Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

592 results found

1. Improve Chinese text recognition. Chinese handwriting to text conversion should not be limited to traditional Chinese but allow for simplified Chinese. Simplified Chinese is more commonly used than traditional Chinese.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes supports traditional and simplified Chinese. You can set the language for the entire document when you create it or in the search field after typing in some characters.

You can also set the language for recognition after you select something and converted it by tapping on the language button in the bottom right corner.

1. Add a notebook to home screen like safari does with web pages (I don’t know if Apple let you do that)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When being used as a whiteboard for lectures, it is difficult for a student to copy down everything before the lecturer moves on. It would be awesome if the lecturer could write on one page while the previous page is still displayed.

This way, the presenter can zoom in on the current page to write comfortably, but multiple pages can be seen. It would be like having two whiteboards in a room so that students or meeting attendees can keep up without the presenter having to partition the current page by lines and awkward zooming

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can be achieved by opening the same GoodNotes document in two windows side by side and presenting from one. While the audience can focus on the previous page, you can freely navigate around in the other window. You can set which window to present from in the sharing menu.

3. It would be great if one could work with goodnotes split view and then be able to return to all my folders from my second goodnotes page. Until now I can only close the second page (x Botton on top left corner).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. please update to make use of the UIFontPickerViewController API, so that it can be enabled for updated devices! thank you

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios-ipados-release-notes/ios-ipados-14-release-notes#Fonts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There should be an option to turn off the automatic generation of straight lines when holding at the end of a line. Sometimes I just hold the pen down when I'm thinking about what to write next, and it's annoying when my word turns into a Picasso.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dear Sir/Madam,

The GoodNotes 5 for Mac app does not automatically update even though I do have the automatic update setting for MacOS apps turned on. Instead I need to manually request an update for my Mac app in order to keep it up-to-date with the iOS and iPadOS apps; those do automatically update.
    Please note that when different versions of Goodnotes are running on the different platforms, namely the Mac and the iPad or iPhone, the documents in GoodNotes cannot properly synchronise. This is how I discovered that I need to manually update my Mac app since it doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this observation with us. We’re using a so called “phased release” for our new updates which rolls out new updates to an increasing number of users with automatic updates enabled over 7 days. Users are randomly selected, so it is likely that you have been selected for the iOS update but not for the Mac update. If it is really a bug, then it is a problem of the App Store that we wouldn’t be able to influence from our side.

7. It is really annoying and often not working. If I want to make a stripe longer it’s not at the same place anymore. Maybe just drawing and holding would be better. And that you can adjust the size. This problem is really annoying so please please fix it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My professors give lectures using PowerPoints, which they share with us before class. When they're presenting the lectures, they usually give us extra information that is not present on the PowerPoint, which we need to write down in order to understand the material better. I can write these notes on a separate page but that's not as effective as writing them directly on the PowerPoint slides. If we could write notes directly on the PowerPoint, then everything would make much more sense. I would be able to see the bigger picture instead of seeing just the smaller fragments. It will…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am using this app for taking notes while watching lectures. Sometimes, professor change the order of teaching lectures like 1.3 →1.1→1.2. Therefore, I need to change the order them, but now I cannot do that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can reorder pages in the thumbnail view by dragging them to a different postion. If you need to reorder written notes on the page, use the lasso tool to cut out the text, then make space by moving other objects on the page, and paste the text back in.

10. A flash card option would be magical, it’s really hard to find a decent app that has this option, basically a Apple Pencil compatible feature of what quizlet has. This would be a really big hit based on the amount of people looking for something with this option (Reddit forms)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey first I wanted to say this app is great and you guys are clearly be putting in tons of work and soul into this so I wanted to thank you.

I noticed there was a new experimental feature with the flashcards so I gave it a whirl and think this could be huge. Amazing.

I also wanted to give you guys a little suggestion, maybe this function could be integrated with the Cornell paper or the 2 columned paper (where the first column is thinner than the second) since I think most people who use these formats will probably…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually make any paper template a flash card.
    1. Open “Notebook Templates” in the GoodNotes Menu
    2. Tap on Edit in the upper right
    3. Tap on template name and the …
    4. Toggle the button next to “Flash Card Template”

Now this paper template will be considered as a flash card. The top half is the question and the bottom half the answer.

12. Previously installed fonts on iPad are no longer in GoodNotes 5 after iOS upgrade.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sometimes, after switching Apps on iPad or iPhone and launching GoodNotes 5 again, the Foldersection is shown. That is is not the big deal and absolutely fine.
    To make working smoother in GoodNotes it may be possible to add another Button in the downbar (with Favorites, Search, Sheared and Documents) with which it is possible to „reopen“ your current tabs, i was working at.

Today i have to search my document or open another document to get back to my working area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use the “recently opened documents” section in the Search tab. We have noted your feedback and will see what we can do to make it faster and/or more intuitive.

14. With the ios14 update, it seems GoodNotes is the only note taking app that still uses a separate tool to create shapes. It would be great to make shapes by pausing after drawing. It would be even more helpful if we could make curves, arrows, and dotted lines like in Notability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection, and curve drawing.

15. We should be able to save our created colors in GoodNotes 5 so that we don't have to keep the same tab open. Having our colors saved will save so much time since we don't have to create every single one again.
    If not, then at least add a color eye drop tool!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My iPad is already IOS 14 and I can't go back. I can't Downgrade
    I hope a quick improvement.
    So when are you going to update it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I currently updated my devices to the current IOS 14 and it currently does not allow my custom fonts as a selection in the drop down menu because GoodNotes uses the old font API. I am hoping this issue will be resolved soon and I can resume using Goodnotes with the custom fonts I created. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We desperately need a button with the Following feature :

I attached two pictures where one of them is "full-screen" and the other one is not. Well, i loose time all the time by trying to make the paper fullscreen and a button for that would be amazin.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We desperately need a button with the Following feature :

I attached two pictures where one of them is "full-screen" and the other one is not. Well, i loose time all the time by trying to make the paper fullscreen and a button for that would be amazin.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?