Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. When I connect the presentation of reflection through AirPlay, found that in the Good Note application, can be extended or zoom the screen at the iPad normally. But the image that is reflected through AirPlay, found that the image drawing board of Good Note also shows only the full screen. And display the expansion or zoom screen, not same the screen of the IPad So Making it difficult for presentation. Please update as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be efficient and productive to be able to set a default font. Perhaps there is a way and I don’t know how to navigate it yet. But right now, every time I use the text box, and while I’ve already changed the font, it will default back to Helvetica Neue. Not a bad font, I just have work & schoolwork that requires a different font. It would be nice to just pick that font and stay until I decide otherwise.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd love to have the possibility of having larger than A4 paper templates.
    A2, A1 and even A0 templates would be awesome when you have to create flow charts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there 👋 Thanks for the suggestion. GoodNotes allows you to add any PDF or image as a custom paper template to your template library and you can easily create your desired paper template size using a text editor like Word or Pages. Alternatively, you can find many additional paper templates for free (or a low price) online.

https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000115295-Adding-custom-templates-to-the-template-library

4. I'm starting to doubt that GoodNotes 5 team even visits this Feature Request page; there are MANY great, INTUITIVE features that have been suggested here YEARS ago and didn't come to life. Like, come on!

This is a paid app; it should get more attention than free ones. Before I purchased the app, I was really confused between which app to get, GoodNotes 5 or Notability? I chose GoodNotes 5 because I saw the potential this app could become. I read the requested features here and I believed it's a good investment if these requests later came to life. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there 👋 Please be assured that we’re reviewing the ideas in our feedback forum on a regular basis. In fact, we do visit it multiple times per week. The stories and ideas our users share with us are important factors that help us deciding on what to build, though there are other factors we also consider. We’re working hard and are constantly updating GoodNotes to improve it step by step! Thanks for being a fan!

5. please add scrolling support for physical mouses like mx master 3.
    Add the moment just nothing happens.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need to be able to select certain pages when exporting. Selecting only one page or all pages is annoying and if we have to submit homework or notes, some pages we don't need to submit. It would be helpful and practical.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To export selected pages, open the thumbnail view with the overview of all pages in your document. Tap on the select button, then tap on the pages you want to export. You can now tap the “export” button at the top.

7. It’s a bit tedious to switch to the shape tool every time you want to draw e.g. a perfect line. What about having GoodNotes draw a perfect shape when you hold your stroke like in Procreate or Notability? Bonus points when it’s possible to edit the shape size and anchor points.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

8. Please add mouse scroll wheel support. This makes scrolling through pages using a mouse (aside from Magic Mouse / trackpad) much more convenient than having to hold and drag to scroll.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I play guitar on the music team for my church, and instead of using printed sheet music I would like to use digital music and an AirTurn bluetooth device to change pages/songs with my feet.

It would be great if GoodNotes supported AirTurn for going forward/back a page. Then I could scan my music into a notebook in GoodNotes and turn pages using my bluetooth pedal so my hands are free to play the instrument.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes already supports this. You can flip pages using the arrow keys on any external keyboards. Make sure that your footpedal is correctly mapped to the arrow keys of the keyboard.

10. please allow users to enable swiping with one finger and only writing with apple pencil (also second generation) for more convenient usage

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In M1 iPad Pro, there is a missing option in settings called ‘stylus and anti-false touch’ (don’t know the exact English word for that). Please fix that bug ASAP, thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In M1 iPad Pro, there is a missing option in settings called ‘stylus and anti-false touch’ (don’t know the exact English word for that). Please fix that bug ASAP, thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With the new trackpad support with iPadOS 13.4, it would be really nice to be able to scroll through notes with the trackpad like one would scroll through other things such as documents or websites.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With the new dark mode, it would be nice to have the highlighter be more visible, it almost becomes invisible on dark paper

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. honestly some of the notebook covers are not great on goodnotes I personally like my notebook cover to be related to the content inside like for example for history i would go for an ancient notebook cover and for biology structure of the body or something like that it would be easier to do this if i could add it as a note book cover so that I don't have to import if from my photos all the time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Here is a common inconvenience: I am writing in a notebook. I hit the "<" icon in the top left and enter the "Documents" view where I can see all the folder structure. From here, there is no easy way to return to the notebook view - I must open a notebook or create a new one just to get back to my current notebook to carry on writing.

This is a particularly annoying problem when your position in the folder hierarchy in the "Documents" view does not contain your current notebook. Then you have to open a notebook you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would love to see the ability to store common shapes or drawings in a "Shape Library" to minimize recreation work. My current workaround is typically to have these on a blank page in a notebook and go back and forth copying/pasting, but this is inefficient.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be very helpful if GoodNotes had a feature that allows two or more users to work together on the same document and see the changes happening in real-time. Users would be able to work in collaboration on a document but there would also be a microphone feature that allows them to talk to each other as they are working together. I imagine the microphone would work like the one in Zoom, where users can turn it on when they want to speak but turn it off when they don't want to be heard.

The collaboration feature should allow…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your patience. We have finished the real-time collaboration feature and it is now available to all users in shared documents. Changes should appear on other people’s devices as soon as you lift the pen.

19. When I open goodnotes app, It's show up "Preparing your library for a faster experience" and then close itself in 30 sec. It's happen for 3 days and I need to use my file in there... TT Pls help me (PS. I didn't backup on the iClouds or Googledrives because I didn't know how to do that sorry....)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have a lot of Folders in my GoodNotes Library and every Folder is just blue. On my Mac I've changed every Folder Icon in my music library with the album cover.

Should be great to have that option in GoodNotes

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?