Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

592 results found

1. I get this (attached) message when opening Good Notes. Is it because my VPN is on? There is no way of contacting you except for this suggestion page, please provide a way to contact you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can contact us directly from our help center on support.goodnotes.com. There is a link to a contact form in every article. Could you please use that to send us the diagnostic data that you can export in GoodNotes > Menu > About? We’ll investigate your case.

2. I would like to restore the default templates as I deleted some by mistake

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Eine Funktion zur Texterkennung von Dokumenten, welche von der GoodNotes App gescannt wurden. Momentan verfügen von GoodNotes gescannte Dokumente nicht über Texterkennung.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to be able to add keywords to the documents, which you can search for in order to find the exact content in each document. Like a table of contents I can search for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I find it very frustrating that there are two separate interfaces for the writing and the notebook organization. If I'm looking through notebooks, but want to go back to the notebook I was writing in, I have to choose a notebook in order to get back to that interface with all the notebooks I have open. I'd love for some way we could access each of these interfaces at the same time so I don't have to open a notebook just to get back to where I was.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There have been many times where I have multiple tabs open and I accidentally close a notebook - then I have to go back to find it in my folders/subfolders.

A feature that allows us to see "recently opened notebooks" would be useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I cant seem to get my “Complete My Bundle” in Canada.

Is there a specific place where I'm suppose to get the bundle ?

I have already purchased Good note 4 and want to upgrade to Good Note 5.

Thank you for your time ,
    John

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, if you double tap Apple Pencil to switch from pen to eraser, it will swap back to pen automatically. Some users might prefer, but this is not desired in some cases. Please add a toggle to disable this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. basicly i have too men favorites but the app doest seem to allow me to delete them, which is really frustating

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes doesn’t have a favorite pen option at the moment. Is it possible that you mean the preset colors? In this case, please tap on one of the color dots in the toolbar, tap “Edit” in the upper right of the pop-up, then tap on any of the color dots you want to remove, and tap on the “remove color” button.

10. Find a way for the app to detect user handwriting and add a Command-Find feature that allows you to lookup notes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dear GoodNotes I would like to use my own jpgs as cover page for new notebooks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Good notes 5 is the superior handwriting app on the app store but the only problem personally is that the dimensions are to big, a 17 page document can occupied approx 250 MB while a PDF of around 300 pages displays only a size of 100 MB approx. These feature is critical for most student that only have the 32 GB iPad version and don't have enough money to upgrade to an iPad pro or air with more storage.
    Please consider this request.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have submitted the update 5.4.40 for review to the App Store which should address this issue. For existing documents that appear to be too large, please export them as GoodNotes documents and reimport them. After reimporting them, they should be much smaller. If not, please contact our support team via support@goodnotes.com

13. Please make an easier way to select individual objects without having to use the lasso tool. If I place a photo too close to my text box and then need to move the image, I can't just click it and move it without trying to lasso it first which always results in accidentally grabbing the text too. Having a move or mouse tool would be amazing when it comes to adjusting notes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have been a Goodnotes user for many years. I have a problem with Goodnotes for Mac. I cannot find where there is any support for your product: no telephone, no email, no chat, no nothing. There should be support. If it exists, it should be easier to find. My problem, for what it is worth, is that Goodnotes for Mac constantly prompts me to upgrade to the lastest version of the software while telling me that there is a syncing problem. I have the lastest versions. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software repeatedly. Nothing works to resolve this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be helpful to divide a notebook into sections with tabs. For example, if I’m setting up a cookbook, I’d like to have one Notebook called “Recipes”, with tabs for Beef, Poultry, Vegetables, Breads, Cakes, Pies, Cookies, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 我希望可以重视笔记书写的体验,近几个月的更新让钢笔和圆珠笔的区别变得很小,笔画粗细的变化非常不明显,没有笔锋,这让字显得很难看,除此之外,经常会出现笔画比预期短很多的情况,一直没有解决,让人烦恼。App Store评论区有很多反映这个的评论,但是没有回音。
    我希望能够重视中国区用户的产品体验,谢谢。

I hope you can pay more attention to the experience of taking notes. The updates in recent months make the difference between pen and ballpoint pen very small, and the change of stroke thickness is not obvious, and there is no pen edge, which makes the characters look ugly. In addition, the strokes are often much shorter than expected, which has not been solved, it's very annoying. The Comment section of the App Store has many similar comments reflecting this, but no response.
    I hope to attach importance to the product experience of users in China. Thank…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since I use Goodnotes for a lot of math/engineering work, not all of my lines take up an entire zoom window and I always have to manually press the 'x' or move the box.
    Please allow the option to disable the auto-advancing option or have it so that it won't activate until we reach over 3/4 of the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have been using GoodNotes 5 almost every day since its release, and I've noted a couple of shortcomings with the current app.

1. The shape tool is very faulty. Sometimes, lines will not be corrected, and it's difficult to draw basic shapes without the lines snapping to form odd, undesirable shapes. The GoodNotes 4 shape tool is superior.

2. Highlighters on dark templates. I love the dark template, as it makes reading my notes easier on the eyes, and my writing tends to look nicer on it. However, I tend to rely on highlighting when I'm revising, which isn't possible with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

19. What is the reason of this situation?
    I don’t know what it is, how to remove it and how to prevent it
    Ao please tell me how to do

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for two finger, gesture scrolling using a trackpad on iPadOS