like to use the legal page for notes since it mimics notebook paper with the left margin line, but would love to have it in different colors, such as the white pages. I think all the page templates should have the same color options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I sometimes encounter a situation in which I'm located at the homescreen (eg after restarting the app on another day) but i can't since there seems no easy option to do so. I always have to open a new document (and close it afterwards since) to get back to the documents I've already opened. It would be great to have a simple option (eg a button) to switch directly to opened documents from the main screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I revise my notes on my PC (with files exported as pdf), I loose all the index that I placed in the app and it’s very frustrating.
    If the index could be saved even in the pdf exported version of the files it would be much easier to revise documents on pc and would give the index more sense to be used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow certain parts of paper to be overlayed in a specific colour, this makes it easier for notes to stand out in areas they are needed, sort of like a text box

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is either possible by using the highlighter or adding a filled shape with the border removed. Enable color fill in the shape options > draw a shape (i.e. a large rectangle) > tap the undo button to remove the border.

7. I can’t find any tutorials on using GoodNotes as my home electronic filing system. I want to replace a filing cabinet of letters (in and out), invoices, contracts etc.

A typical issue is stapling together a covering letter and a few attachments. I don’t see how to do this. There will probably be more things I get stumped on that someone else has understood a good way to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not sure if there is a single tutorial online that explains your exact use case as your requirements could be quite specific. We definitely recommend searching for something like “paperless organization with GoodNotes”, which should bring you closer to helpful tutorials that other people have produced. From our end, there are a couple of things we would recommend checking out in particular as it could help you to understand more on how to use GoodNotes’ features to accomplish what you would like to do.

Visit our help center on support.goodnotes.com and read through the guides for the following features:
    - Importing files into GoodNotes
    - Copying or moving pages from one document to another in GoodNotes 5
    - Reordering pages in a document
    - Deleting pages and covers in GoodNotes 5
    - Creating a folder in GoodNotes 5

Understanding these should enable you to creating single files that consist…

8. Some times we need to reference different pages of the same document at the same time and will switch among these pages. Could you show multiple pages of the same document and each page is in a different tab so that we can jump to these pages easily and quickly? A simple implementation is to allow a document to be opened in multiple windows. A better implementation is to alllow multiple pages to be sticked on different tabs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Templates for cursive writing or “how to make your handwriting better “ ..

Column Organizational structure like Mac finder

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes already supports the same scanning feature like the Notes app. To scan a document, tap on the + button in the library view and select “Scan”. You can also add scanned pages to an existing document by tapping on the “add page” button in the navigation bar and choosing “scan”.

1. Straight line and geometric shapes drawing should be easy like Notability.

2. Pencil cursor option should be there for presentation mode, so that while writing pencil appears at that point.

3. Shape editing should be there and it should be easy.

4. Page transitions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

11. Hello, it would be great to update GoodNotes on Mac to work natively on Apple Silicon.
    I know that it works great with the translation thanks to Rosetta 2 but I would like to know if you plan to release an Universal version ?

Thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Good day. While most of my eBooks fit 300-1000 pages in around 5-20 MB, writing 10 pages in GoodNotes gives me larger files than that. I just don’t get why that is, after all the aforementioned eBooks are so small with so many pages. Also, exporting edited eBooks as a flattened PDF to reduce file size completely removes all outlines. I would really appreciate fixes to these problems. Otherwise I really enjoy your app, thanks!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The indexed handwriting and text is increasing the file size in GoodNotes. Otherwise, the text would not be searchable in the app or when you export it as PDF. You can disable it in Menu > Settings > Search Indexing.

We’re continuously trying to optimize it to reduce the file size. If there are documents that are way too large in your opinion, please share one of them with us by reporting a problem to our support team: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

13. Any time i want to import a file which holds ä,ü,ö it get's scrambled in the title name. can you somehow repair this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to be able to see the location of the document found in the “search” results. Now, we see the search result document, but cannot know it’s exact folder location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If you accidentally click next to the flashcards, the window closes and says the query is finished. The next times only the flashcards are queried until the termination. It would be nice if this could be changed in the next update because it is a hindrance to learning. The function and GoodNotes itself is really great, thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice, if it was possible to enable the presentation mode, while you are sharing your screen in a Microsoft Teams conference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I wish the shape tool on GoodNotes 5 didn’t require you to press a button to draw a shape. It would be more intuitive if I could roughly draw a shape and hold down the pencil for a second and have the app automatically fix the shape. I also wish that the app would let you draw perfect arcs.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection, and curve drawing.

18. When importing your own template and press enter or are at the end of a page the zoom box jumps the whole zoom box length instead of going to the next line. So being to able to set where different lines are when importing a new template would be very helpful so the workflow can be as good as with the good notes original templates.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Right now only one-by-one selection is possible in the thumbnails. Would be great if pages could be selected in batches, like photos in built-in Photos app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes allows you to select multiple pages from a PDF after tapping the “select” button in the upper right of the thumbnail view. You can also use two fingers two swipe over the thumbnails to select a range of pages.

• Don't see your idea?