Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. I feel like it would be really nice if we could have a couple more customizations for the pen? Especially the amount of streamline, and also potentially the pressure sensitivity?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flash cards are too small. On the iPhone, I can barely see the print/diagram and in landscape mode it's nearly impossible. On the iPad, they're large enough that I can make out the diagram.

The flash card is not taking advantage of the full width of the screen in study mode. It's using the bottom half of the screen to display the answer instead of flipping the card.

I attached a PDF showing the screens for both the iPhone and iPad. I, also, took screenshots of another flashcard app to compare and contrast.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have dyslexia and it would be wonderful if I could listen to the notes I take. Right now I have to copy it and paste is a page that could read it for me. So it would help me a lot if an option for reading out loud is added

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I usually use GoodNote to take note from lecture and 80% of the time, the palm rejection did a good job. However, once in a while, the palm rejection will fail and it accepts the input from my resting fingers, which cause the unwanted zoom-in/zoom-out or movement of the page. This situation is very annoying because I have to adjust back to the original size and position of the page and keep writing. Sometimes this happen when I am still taking the note, and it really stop me from focusing the content on the lecture. I personally don't like my…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I select some writing with the lasso tool in Goodnotes, there is an option to change the color of the writing.

In Notability you can also edit the line weights to make the pen strokes thicker or thinner.

Could an option to edit line weight be added?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I use the highlighter a lot to fill in diagrams and it would be so much easier if I didn't have to do it in one go. Sine it gets darker when it overlaps, the filled in color is only uniform if my pencil stays on the page the whole time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I often annotate books for school and it would be nice if I could search only my handwriting and not the entire text of the book

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When looking at imported PDF thumbnails, we should have an option to view only thumbnails of pages with annotations (highlights, handwriting). (like in Notability) This is especially useful for very large files, like textbooks.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great if we could fill the shapes that we create with more unique fills. Not only will this make the process more creative but it would also make our visuals more understandable.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. possibility to delete handwritten text by scribbling on it

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can we have keyboard shortcuts for most features on the app pls ahah. Like people are actually starting to use the app on MacBooks or even when on iPads most people use keyboards. like cmd+f for search and stuff. NGL Notion is pretty good at this, get on their level goodnotes.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be useful to being able to write in a document even with the toolbar being invisible. This had the effect that the whole page being visible would be bigger as it fills the whole iPad screen.
    Maybe you could create some kind of „mini toolbar“ in pop-up style that could be used in this mode.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sometimes I accidentally click on the star on a document from my favorites and it immediately removes it from the list.

Please add a toast message to allow undo for this operation.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It is really upsetting that I cant drag and drop any image or text onto the next page. It takes so much time and effort to copy paste the text and then go to the next page and insert and then go back to the previous page to delete the text.
    This would increase everybody‘s workflow a lot!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice to have a hand-drawn image/symbol gallery. For example, writing out your own formulas/diagrams and being able to save them at the top of the page in the tool bar (just like how there's a photo option that comes from your camera roll).

Having your own drawn images/formulas etc, would be a lot quicker for the user instead of re-writing out or copying/pasting each time when you need to use a specific shape/image/formula etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It should be allowed to show two pages of the same notebook at the same time instead of only able to show two notebooks side by side. This allows us to read more at a time, or even draw diagrams that can span two pages.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It would be very useful to get a page numbering option creating page numbers in pdf when exporting to pdf.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. As someone with hand tremors, it is difficult to get things like text boxes and pictures and doodles into position easily. It would be nice if I could select an item, move it close to the desired position, then nudge it up/down/left/right with the arrows on the keyboard.

• I know tapping on the screen deselects, so I am not sure how to accomplish this with gestures when there isn’t a keyboard... maybe drag the selection with one finger and hold down another finger to allow you to tap outside the selection to nudge it in that direction...

The option to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We need an option to choose for the text to fit naturally to the lines of templates that have lines to type on. It would be great that when we change the chosen font, it would adapt and still fit in the line.

It's too troublesome trying to find the right font to fit into the lines, and I still cant find my perfect font and font size to do that.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?