Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

If you're a business user, instead see the Goodnotes for Business/Enterprise forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7647 results found

1. Dear GoodNotes Team, I am writing to express my appreciation for the exceptional work you’ve done with the GoodNotes app, which has significantly enhanced my note-taking experience.
    I would like to suggest an update that I believe many users, including myself, would find incredibly beneficial. It would be wonderful if the pen library could be expanded to include a wider variety of writing and drawing tools. This enhancement would not only improve the versatility of the app but also cater to the diverse preferences and styles of your user base.
    Thank you for considering this suggestion. I am looking forward…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With the new squeeze function on Apple Pencil Pro, and how it brings up the new menu (Palette), it would be super cool to have this menu show up if you hold an older Apple Pencil down for a couple seconds. (Element note has this feature as well) but it would be super awesome to have for faster tool switching for people that aren’t on the newest iPads.

TLDR bring the new squeeze menu to the rest of the pencils by holding down on the screen without moving your pen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When sharing notes, please add a function to disable writing except by the owner who created the note. I would like a function to allow only viewing by non-owners.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A button to configure a specific card to be reviewed with both the question first, or the answer, helping us to study cards in both directions, as already used in some flash card apps.

Would also be ideal to be able to use the tape on the flash card questions, if tape is implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integration of features from Geogebra like plotting graphs (2D and 3D) or CAS functionality

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using the "Circle to Select" gesture, it often happens that my timing is slightly off and I try to pull the selection too early, yielding an unwanted stroke on the page. Therefore, the pencil should vibrate slightly once the selection is complete.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add czech language please. Since the first request, it has been 7 years.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I need to adjust the size, the sticker is brought to the front over the text. Also, I’m surprised I need to day this but GoodNotes still doesn’t have an infinite canvas. Another thing that FreeForm has is how it’ll post a preview of the website when you add a Hyperlink. And this app is FREE. It even has more pen types to play with.

The only reason I still use GoodNotes is because of its Export. Just do what FreeForm can do. Also, a useful tip: If you need Infinite Canvis, just double the page size from A3…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We need a kind of way to sync it cross-platform without needing to use iCloud... I'd love to have my files on my PC and access on my Ipad or phone without having to ALWAYS export it. I don't use iCloud... and I can't even share it using a local sharing or a sharing using any other cloud service as the base for it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Situation:
    As a frequent user of GoodNotes, my primary activity involves editing PDF files. I import numerous documents into the app to annotate and review them using my Apple Pencil. These edits include highlighting key information and jotting down spontaneous thoughts. Once edited, I export these PDFs to store them in my personal file system, including iCloud, for access through various other tools like Obsidian or Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Improvement:
    I propose an enhancement where GoodNotes can directly link to specific folders on iCloud or local storage on a MacBook. Instead of importing PDFs into GoodNotes' internal storage, this feature…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Separates colour palettes within the colour picking tool so that we can easily identity sets of colour instead of just one massive list of them!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The usage of battery and cpu is high, it is essential to change this, because this high usage of battery and cpu makes devices like the IPad unable to work with Goodnotes, please improve this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For example, I always have my To-Do-List open and i hate it, when i accidentially close it. A pinning option would be great!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Lock function is required

When I memorize and exercise, I want to rewrite the content on the page after finishing work.
    In this case, lock function is required so that previously made part can not be erased.

Entire page deleting function is required after rewriting.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to suggest integrating GitHub accounts with GoodNotes to enable synchronization between a specific repository and a designated GoodNotes directory (or a virtual directory mimicking the repository). This feature would use the GitHub API to periodically push and pull data, allowing for backup creation and facilitating tracking edits and collaboration. Considering its intended use in university settings, if the API costs become a concern, offering this functionality as part of the GitHub Student Developer Pack could be an option. I appreciate your consideration of this suggestion. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Goodnotes6 now allows users to link documents, although this process can be time-consuming when there are numerous pages. It would be more efficient if links could be automatically connected when screenshots are taken. Please consider this suggestion.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It’s inconvenient to exit document to open user guide, search and go back to open document to practice. When it doesn’t work, I have to repeat steps, closing and searching.

Currently Split View only opens other apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When on a certain document and you hit the back arrow, it should open up to that folder and not the recent folder you were in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I purchased a few sticker packs and noticed that when downloaded to Elements the stickers are randomly sorted which makes it impossible to find stickers by category. The app currently does not include functionality to sort these easily. However it would make more sense that these were downloaded in the order of category of the sticker pack.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to syncronize my notes with Samsung Notes in a Galaxy Tab 6. Notes on my Samsung Notes comes to Goodnotes 6 and vice versa.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?