Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2040 results found

1. My cursor covers up half of the word I'm writing. Would be nice to have the option to hide the cursor, or at the very least have something like Microsoft OneNote where they change the cursor to a little dot.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. It's a bit annoying, to see the cursor of the pencil while writing. Otherwise there seems to be a short delay between input and output while writing with the pencil.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. You could make an embedding on every page or even on every notebook. Or an empty embedding, such as for Notion, so that you can also use GoodNotes well in Notion.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. On a 4K display with 150% scaling set up in Windows, it is quite difficult to identify the different paper types when creating a new notebook. Most of the previews essentially look blank.
    Instead of the scaled down version of a whole page, maybe the preview could show a clearly visible portion of the identifying element, e.g. just 2 rows of lines.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If edited on windows version notebook, the changes available also on iOS version.

1,814 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2,497 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. i am using it in surface pro 7 tab and i see a lag in the pen and the ink following it. please reduce the lag between them

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3,367 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As you know, Windows Devices are mostly used in Landscape mode(because of size or Windows was built to use in landscape) but the size of tool bar is so much bigger than the iOS version that the waste of space in landscape mode is too big

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. In the Windows Web version, there is no option to Search and Find Handwritten text, unlike in Ipad. Looking forward to this update.

1,140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to have the zoom tool that creates a square that zoom in and allows you to write in this zoomed section (like the one that exist in the iOS app).

677 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Not sure if intended, but doesn't seem pleasant and 'nice' from a UI / UX point of view

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. My use scenario: ordinary touchless notebook + handwriting board
    Problem: When using the tablet, in addition to adjusting the stroke thickness based on pressure, it also adjusts the stroke thickness based on the stroke speed, and I want to disable the latter one

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. so ive tried it out and my convertible laptop is dying inside. it doesnt write smoothly and everything needs 3 seconds to render. my laptop is doing fine so i dont understand why its so laggy and why is it an edge based app... i think a normal app will improve it so well since basic tools are missing like photos and stickers and even writing text! 🥺 there is so much stuff thats missing even if its a beta version! youre doing great but its the minimum we can ask for

1,207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Regarding the "open document in web" option, I would like that instead of having to copy the link and paste it in the web browser (which for windows users is very annoying since they have to type the link in a random place to being able to paste it to the windows pc browser), being able to directly log in from the windows "goodnotes" web. So there is no need to copy or paste the link and it is more secure.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We'd need more information to understand this better.

Are we correct in understanding that you'd like to have an option to open a document in web from Windows app. If so, could you please elaborate on your needs to open a document in web vs viewing it in directly in our Windows app.

16. Backup to other clouds then Dropbox should be possible, e.g. via WebDAV, for privacy reasons and for entertaining bigger databases of notes and documents in goodnotes.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Con wacom intuos draw, al escribir y levantar el boli de la tableta, el trazo se sigue marcando. Le cuesta detectar cuando has terminado.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add this, its so important for any student or anyone else who has to take notes while in meetings or lectures. It should work like in Notability. You should be able to press a record button create an audio recording where you can click on a section that you wrote or typed and it will skip to the part of the recording that it's in.

937 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You should be able to convert your handwriting to math like with Notability. When you write a note and hit convert, a math option should come up so you can simply convert your handwriting into proper typed math symbols.

1,133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Being able to create tables like with word, google docs or most other word processing apps out there. You should be able to choose the number of rows and columns you have.

1,408 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 98 99 100 102 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?