Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2184 results found

1. Drawing is great, but we need to have the ability to add text through typing into our documents.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I think that you can maybe add an option to also be able to group notes together in one file and also add more pen options.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. It would be nice if it could be used in a square shape when using a wool snare.

2. It would be nice if there was a rotation function after selecting the lasso like when using the iPad.

3. I would like to support pop-up notes to increase efficiency

4. I wish there was a post-it function

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like the feature of setting an image to the back/background. When I write over a photo and need to move a pen mark, I have to erase the mark, as moving the mark would move the image too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an icon like the one in Samsung notes that easily converts pen to text. Provide a help section too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Sometimes I just want my freehand drawing to have smoother line. If I use the shape tool to sraw wave, it will turn out to be a zig zag line, which is not what I wanted. Can you add an option to just smoothen the strokes instead?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I tried opening thr shared version from windows on my phone, and be able to write in the notebook, but it won't click through the tabs. Only writes on the page. I'll wait till I get a tablet to use this software.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. in the import of pdf documents, when viewing pdf documents, some lines of the font will be faint or black. this siutuation happpens more while browing Chinese documents than English ones.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'm trying to use shared notebooks with my students. Some of them have an iPad or Mac. Those that don't are unable to do more than read them. IThe children just love doing the homework I give them in GoodNotes! It's far superior to Google Docs! Thank you!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would find it very helpful to introduce the following function:

• no matter what the page view is at the moment, if you double tap on the page, the page will adjust to fit the screen width. This helps the easier readability of the document.

• if you double-tap the page again, the page adjusts to fit the entire screen. I find this especially helps the structuring of documents.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to hover over tools in writing mode and have little dropdown tooltips to display a single keystroke shortcut (like p for pen, e for eraser etc.) as well as optional short descriptions.

In Addition having nested single key shortcuts for example pf for fountain pen, pb for ball pen, ps toggling draw and hold etc would def go a long way (and like id imagine similar nesting for the other tools aswell as the colour and stroke controls personally)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sometimes we may want to insert a video clip n write comments beside it..for example..a review journal…or during a lecture if a lecture is being given on the board by drawing..mere voice recording feature won’t help us review the concept… it would be really helpful..if we could insert video recordings of the class.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow the side view of the pages to be reduced and or let us be able to scroll all the way to the side of the document without having to be

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Please, as on Ipad, spelling check!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rendere selezionabile la preferenza di direzione di scorrimento. Decisamente migliore lo scorrimento da destra verso sinistra presente su ios. Vorrei avere modo di cambiare lo scorrimento verso l'alto per passare ad una nuova pagina sul mio dispositivo andoid.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It is very slowly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I Downloaded the App, and the first thing i noticed was: I can't create any Folders!

I really enjoyed this feature on iOS and i would think its a Must-Have feature for me to switch from OneNote to GoodNotes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. At the start of note taking, inconsistency and lagging and also not consistent when erasing the content not so fluent and sometimes, it draws lines, etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?