How can we improve GoodNotes?

Allow user to rotate hand drawn elements on the page.

I love taking notes and drawing in GoodNotes and it would be great if I could rotate the objects I've drawn on the page. We can already change the color and scale the object, so it would be nice to be able to rotate these objects.

2,699 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Policarpo Wood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

101 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of god, please implement this feature! I have thousands of pages of diagrams in goodnotes, and to draw slightly rotated copies of things I have to do geometrical tricks that would make Euclid blush.
        Please allow us to rotate as part of the scaling option!

• Estefonzii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got this app and it is so so needed. It’s the best note taking app so far, but I do believe that for diagrams and drawings this ability of rotating hand drawn elements is crital and so needed. :( Pwease. We need this ability.

I think you can forget the likelihood of this app being developed any further. Looking through the requests that are marked 'Started' they are all at least 2 years old.

The last poster has only 25% of the story you can only rotate imported images. Not handwriting, drawings or typed text.
        The developers, owners, of the software really should update the status of the posts marked as 'STARTED' on this feedback site.

After all feedback should work both ways.

You can rotate. You just have to press and hold on it (not circle and select) and hit edit. Then you can rotate with the green ball.

• Lenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has the development on this feature been stopped?
        No update since 2 years and we still cannot rotate anything :/

• Mike Fedeski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add my tuppence to this thread. Rotation of sketch and handwriting selections is the most glaring omission in this otherwise fine app. It's for fine adjustment, of course, rather than 90° kicks.

• Nana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Besides notetaking, I also use GoodNotes to sketch storyboards. Rotating is a function I really miss when I’m doing this.

• Dave Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GoodNotes is a brilliant app, if you (developers) want to keep the edge, PLEASE reply here and share the dev responses.

• William Estey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not possible? This app is great, but the team needs to focus on the basics of note taking before worrying about anything else.

Adding to the thread. Please add rotate. Looking at inkflow app as an alternative.

• Patrick Yenni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in 2018 ... Happy new years ... A great time to add this rotate function NOW! So needed, waiting for many months (others from many years?)
        Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base