Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2184 results found

1. Add voice recording option.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Lenovo pen lags while using GoodNotes for Windows on Lenovo Yoga 9i 2-in-1 but pen has no lag while working in other apps like OneNote or Edge or built-in note taking app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. One of the few things that I dislike, is that when i’m doing math problems taking several lines/pages for a single question, I have to always click the "+" button to add pages. It really stops me in my track.

My suggestion is that Goodnotes adds a way to always have 1 or 2 blank pages after the page you’re writing on, if it is the last one. This option would be a toggle you’d activate in the active document’s settings to prevent unwanted behaviours to other documents.

Unlike other suggestions wanting infinitely scrollable pages, it would keep the active…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Like to be able to create text boxes and type your words in them. And like allow them to overlap each other just like in good notes 5 for iOS.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. I have realised that since the recent version's, when the application is launched my S pen's air commands are synced with Samsung Internet. This tells me that the application's platform is based through Samsung Internet. Also, copy and paste has also been inoperative from a screenshot or an image ever since.
    Features like on IOS is also missing.
    In my opinion, the application should have its own platform to operate so that bugs like these do not occur in the future

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Es wäre wünschenswert, die Möglichkeit zu haben, Seiten einfach umzusortieren, beispielsweise Seite 21 zu Seite 16. Ebenso wäre es hilfreich, feste Einstellungen vornehmen zu können. Zum Beispiel sollte die Schriftgröße bei Auswahl von 19 beibehalten werden, anstatt automatisch auf 22 zu wechseln. Die Seite weist einige Bugs auf, wie die Notwendigkeit, manchmal dreimal auf eine Funktion zu klicken, damit sie funktioniert, usw. Alles in allem ist die Seite nicht schlecht, aber es gibt viel Potenzial für Verbesserungen. Es wäre am besten, die Seite selbst zu nutzen und zu erfahren, welche Bereiche noch optimiert werden könnten, die gibt es viele. Liebe…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve the handwriting recognition speed. Currently the pen feature will lag behind writing unless you write slowly, and this leads to very messy handwriting.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Here are some very much needed updates for the good notes on windows
    1. Do add Zoom window like on IOS
    2. Add a support for pen tablets in Good Notes ( basically a using a pen tablet makes it harder to pan around the screen which makes it very much harder to write on a text )

Me and my team very much like your application and we are not iOS users that much , if these feature are added , minimum of 20 subscription are promised

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be nice to add typing system + ability to choose wether it will be a text box which you can plase wherever you want or it will work as typing in MS Word documents (just straight text with an ability to format)

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for the use of importing PowerPoint files. This supports students in college greatly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Picture uploading is now possible but I am missing the simple option of pasting any images, screenshots etc directly from the clipboard. (Android on Samsung tab S9)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Please make it so that I can turn off the function where pressing and holding with my pen opens the menu to add a comment. I have turned press and hold off in my Windows system settings so I know it is something within the app itself

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. I am just casually writing in a notebook, it starts to lag extremely, then it crashes and i have to reload the whole thing and a few of my writings are missing. This is really unfortunate in class. Also you download the app but when you open it, it shows Google Chromes icon. It should be an app and not a browser link you can open.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. please have a better hand recognition/palm rejection
    i often experience difficulties when my hand touches the display that it is seen as a pen and writes
    also sometimes when i write and my hand touches the scren its seen as if i zoom in and out which i am not doing

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. This is already available for apple products and currently with the planner I have purchased that comes with new stickers I cannot use the stickers because of this not being a feature on windows, it's so disappointing that I refunded my subscription to good notes and went with another program because it didn't have all the features, I expected it to have.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to record in the note and have it write it out as a text format like on Google Docs speech to text, or the Google pixel recording app feature. This would be great for people with disabilities as well.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If I am going to be able to use this daily, like I want to, I'll need two things: 1) Hyperlinks. 2) Ability to type text. Please, I'd love to actually make this useful, but the way it is right now is just... almost glorified paint, to be honest.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Page lock function should be provided because while making notes the page slightly moves upward or downward sometimes

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?