Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2184 results found

1. When PDFs are uploaded, is it possible to show the outline of the documents? For example if a book is uploaded could we see links to the chapters? Thank you!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Would make the app 100 times more useful if there was a text box option.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add favourite Pen in a tool bar

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Introduce bullets, paragraph, font management, cut and paste, and performance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It should be able to open a PDF even if its protected by a password. It dosent mean that the passordprotection musst be craced but maby one could enter the password after importing the PDF

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I think that is essential for students and professors to have the Voice recording feature (that is recently already available on Goodnotes for iPad) on Goodnotes for Windows. This feature that allows you to replay the ink/drawings you made while taking note and the related audio recording is great and it can be the main point of why windows users should choose Goodnotes instead of other millions of note taking apps already available on the microsoft App Store.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 확대를 할 때나 글을 쓸 때 렉이 좀 많이 걸려요

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Allow ability to set default color of text box (ie. if you are typing on an uploaded pdf you don't want the text to always switch back to black, being able to set it as a blue/white/more readable colour would stop you having to change it all the time)
    2. Ability to edit pdf page/slide order. ie. Being able to move page 7 to the position above page 5
    3. Ability for highlighter to lock on to text from uploaded pdfs for ease of highlighting.
    4. Ability to insert filled boxes and shapes to facilitate readability of text
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Que la aplicación sea amigable con las funciones de otros lapices tactiles como el spen de galaxy

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lasso selecting items from one page in order to move it to another page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Im not sure what to call this but the formating is weird on my tab s8 +. (Screenshot attached.) I can see part of the previous page. I know it may be just an aspect ratio difference between a Samsung device and an iPad, but I don't remember this being an issue on the ios version. It would make the experience nicer if you could see just the single page. I tried changing from the "goodnotes standard" template to letter size but I could still see the previous page.
    The attached screenshot is with my tablet in portrait mode, my…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. There should be a feature where the user can open the camera directly from the app, and take a picture of a document or a whiteboard if they are in class.
    Then there should be a proccess similar to CamScanner, where the app attempts to automatically detect the borders of the page or the whiteboard, and clarifies text.

This should also be functional when importing photos, for tablets which don't have camera, or users who prefer to use their phones for pictures.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. for examle you can fix the text marker in yellow color to the bar and the pencil in black color. To be able to swith more quickly between the pens.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Switching between dark background/light pen to light background/dark pen when changing between Night and Day mode. OneNote has a similar function and it saves my eyes when taking notes

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to be able to paste pictures I've taken with the "smart select" option which I have in Samsung Tablet. I believe that You can integrate this option to your App.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The option to view all of my pages (the 4 boxes icon) is only available when good notes is minimized to 1/3 of my screen. The option to export select pages from my notebook into a PDF is sadly not an option. I have an ASUS laptop with windows software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. Al poner la samsung 9 en vertical que se pueda escribir y que aparezca el menú para poder tener las diferentes opciones de escritura. Antes estaba, pero no se porque ha desaparecido y sólo puedo usar goodnotes en horizontal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add the all erase function.
    I usually use this app when solving problems. The all erase function is needed when solving math.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. I use a drawing tablet and I've realized that sometimes when I am scrolling the app does not allow me to write after the scrolling of the page has stabilized. (Especially when I am moving across different pages) Instead of writing, the page is moved, even though I am in pen mode. I usually have to click on another mode for example the selection tool and click back to the pen for the issue to be resolved. Additionally, we should not be allowed to highlight things in the header and footer. When I am writing sometimes I apparently highlight things…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The best part about goodnotes IOS is being able to have the typing function. When looking at importing goodnotes to Windows being able to type is a vital component.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?