Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2037 results found

1. It would be good if we could select handwriting and convert it to text similar to the iPad app.

1,058 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Using stamps/emojis would be nice, along with having an option to use dot points to make note taking easier. A ruler would be a must have for myself as I like to structure my page a certain way when studying. Maybe adding a stabiliser tool to make lines stiffer when writing.

501 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be good if the app allowed working on notebooks even without an internet connection.

2,267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Switching between dark background/light pen to light background/dark pen when changing between Night and Day mode. OneNote has a similar function and it saves my eyes when taking notes

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. issue after my pen tablet sleeps when I start using it again, writing with the pen make the screen zoom in and/or out or together(mostly zooming it with some dragging of the mouse pointer) and i have to close the document and open it again to fix the issue but it happens always after the tablet wakes up

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. I think it would be extremely beneficial to the GoodNotes app if a feature were available to upload animated pictures or files to the app. Majority of people who use GoodNotes are students and having this feature available would make more people/students want to use this app rather than other note taking apps. I have already considered looking into other apps considering GoodNotes doesnt allow this feature. I have found myself wanting this feature way too many times along with other students. I think this would make the app 10 times better.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I selected A3 checkered paper and it kind of bugged. The lining on one part of the paper is more light than the other and it's laggy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. It is currently a little difficult to navigate through notebooks as they get larger, as the navigation bar shows previews of entire pages.

The ability to mark certain points as section dividers or add headings or any other way to make a table of contents would make navigation much easier.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As a student, and someone who doesn't really have an income it would really be better if the features/ tools we use to make notes are free ^^

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I don't know if I understood sth. wrong, but in the Using Conditions, was written down that goodnotes (beta) has permission to use every Data, we use in the app. If thats correct, the it's ok for just the Beta thing. But it's not okay for the Endversion of the app... For example if you are working with a Script from Universitywith copyright, then this part of the using condition is a reason to not use goodnotes anymore... Same Problem for a University Professor who has to correct Student's Works...

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Im using OneDrive for most of my Study-Backups and have already set it up on all my devices. I would love to use it aswell to backup all my notes with OneDrive.

478 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'd like to be able to tap a link in a note and be redirected to a different note or webpage.

320 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The grids now are super big and even though I use an A4 paper, I can only write a few words

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. an implementation like Anki to review cards.
    for example extra categorie where a card can be reviewed where the categorie name would be the name of the notebook in which the flashcards are.
    And a RemNote like usability for the flashcards.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stylus Pen has an erase button, which can switch to eraser mode when holding the button and dragging to an area. It works on most applications on Windows but is currently not supported by GoodNotes.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. 104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My cursor covers up half of the word I'm writing. Would be nice to have the option to hide the cursor, or at the very least have something like Microsoft OneNote where they change the cursor to a little dot.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. It's a bit annoying, to see the cursor of the pencil while writing. Otherwise there seems to be a short delay between input and output while writing with the pencil.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. You could make an embedding on every page or even on every notebook. Or an empty embedding, such as for Notion, so that you can also use GoodNotes well in Notion.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?