Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7122 results found

1. Add more functional adjusting tool, not only from bottom corner but from 4 sides.
    Also recommend to improve Shape tool, maybe have straights line by holding stroke for a second, like Notabilty.
    Last but not list, when selecting a rectangle, one of the needed options is filling color, not only when drawing a new one.

Hopefully this will be read and enhanced

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently, when selecting text in a PDF, you have the option to "strikeout" or "highlight" the selected text. As far as I can tell, when selecting one of these options, the only available color for highlighting is yellow and the only available color for strikeout is red. Please add a feature to allow users to choose the highlight color and the strikeout color for selected text.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sometimes I have a document that's hundreds of pages long and I just want to know if a specific word is used in one chapter without having to see every single time it appears in the whole thing. I would love it if GoodNotes enabled the option to search if a specific phrase is in a specific range of pages (for example, pgs. 62-80 instead of pgs. 1-100)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I often take notes that are messy, in the wrong folder/document etc, so as you can move writing, it would be useful to be able to cut and paste a whole page into another folder/document

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If I put the pen on the iPad to charge it, the toolbar for better reading should disappear

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Instead of moving your hand up to the top or bottom of the screen to scroll to a new tool or change the color have a wheel that can be placed any where on the screen with just a tap and slide you can change the tool or change the color from presets

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After creating a Text Box and adding text it is quite difficult to change the layout again. For example, the text color cannot be changed anymore unless using the lasso tool.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. please add a keyboard shortcut for the Mac version to jump to full window size equivalent to double finger tap on iPad, please also add an automatic function to always have the view size follow the window size

thank you and carry on with the great work

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great if the highlighter and pen presets could be saved to iCloud. Recently, I accidentally deleted Goodnotes 5 on my iPad and I had to deal with setting my highlighter and pen presets all over again. Some of the colours are different from the set of presets I had earlier on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add function to use other different services instead only iCloud -
    Onedrive - Google Drive - Drop box
    I think it could be a super plus for this already special app!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I tend to prefer to take notes using the dark background with white ink but this makes it so that if for some reason i need to print my notes, I need to go through by hand and change all the white text to black or some other color before i can export it as a pdf. Does there is any thing which might help in this process ? If not Can you introduce any feature like colour swap feature which is in OneNote or invert colour? In future updates...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please support import of LibreOffice odt and ods files as an alternative to MS word and Excel files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After5.4.21,the pen tip was disappear.???why???

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please provide a paper size that exactly matches the viewing area assuming that the toolbar is not hidden.

As it is, we always have to waste some screen real estate on margins (why?) and deal with zooming (why?). My notes will never be printed, so I don't need them to be on "A4 paper", I need them to be sized to my screen, which is where they live.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I found a nice pen in the procreate which is much more comfortable during writing words in Chinese and English.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Scenario:
    A user is working within a notebook in the "workspace" (the UI where all of the currently open notebooks' tabs are displayed and a user performs there GoodNote'ing). The user is curious if they have a notebook somewhere titled "Foo" and wants to see where "Foo" lives, but they do not want to open "Foo."

Current behavior:
    When user navigates to the library, they cannot return to their open notebooks until they select a notebook. In this scenario, the user would be forced to open "Foo" only to immediately close it.

Ideal behavior:
    User has an intuitive way to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to have the option to design a template that has the same dimensions as the default ones. So that if you import a paper or cover design you can...

• put it against the original dimensions
    • mark it up
    • rotate the orientation
    • add basic paper types (grids, lines, dots)... Better if you could choose the colour and spacing!
    • change background colour

This would be absolutely amazing, making it easy and quick to create simple to complex templates specific to their needs and preferences.

There are images and paper templates I’ve imported but it’s frustrating to have it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I use templates (normally graph paper or ruled pages) when I am writing & drawing — but don't want them when I am reading. I would dearly love to have a button so that with a single gesture I can toggle my page background between the currently-chosen template and "blank".

I can imagine two ways to do this. Either have the button control a journal-wide setting (so I can go into "reading mode" and get rid of all templates temporarily), or have the setting be preserved (so that after I complete a page I can hide the template with a single…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Gostaria que adicionassem o modo de tela infinita para realização de mapas mentais feitos com Apple Pencil, isso ajudará muito nos estudos, pois nenhum aplicativo faz essa funcionalidade e quando fazer a exportação ou impressão se torna ruim, pelo fato de diminuírem a letra das anotações, a qual não consegue ler nada das anotações e com isso o estudo fica prejudicado. O good notes por ser um excelente aplicativo ao adicionar essa função ele tornará perfeito. Se puder incluir essa opção mais rápido possível, eu agradeceria muito, pelo fato de estar precisando dessa funcionalidade para os estudos.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 features I would to see in future updates are:
    1. Simply select handwritten text by simple doing a drawing a circle around it with the pencil instead of having to go all the way to the circle icon.
    2. Erase text by simple scratching it back and forth
    3. In order to have our palm staying all the time on the screen the page should be movable all the way up. This would help when you arrive at the bottom of a page (without use of the magnifier) to keep your palm on the iPad and not having on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?