Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

592 results found

1. Right now only one-by-one selection is possible in the thumbnails. Would be great if pages could be selected in batches, like photos in built-in Photos app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes allows you to select multiple pages from a PDF after tapping the “select” button in the upper right of the thumbnail view. You can also use two fingers two swipe over the thumbnails to select a range of pages.

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re writing with a hand position that comes from the top so it accidentally touches the navigation bar, we recommend moving bar position to the bottom. You can do that in GoodNotes > Menu > Settings > Document editing.

3. Since the last update the screen keyboard doesn‘t work correctly. I just see a part of it. In other apps the keyboard works correctly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is most likely a bug with the system that is triggered by GoodNotes somehow. Please try quitting the app in the background and try restarting your device. If it still happens, please let us know the exact steps to reproduce the problem and send them to support@goodnotes.com.

1. Improve Chinese text recognition. Chinese handwriting to text conversion should not be limited to traditional Chinese but allow for simplified Chinese. Simplified Chinese is more commonly used than traditional Chinese.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes supports traditional and simplified Chinese. You can set the language for the entire document when you create it or in the search field after typing in some characters.

You can also set the language for recognition after you select something and converted it by tapping on the language button in the bottom right corner.

4. Ask the flashcards after the level: hard, good, easy. So that cards that you don’t know so well are asked at shorter time intervals than cards which you already know well. This also implies a random order of the flashcards, which would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Flashcards in GoodNotes are using an algorithm that shows you cards more frequently, the harder you find them to answer.
    We are planning to add randomization in one of the next updates.

5. Please let us know if we can insert a new page in customed size. For example : 30 (H) x 150 (W) mm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have apple products but I have a windows desktop. I would love to be able to view my notes on my desktop when I'm far away from my tablet. Would it be viable to have a way to view notes from a non-mac device? Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a notebook to home screen like safari does with web pages (I don’t know if Apple let you do that)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Being able to remove color presets without having to also remove all other added presets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A button to automatically resize documents according to screen size of your device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm a Japanese YouTuber who introduces how to use the iPad.
    There are about 70,000 subscribers.

Here is my YouTube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9D8vopYTSvGIdzyH6e_3oA?view_as=subscriber

I took a survey on YouTube about the features I want to add to GoodNotes 5.
    The number of votes in the questionnaire was 5363.
    The most popular vote was the ability to display pages in a two-page spread.
    Would you please consider this spread display function?

Breakdown of the questionnaire (5363 votes)
    ① Open the page with a spread (40%)
    ② Voice recording (8%)
    ③ Both (52%)

GoodNotes 5 is the best app.
    Thank you for making…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a lot for sharing the feedback with us here. We have implemented the ability to view two documents or pages side by side a while ago. You can read more about it here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001118635-Opening-GoodNotes-in-multiple-windows-on-iPadOS

It allows for a great deal of flexibility and there are many different ways how you can accomplish this. It would be awesome if you could educate your followers about that too, so that more people know about it. We have noted the request about audio recording.

Would you mind sending us an email to press@goodnotes.com? We’d love to connect you with our marketing team so that we could talk about some possible promotions or giveaways.

11. I would like to record a teaching video and annotate the good notes document on the iPad without using the presentation function. That means: when I am screen recording using goodnotes, the tool bar is visible to me but it could not be seen in the recorded video.

According to this article (https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/208876886--GoodNotes-4-How-to-record-a-video-lecture-), it should be on the roadmap, but how come it still not launch?

It would be a great improvement in the functionality and practicality of GoodNotes! Please do consider this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I personally and many people like to revise their notes by writing over it again or marking over it, then and now so that I am not sitting and just revising notes. This markmaking over notes while revising helps me engage with notes.
    So, if I can clear page contents of that day only all my unnecessary marking would be gone in one shot instead of erasing the marks manually

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please reintroduce the GoodNotes 4 ability to upload the pdf version of the file in google drive and dropbox in the new 5 version. It is very useful for sharing notes with other people and to open it on the pc. In particular now without an app for the mac for GoodNotes 5.

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There have been many times where I have multiple tabs open and I accidentally close a notebook - then I have to go back to find it in my folders/subfolders.

A feature that allows us to see "recently opened notebooks" would be useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There should be an option to turn off the automatic generation of straight lines when holding at the end of a line. Sometimes I just hold the pen down when I'm thinking about what to write next, and it's annoying when my word turns into a Picasso.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dear Sir/Madam,

The GoodNotes 5 for Mac app does not automatically update even though I do have the automatic update setting for MacOS apps turned on. Instead I need to manually request an update for my Mac app in order to keep it up-to-date with the iOS and iPadOS apps; those do automatically update.
    Please note that when different versions of Goodnotes are running on the different platforms, namely the Mac and the iPad or iPhone, the documents in GoodNotes cannot properly synchronise. This is how I discovered that I need to manually update my Mac app since it doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this observation with us. We’re using a so called “phased release” for our new updates which rolls out new updates to an increasing number of users with automatic updates enabled over 7 days. Users are randomly selected, so it is likely that you have been selected for the iOS update but not for the Mac update. If it is really a bug, then it is a problem of the App Store that we wouldn’t be able to influence from our side.

17. Like in any application you can send images or objects backward, forward, etc. Would be great to have this especially when you want the handwritings to overlap with images or vice versa, or when you need to edit it.
    When I was still using a Samsung Note 8, I was able to do this so, im pretty sure the mighty iPad Pro can do it as well :)
    its pretty basic since many of the applications already in iOS do this. Would love for this basic feature to be available. if it already is, please... someone help me!

1,350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  101 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add the ability to share a document with both parties able to add handwritten notes at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Wichtig wäre für mich die Möglichkeit, dass sich das iPad nicht ausschaltet. GoodNotes sollte eine Einstellungsmöglichkeiten besitzen, die das automatische Ausschalten des iPads verhindert.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?