Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

If you're a business user, instead see the Goodnotes for Business/Enterprise forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7647 results found

1. I take notes for grad school using your app. You have categories. But within those categories I want to be able to organize into sub categories based on the modules that are being covered

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the ability to display 2 pages at once as if it were an open book.

It would be a massive advantage to read and annotate a 100+ page pdf, as information often continues from one page to the other and single page view is very limiting,

This is the only reason preventing me from using this otherwise great app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We need to have more languages to choose from, such as Norwegian

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Getting the option to change the shape of the eraser, e.g. a square, rectangle or custom shape where we are able to draw the shape ourselves.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hover seems to break handwriting in Goodnotes with Apple Pencil. My handwriting looks noticeably worse with hover enabled, it's as if there are tails coming out of my handwriting even after the pencil has been lifted off the screen. Other apps seem to have overcome this problem. Please fix this as this is a dealbreaker for an otherwise solid app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I like how when the tapes are open, they look like highlighted texts, so I can read through the document without getting bothered by the tapes. And when I finally decide to quiz myself, I can just close them all at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There are many add ons in the marketplace like planners for example that we’d have to pay for to access.

There should ideally be an option to try them out for a short period of time before buying. It’s difficult to determine which planner option would be bested based on the screenshots shown under each in the marketplace.

The last thing anyone wants is to spend €9.99 on a planner that doesn’t suit your needs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The page preview thumbnails are so small you can't really make out details, and the size of the thumbnails or the sidebar can't be customized. That makes it hard enough to navigate a notebook if you don't have an outline structure in place as it is, then then changing pages when you're in a zoomed in view kicks you over to the selected page at the center of the destination page.

It gets annoying having to manually scroll up to verify the page title each time you move throughout the contents of a notebook.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great if Apples new MathNotes feature from iPadOS 18 would be integrated in GoodNotes. It is such a useful feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to have an "AI Pencil Enhancement" option Pencil within the GoodNotes pencil bar. This feature would leverage AI to transform rough sketches into refined drawings with clean lines, consistent shapes, and enhanced details. Users could customize the level of refinement and choose from various drawing styles. Such as the Feature Apple presented from Apple Intelligence at WWDC 24.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enhanced search functionality with LLMs that can recognize handwritten notes, keywords, and phrases, and provide results even from scanned text. These LLMs should be capable of searching things with Natural written things in sentence in the search bar of GoodNotes, such like these example for photos from Apple in the Picture. So it understands the Context of what you are searching for. You can search with natural language.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can you please expand the intelligent GoodNotes 6 AI handwriting Tools with additional tools, showed at Apples WWDC 24 in the Notes App (SmartScript). I would like to see these features in GoodNotes, such as:

1. My favourite feature: An in GoodNotes integrated AI Model that automatically improves your hand writing style in your personal writing style, as you write with Apple Pencil in GoodNotes.

2. Also very important for me: An AI Feature that can transform your typed text into your handwritten Notes in your own writing style, if you paste the typed text in GoodNotes.

3. An feature that enables the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can you please implement the MathNotes feature from the iPadOS 18 Notes App in GoodNotes 6? Would be great to see it there. I love MathNotes in iPadOS 18.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Masking tapes with colorful patterns and the improvement of shapes such as a heart, star, cloud, conversation bubble like in a comic book, question mark, exclamation mark, brace sign, etc. - all this is offered by other applications

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello, in the attachments I have added screenshots from only one CollaNote application, in which, in addition to basic pens, calligraphy pens and a classic pencil, we also get a dozen or so decorative artistic and 3D markers. Goodnotes is great, but it lags behind the competition when it comes to markers. Please add new pens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I can't find specific templates in the market place. It would be nice if there was a way to search for something like, "habit trackers" or even a theme.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi GoodNotes-Team,
    Ii would be helpful if standard settings for camera-import could be defined!
    Greetings
    Tobi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice if we could reorder the new menu on squeeze of the new Apple Pencil pro :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hey there,

we use GOODNOTES at our school on a daily basis and I think it would be a great idea to manage the import of documents like PDFs. For example: if I want to open a PDF in OneDrive and share it in order to open it into another App like Goodnotes, I can only choose to import it into the current document or open a new document. It would be a great idea to be able to choose the document and maybe have it saved to multiple documents at the same time.

Kind regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When scanning, each scanned document is converted to the US Letter format. This means an originally A4-sized sheet is shrunk and gains borders. This is problematic because I am a geometry teacher, and when a student draws a line of, for example, 7 cm on their A4 sheet, the internal Goodnotes ruler only reads 6.3 cm. This is inconvenient. I would like to be able to set the format to A4 during scanning so that all real lengths can be accurately measured by the Goodnotes ruler.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?