Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7114 results found

1. Es wäre hilfreich, wenn beim durchgehen der Lernkarten auch der Fortschritt angezeigt und gespeichert wird, wenn nicht alle Karten durchgegangen werden, oder zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt weiter gelernt wird. Außerdem wäre es toll, wenn man den Fortschritt separat abrufen könnte.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi All,

I am trying to find the right way to wire 3 shelly 2.5's into my LED light setup so that it works.

I am not an electrician, but tried to draw the current schematic as best as possible.

Extra information:

Currently, there is a 3 channel switch, with remote, before the transformators. This switch can be removed if need be, the remote no longer works.

Would anyone be able to help? What do it plug into my Shelly and where? (I'm a total noob, so make it easy! :) )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The only thing that I don’t like about it ,, is that i cant add videos, website, and voice recording, if u can add those features,, it will be the best study app out there

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On the right side of the toolbar, there are three options: automatic disappearance of the laser trails, and the manual remove all/erase laser trails option.

Explanation (optional to read): I’ve been using laser trails almost every time when I review because I can write on top of my written notes and annotated handouts to help me remember, but what’s frustrating about it is that it disappears so fast when I try to write multiple words of what I have just reviewed seconds before. I can’t use the regular pen and write above these papers of mine since they are annotated/written…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The ability to create chapters/sections within a notebook. You could add as many pages as you wanted to each chapter/section and the chapter/section could have a name. It would make organizing and finding things in notebooks so much easier, especially for students.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great for my OCD if I can snap images like in notability for when I want all my photos to be the same size

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quickly toggle this mode on, GoodNotes will ONLY respond to your stylus. This means absolutely zero accidental tab closes and switches, tool selections, anything that could happen from resting one's palm near the top of the page. For completely relaxed, unworried writing in any position.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This app would be perfect if searching can work in images and scanned PDFs. It can be easily done in iOS system or the original File app (Live Text). So I believe it is totally possible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm using Hebrew lang on my ipad and would welcome Handwriting Recognition for Hebrew feature. What are the chances to have this?
    Thanks,
    Dan

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Example;
    I need to get a set of A1 landscape drawing for reference in my A3 landscape notebook. In this example, i do not need to have the original size of pdf. it may also help reducing the file size?!?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There are a few Sanrio;

1. most of the time we may want to have consistent page size, this could be the size that we start the note book with. It could be nice if there is a option to “fit” any template to that size.
    2. we may want to have a specific sizes (multiple paper sizes) on notebook, it will be nice if we could have some control. For example assume that the typical size of notebook is A4 portrait, we may want to have a few sheet as A3 landscape.
    * one of the benefit is that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think it would be essential to integrate the Arabic language in good notes. It is one of the most spoken language in the world and both Arabic speaking persons and Arabic learners will love to have access to the handwriting recognition of this language. Thank you !

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you do a highlighter tool that UNDERLINES the text instead of highlighting?

I would help in productivity so much rather than have to hold and wait for it to form a straight line.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On my Mac, when I double click the mouse pointer on a word to select it, GoodNotes responds by increasing the zoom level of the note -- the word is not selected. When I double click again on the word, GoodNotes responds by unzooming. In every other app, I can select a word by double clicking on it -- this is my preferred app response since it is what is expected throughout all of computing. I would appreciate it if GoodNotes behaved the same way -- select, not zoom. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I was trying out ZoomNotes after discovering adding to a note on my phone is kind of terrible in GoodNotes, and they had a handy shortcut that would help a lot in GoodNotes: When placing a text box, double tapping prompted whether I wanted the box to fill the page. I agreed and just that easy I can add properly (horizontally) aligned text to the note. GoodNotes could add a similar feature pretty easily and it would make the iPhone and Mac apps more useful for adding to notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi All!

Hoping to get some idea on how we can update the exterior of this home.

It hasn't been touched since being built in the 60's. Home is in AZ and is west facing and is rectangular. Would like modern design with use of mixed materials - concrete/wood slats, breeze block. We are looking to enclose the carport.

I really love the simplicity of this mid century home w/ its flat/deep roof, large windows and thin columns: https://www.contemporist.com/renovated-mid-century-modern-house-sits-on-a-plateau-above-coachella-valley-in-california/.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There should be at least 5 colors in the toolbar specially for the highlighter feature. It would help instead of tapping a color to change it and then another tap to change it back to the original. 3 colors isn't enough when used in studying notes/books.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. will be widely used for mathematical equations

the left side will be what I write, the write side will be what it will transform into. this can be also used for irregular shape or time consuming shapes to draw but is used often.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to create a new Quick Note and then when finished move it (all pages) to a Notebook. At present I can tap the File name and it only allows me to move to a Folder. The only viable option is to use the page picker, select all pages and then I can move to a Notebook - lots of taps

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?