Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. when you go into the editing page for a color you saved, it does not provide the hex number, making it difficult to make highlighters and stuff the same color.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instead of going to the thumbnails menu, just do a zoom out to see two pages in the same view, instead of one; then if done again you can see 4 pages and then 6, then 8 and so on.

Important detail is that, let's say you have the view for 8 pages in your screen, if you do the gesture to see the 'next page' you see the next 8 pages, so you can navigate much faster within the document.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I love using GoodNotes since it is so user friendly, however the only thing I find that is missing is the double page viewing option, so if I’m using a workbook, I can see both pages at once and flip through it like a normal tangible book. I know there is the option of opening a separate window but if I’m only using my iPhone, that isn’t possible. This would be an AMAZING feature and I think would honestly make a lot of people happy!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would love to see the ability to store common shapes or drawings in a "Shape Library" to minimize recreation work. My current workaround is typically to have these on a blank page in a notebook and go back and forth copying/pasting, but this is inefficient.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. At the moment, the zoom window advances when you get to the right side of the window. It would be great if there would be an option to have the advancement happen when you get to the left side of the window, for languages that are written from right to left (example: Hebrew, Arabic etc.).

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am a student who uses GoodNotes to study.
    I'm mailing to suggest features that would be great when I study in GoodNotes.
    It's moving to a page you've seen before, which is similar to the previous channel feature of the tv remote.

While studying, there are many cases of moving and looking to refer to pages that are far away, and then returning from the previous ones.
    If this function is added, it seems that the efficiency of study can be improved.
    Thanks for reading :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dear GoodNotes Team,

Since the update on the shape feature I have had some problems drawing arrows by hand. I am able to draw the lines but the arrow tops: “>” always look weird.
    Before the update I had no trouble drawing arrows correctly.
    I would really appreciate you taking this into consideration.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow saving my own favorites text box styles. Allow choosing a saved style from a list when creating a text box. Allow changing the style of an existing box to one of my favorites.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to be able to erase using the Apple Pencil (Gen 2) like in the default notes app, where after the eraser is selected the size of the eraser can be varied by tilting the pencil: 90° for pixel-by-pixel, more acute for larger eraser.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GoodNotes is the excellent app for note taking.Its just above all as compared to all other note taking apps out there in app store.
    Just want to convey a single message to GoodNotes team.
    Please please add scrolling bar function in pages.The slider bar of pages don't work properly.We have to manually turn each pages and that is a too tedious process.Kindly give the option of scrolling of pages using finger or apple pencil.

Also kindly add search through function in images and pictures which are attached in notes.
    Thank you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need a toolkit for ruler, protractor, compass. This is so we can illustrate scaled diagrams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Like in the apple PDF modificator, it may be interesting to add a ruler to make easier to underline some text or doing geométric shapes. Currently in Good Note the tool which allow us to do shape or straight line is a bit hard to use.
    Sometimes, we can’t do what we want. It’s a waste of time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Some of the pdf’s I import have very small margins that do not allow me to write notes on. It would be fantastic if there was a feature that acted as sticky notes like in Apple’s feature in the Books app or how Google docs allow you to add comments.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. With this feature, writing would be smoother and neater. Right now it's a little choppy.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If you take notes for multiple subjects/classes but use different color systems for each, it may be a good idea to make custom groups for specific colors so that they don’t get lost in a mix of all the custom colors you’ve added to the color set

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Noteshelf, instead of simply cropping an image, you can erase the background. This is super helpful when taking quick notes for class and capturing images from a presentation. I don't like having to do a freehand crop in GoodNotes just to get rid of the extra stuff. It slows down the note taking process.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi goodnotes team,

I'm using goodnotes within my daily private and business live - it is the most used and active app on my iPad :)

What I currently miss is the possibility to easily find todos and tasks within my notes. I would love to create some kind of custom tags like "TODO", "to be discussed", "create marketing material", "product idea" "demo script" etc. this can act as a better flagging mechanism which you already have introduced. If the search screen next offers a quick search for these tags I can easily find my todos. Beside that the tags…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be great to have two page view as mentioned before, but to build on that, being able to link text to other pages and better to see them at the same time. I included a video of an example/inspiration (shoutout Baldurs Gate 3).

This would be great for compiling tasks, and with linking, you could add more in depth notes that would be easily accessible when you want. I know it would make organizing my work and notes so much easier.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?