Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. When copying and pasting with the Lasso tool, we are given the option to resize and rotate, but we are NOT given the option to mirror the image, that is, reflecting it with respect to the vertical axis. That would be a useful improvement, in my opinion.

For example, to draw a face it would be enough to draw the right eye, half a nose and half a mouth, then mirror it.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to toggle on and off dark mode and have the paper and ink colors change accordingly.

Selecting dark paper and white ink looks great but is NOT 'dark mode'. When you go to print something created way you either waste a LOT of ink or you have to manually switch paper and ink color on each page.

For reference - Onenote does dark mode perfectly.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm a visual thinker so I like using different types of charts and diagrams to organize ideas. Also, a lot of my college classes require me to use visual methods to represent information, such as those I've mentioned in the title of this post.

I hope this option will become available in future versions of GoodNotes.

Thank you!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for mathematic tools like a measuring ruler or a protractor of sorts would really help as there is no way to actually measure the line length right now

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you rotate an object after using the lasso, it is not possible to keep the size because the functions are mixed. Resizing and rotating should be two functions or you need to be able to lock the size while rotating.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I use GoodNotes to take notes during lectures but I also do a lot of my homework in this app. I wish I could at least perform some basic math calculations without leaving the app. Right now, if I want to do any calculations for math class or some other class, I need to leave the app in order to do a Google search or I have to use my phone to do it.

It would be helpful if I could write out the problems with the Apple Pencil and GoodNotes would be able to help me perform some basic…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Would it work for you to open a calculator app as a slide over app and then just swipe it in from the side when it is needed? You won’t have to leave GoodNotes for it and you can easily make some quick calculations.

7. I love the flash card tool. It would be very nice if there was an option to show the "answer"-side first in the learning mode. For example it would be very nice to learn words of a different language in both directions: French - English and English French.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be good to be able to customise the toolbar since I’m sure there are features that some of us don’t use and could use the space for something else.

• Toggle which icons appear in the toolbar. Personally I never use and will probably never use the in-app camera and presentation mode. It would be great if there was an option to just turn those off.

• Allow the option to have more colour and pen size presets. 3 isn’t enough!

• When the zoom window toolbar finally returns, it would be great to have the same level of customisation.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be awesome to create a dictate function on good notes. I would love for there to be an ability for me to dictate notes and it would convert it into text.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add a type of "streamline" for each pen type that is adjustable so it would fit each individuals needs and wants.
    It would improve handwriting which would prevent me from spending so much time during note taking to go back and rewrite things and it would make the notes that I do write much easier to read. It would make notes more aesthetically pleasing and legible which would save time. It is an easy win win win situation.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Could a folder customisation feature be added?
    Right now all the folders are blue and it can make it difficult to quickly find what you’re looking for. If we had the option to change the colours of the folders it would make it easier to organise our information and to find it. For example Math could be red, Geography green etc.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would appreciate if you could have appearing gridlines that would help you to align text boxes.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I love the flash cards they are an amazing studying tool. But when studying them, I often feel the urge to zoom into my answers as they have diagrams. Also sometimes I need to fill in a lot of information on the flashcard which means I have to write small and when I do this, it’s really hard to see them in the study mode. It would be really helpful to be able to zoom in and out of the flash cards whilst studying them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. On OneNote I have 14 different colored pens and highlighters up top. GoodNotes is superior to one note in almost every way except this one. I color code my notes, so I am forced to used one note. If I were to try and color code using goodnotes, it would take me hours longer because there are so many extra clicks to get to the correct color of pen or highlighter. Having more color options up top and allowing both pens and highlighters in the menu bar like one note would be amazing.

There is plenty of room up there,…

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be really nice if there was a color dropper or similar function where you can select the a color in an image or other text in the page and Then use that color for the pen. I sometimes use a custom color for notes and forget to save it to my presets when I change colors and then I can’t always get the exact same color for the rest of my notes.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pre drawn graphs and charts that you can choose the dimensions and edit like in One Note

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add a feature where I can view all of the phrases/sentences I’ve highlighted in a particular document, sorted by highlight color and arranged by page order. Preferably exportable into a PDF file. It would be very useful for students like me. Thanks!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you've ever used procreate, you know what I'm referring to.

The zoom out / zoom in is an annoying aspect (I'm an avid Goodnotes user so I mean this without malicious intent) when trying to focus on a specific area of the page to write notes on. Let's say for example I am focusing on a diagram I'm drawing and want to zoom out on that specific area to only see my diagram and focus on that area, it's not possible; when zooming out, the whole page is zoomed out. I would love to have zoom in/ out that…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to have the option to share a whole folder with team members. All of the members should have the possibility to work in all notes inside the folder and to add new notes to the folder.
    Also I would like to get notifications when someone changed or added things inside the shared folder/note. So that I can directly jump in and see the changes. It feels quite cumbersome that someone has to contact me outside the system to tell me that he worked inside the notes/added notes etc.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be grate to have goodnotes on windows and Android. It is a very great app. With a windows or Android devise you are unable to use this one.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?