Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

If you're a business user, instead see the Goodnotes for Business/Enterprise forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7627 results found

1. Look a the vid. Thats all. And paper wouldn‘t be needed longer for Math Education.

https://youtu.be/BSzEuSzopKE?si=kqeHUBSsdt91a3Gt

A app written by a teacher.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Zinnia is a simple app and has this simple ability, along with the ability to be able to turn clip art and elements into hyperlinks that link to both the document and outside links I don’t understand why Goodnotes has not got on board please please please make these features available immediately. Turning pictures and clip art into links to different pages makes it so fun and beautiful to use any e journal. I think it is essential for creativity as well. Also the original request of locking layers Like making an element or clipart look like it’s coming in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When importing a document to Goodnotes, besides “import to current” and “import to a new document”, also add the ability to “import to existing document” and browse to the document and page where you want to insert. This would be more convenient than having to open the document/page you want before importing. That interrupts my work flow. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Wäre super, wenn man die Seitenränder individuell einstellen könnte, damit es auch mit den Vorgaben von Universitäten übereinstimmt. (Z.b. für Abgaben)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We need more languages for non English users such as Serbian, Croatian . . .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I wish for a feature that creates hyperlinks from headlines from imported files (pdf, image ...) and connects them to similar headlines that are hand written in the following.
    Here is the scenario where I imagine this function:
    When I get an excercise sheet at university, I import the pdf file to Goodnotes and start to solve the exercises in the following (handwritten). Because most exercises start with "Exercise 1" or something like that and I start my answers with the same headline. For easier navigation it would be helpful if Goodnotes recognizes these same headlines and creates a hyperlink…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new tape feature is great, however I would like to be able to write over it to see if my answers match. I know it is possible to write on tape but it’s impossible to erase it without erasing notes underneath. Please make it so that I can erase text that is only above the tape.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Writing becomes so much better and enjoyable when having motion smoothing like for example Noteful has, would greatly appreciate if this was added

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is no note-taking app out there that supports both handwritten notes and typed notes. By adding the keyboard feature, Goodnotes has taken a first step towards becoming an all-rounder app. The only problem is that the keyboard feature can't compete with apps like Obsidian or Notion, as it is extremely time consuming to format the text. So far, it is only suitable for aesthetic reasons, but is not practically usable. By adding support for Markdown, Goodnotes would finally have the first hybrid all-rounder solution for notes.

I attached some examples of how it could look like implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notion does this well but Goodnotes does not!

I like having my system (mac, iPad) on darkmode but the actual application of light mode. It's too overwhelming for me to have Goodnotes loading up in dark mode because of the system.

They need to the ability to make the app independent of the system settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be incredibly useful, to be able to customize the distancing of dots and lines in templates.

In different countries we use different spacing of lines in ruled, squared and dotted paper. Especially when designing worksheets to be printed it would be great to be able to specify the distance to e.g. 0.5 cm.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi, is it possible to add Hebrew as recognized language for hand writing?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add strip like notability to better organise notes in file and folders

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to duplicate my files. They have links within the document. The problem is that the copied file links keep opening in the old file and do not link within the new document. This makes no sense to me. How do I fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Often, files in a folder are named after a similar pattern. It would be nice to have this as a optional feature for each folder. It should be rather easy to implement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dear GoodNotes Team, I am writing to express my appreciation for the exceptional work you’ve done with the GoodNotes app, which has significantly enhanced my note-taking experience.
    I would like to suggest an update that I believe many users, including myself, would find incredibly beneficial. It would be wonderful if the pen library could be expanded to include a wider variety of writing and drawing tools. This enhancement would not only improve the versatility of the app but also cater to the diverse preferences and styles of your user base.
    Thank you for considering this suggestion. I am looking forward…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With the new squeeze function on Apple Pencil Pro, and how it brings up the new menu (Palette), it would be super cool to have this menu show up if you hold an older Apple Pencil down for a couple seconds. (Element note has this feature as well) but it would be super awesome to have for faster tool switching for people that aren’t on the newest iPads.

TLDR bring the new squeeze menu to the rest of the pencils by holding down on the screen without moving your pen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When sharing notes, please add a function to disable writing except by the owner who created the note. I would like a function to allow only viewing by non-owners.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A button to configure a specific card to be reviewed with both the question first, or the answer, helping us to study cards in both directions, as already used in some flash card apps.

Would also be ideal to be able to use the tape on the flash card questions, if tape is implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?