Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

If you're a business user, instead see the Goodnotes for Business/Enterprise forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7647 results found

1. I want to create a new Quick Note and then when finished move it (all pages) to a Notebook. At present I can tap the File name and it only allows me to move to a Folder. The only viable option is to use the page picker, select all pages and then I can move to a Notebook - lots of taps

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Type only some Questions in to every Slide - and in the Index Mode u get in Front page the Question and as solution u will get ur slide...

All slides which havent questions aren't any Index Cards...
    Easy and simple to Use

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. write text on lines instead of having to place a text field perfectly above them and having to resize the text to match up with the next lines…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would love to be able to add a few blank pages so that while taking note we can just continue writing instead of having to pull vertical/horizontal to create a new page. Sometimes I have to sit before class and create the number of pages I estimate I’ll need in order to have the space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Eraser should be able to erase text as well. When I want to erase a text I have to lasso and click delete or I have to edit the text. It would be nice to use the eraser to erase some parts of the text you want without having to delete or edit the whole thing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be practical to be able to select which files you would like to upload to iCloud, as, if you don‘t have enough storage for every single file, you can‘t even share a single file with anyone, which is quite annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ipad用戶,以前在不使用編輯工具時也可選取文字。更新後要在使用編輯工具下才能選取文檔的文字,操作變得極不方便且不能用apple pencil選取文字!建議改回原來版本!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For example, I have a paragraph converted from handwriting to text, but I only want to move a few of the words, it would be nice if the lasso tool could move only the selected text.

Now the lasso tool if the text is converted together, when using the lasso, move a few of the words, it will move the whole paragraph together, (because the text converted together, the app will think in the same text box)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I will be typing on a page and all of the sudden it will move me 10 pages over or back. Makes it annoying in classes and taking notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it more user friendly on computers not just iPads…every time I copy and past something from my MacBook GoodNotes shuts down. Super irritating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hopefully, this is something simple but basically bold the first half of a word as seen in the Bionic Reading example: https://bionic-reading.com

This helps reading drastically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi,
    I have used goodnotes for a long time. I was just working on my Mac and goodnotes in not even open and I got a popup (not a notification!) asking if I was enjoying goodnotes. I believe this is a violation as I do not have notifications enabled for Goodnotes on my mac. How do I make sure this never happens again? I think it is absolutely unacceptable for any app-especially if it is not even being used-to randomly open a popup on my computer. Please address this important issue immediately as this is a professional computer that I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be really nice if you could make the outlines more interactive, to be able to do stuff with it. After all, this is our table of contents and I would like if it was possible to export it, print it and even have a toggle to show it within the document on the side (not on the page directly but by the side of the marked page) like Microsoft word’s proof reading correction comments.

Furthermore, something that has been causing me a headache is once you mark a page and give it a title in the outline, if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I’d love a feature that would allow you to easily select all highlighted (with the highlighter tool) material to copy and paste into another note. When studying, or when reading over documents or notes, I tend to be “old school” and highlight relevant material for further review or further studying. I would then love to be able to take all of my highlighted stuff and copy it into a condensed note for studying only what I’ve highlighted. Hopefully that made sense!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I mostly use Goodnotes to annotate PDFs. But sometimes after making my annotations, I realize the the original PDF has a typo or requires some sort of alteration. In the current iteration of Goodnotes, I have to drag and drop the annotations from the old to new PDF. It would be amazing to be able to replace the underlying PDF with a few clicks. Please! 💔 So many people's workflows would improve drastically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Palm rejection does not work well for everyone, particularly for people with disabilities. Allow touch to be disabled completely, i.e. all interactions would be with the pencil

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Flashcard isn't working / loading. It's a bug.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As a medical student I have to go through lots of lectures and content daily. I have been using onenote as it allows for a fast importing of powerpoints when you convert the slides into PNG file types so i can make notes around them. Im struggling with goodnotes as although you can very quickly import these slides you cant make notes around the slides and you cannot import the slides onto the page of the notebook eg 2x slides per page without doing screenshots which takes a very long time for a lecture with over 100 slides in it.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Eraser must be scalable. It is quite big problem. Please examine photo that added. also screen must scale automaticly when change the device position.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reporting a problem (bug) to be solved.

When sharing to iprint app from Epson, the book suddenly closed. The printer window never opens.

The share options loops sometimes for ever, then is needed to close the app, and restarting again

Device Ipad Pro

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?