Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

53 results found

1. able to import .Png pic. and resize bigger/smaller

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be very usefull to be able to change the color of what we wrote.
    Use the tool to select, the one which allow to move the text. And select a different color.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback so we can make Goodnotes better.

We're excited to share that this feature is now live and available on the app version 143043!

Lasso any of the previous pen stroke & highlights to change its color.

If you like the feature, please consider leaving a good review and sharing the new feature with your friends.

Thank you,

The Goodnotes Team

3. Would it be possible to be able to make text boxes like on the original application (on apple)
    which would make it easier to take notes at school

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The function to draw regular shape is updated,but draw regular circles and ovals are not available now

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're excited to introduce support for circle and oval shape recognition with draw and hold. Now you can draw a circle or oval shape freehand and GoodNotes will automatically convert it into a perfectly shaped object.

To use this feature, simply enable draw and hold in your advanced pen settings. Then, draw your circle or oval shape and hold your pen in place for a moment. Voila! Your shape will be recognized and turned into a perfect circle or oval.

We're gradually rolling out the update. Refresh your GoodNotes for Windows app or restart your Goodnotes for Android app to update.

5. The lasso tool allows you to move whatever you've circled. But I think that there could be a bit more use for the lasso, in my Journal Application that I use I'm able to Lasso tool and change them. Aside from moving the circled parts, I can also rotate and adjust the size of the words. If I zoom in or out the words would change sizes too. I think that this will help people write words and adjust them how ever they want to better fit the paper versus constantly rewriting words and hoping it will fit right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! Our lasso tool already supports the ability to rotate or resize the selection. After lassoing a selection you can tap again on the lasso selection to see the options to resize, rotate or delete.

6. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! You can already do this in our Windows app. Click on the three dot menu (•••) under each page to see an option to clear the page content.

7. I learned to write with a slight angle as it makes handwriting look better. I would like to be able to tilt my page instead of my device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks you for your feedback! GoodNotes for Windows already supports rotating of individual pages. You can rotate a page by heading into sidebar > pages > more (•••) menu.

8. being able to shrink, enlarge, or stretch the elements in lasso select would be so helpful.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! Our lasso tool already supports the ability to rotate or resize the selection. After lassoing a selection you can tap again on the lasso selection to see the options to resize, rotate or delete.

9. It would be great if you could change the pen type and the color you wrote in afterwards. This makes it easier to adjust so that a document is clearer, or so that you can read it better when you print it out.

327 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback so we can make Goodnotes better.

We're excited to share that this feature is now live and available on the app version 143043!

Lasso any of the previous pen stroke & highlights to change it's color.

If you like the feature, please consider leaving a good review and sharing the new feature with your friends.

Thank you,

The Goodnotes Team

10. Au lieu d'effacer une zone, il serait intéressant que l'application propose une fonction permettant d'effacer un trait complet dès lors qu'il y a contact avec la gomme.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback. You can switch your eraser to stroke eraser by double tapping on eraser tool on toolbar which allows you to erase an entire stroke easily as you mentioned.

11. Goodnotes application on Android can be released in 2023 so that we can sync our Goodnotes on Android and Goodnotes on Windows later

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. A shape tool should be added just like the one in the iPad. (When you hold at the end of the stroke it crates the shape)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

🎉 NEW FEATURE ALERT! 🎉

GoodNotes for Windows and Android just got even better! We're thrilled to introduce a brand new dedicated shape tool in the toolbar that will make drawing shapes a breeze. As you draw GoodNotes will convert your drawn line into a shape automatically!

We're gradually rolling out the update.  Refresh your GoodNotes for Windows app or restart your Goodnotes for Android app to today.

13. We need the ability to make shape templates, science professionals and educators like myself are constantly drawing geometric shapes like benzene rings, carbon chains, orbitals, reaction arrows, mechanism arrows, and some really complex molecules and structures. If we could draw it once, and save the shape to use again later so that we don't have to redraw from them scratch everytime.

1,263 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing the feedback.

We are excited to announce that the Custom Element feature is live.

Users can use the lasso tool to "add elements" and create element collections.

Best regards,

Goodnotes team

14. It would be good if the app allowed working on notebooks even without an internet connection.

2,382 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback and patience.

We are excited to share that we have made significant improvements to our offline support.

While offline, users can create notebooks, create quick notes, open recently modified documents in the library, add pages, rotate pages, remove pages, change templates, and continue editing their documents.

Please read our Offline FAQ to learn more: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/8643088459791-Offline-Editing-FAQ

If you’d like us to add more offline features, please leave your valuable suggestions on our UserVoice forum.

If you enjoy the offline experience, please consider leaving a good review on PlayStore, GalaxyStore, and the Microsoft Store.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Thank you,

The Goodnotes Team

15. Instead of having a premade notebook cover, it would be nice if we could upload an image of our own. For example, if I am taking Bio 2401, I would like to upload the image of the Bio 2401 textbook cover.

317 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Methods for adding your desired images as notebook covers:

1. New Notebook Creation:Tap on +New -> Image or Take photo to begin a book with your preferred photo.
      Continue by adding new pages to your notebook, choosing from a variety of template options.
    2. Existing Book:Open the sidebar and navigate to the first page.
      Tap on ... -> Add page before -> Import from camera to add images as notebook covers.
  16. I am not yet part of the GoodNotes on Windows beta. This is just in regards to the beta websharing option.

I created a new notebook to see if it would work for my upcoming Inorganic Chemistry lab. One thing I noticed right away is that the text blocks were not showing up in my browser, but the handwritten (not converted) blocks were.

I tried refreshing the browser, and that did not help.
    Interestingly, the text blocks do show up in the thumbnails.

(Also note: I tried turning off AdGuard and that did not help.)

I tried switching to Chrome…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We've fixed this issue now. You should be able to view text on your notebook on Firefox browser. Please let us know if otherwise.

If you run into any other issues, we recommend using a Chromium based browser to view your notes. 

17. Being able to download your goodnote files would be a great addition, since you can only access your files while you are connected to the internet right now.

Thank you for reading.

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to write with keyboard would be very interesting because handwriting is sometimes difficult

2,560 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  133 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Currently, when adding a new page it duplicates the style from the page before. I would love to see something similar to the IOS Version, where you can either add a new page instantly or add a different type.
    Happy Holidays btw :)

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. The feature has been implemented and is live.

Users can access the sidebar and tap on the three dots "..." to add a page before or after the current page. They can choose a different template for the new page. Additionally, users have the option to change the template of an existing document.

20. Would be nice if you were able to download and insert other templates and premade notebooks, as it is for the mac-version.

774 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your suggestion & feedback.

Custom Template feature is live and available to all Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web users.

Kindly go to Setting -> Manage Notebook templates -> Edit at the top right corner to add your custom covers and notebook templates.

• Don't see your idea?