Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. Wir nutzen ihre Software um die schulhefte zu ersetzten und leider fehlt die Lineatur für Schulklassen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A white color version of the legal writing papers would be great. I've been using the white single column but a margin would make note taking more efficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need to move a photo to a page, can I do that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add photos to any page using the image tool or using drag and drop. If the photo has already been added to a page, use the lasso tool to copy/cut and paste it to another page.

4. I use GoodNotes for my lectures. I wish GoodNotes had an option where the pages transition like a presentation (just a clean jump to the next page rather than a page-turn effect), as if I were presenting from a pdf viewer, Google slides, etc. That way, I would be able to use GoodNotes for all my presentations where I uncover blocks of texts across slides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can be done by setting the preference of the presentation mode to “always show full page”. Page transitions won’t be visible for your audience which allows you to create “powerpoint-like” transitions or even flipbook animations where each page is one frame of an animation.

5. To be able to write a document on a single page, a very long page. Because when you write a mathematical demonstration and you always have to go from one page to another to see what you have written, it is not practical. Whereas if it were a single page, you would always have what you have just written above what you want to write, and not on a previous page. Digital technology makes it possible to have very long pages. It's a shame to be limited by the page length that exists in the physical world.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

From what we read it sounds like you should be able to accomplish what you want by setting the scrolling direction to “vertical” in the … menu. This will allow you to see the page above while you already write on the next page.

6. Would be great if imported PDF files can be searchable just like scanned pictures and handwritings. In my notebooks I import PDF more often than I take a picture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most PDFs that have been digitally created are already searchable in GoodNotes. There are some PDFs that have been scanned by older scanners which don’t support OCR which means they will not be searchable. We’re interested to make this possible in the future too.

7. Hey everyone,
    I have a technical issue with goodnotes, but it is not listed in the FAQ. It is not possible to file a question e.g. to a support chat. This should be improved. Other apps offer direct contact to the developers support, some through the App-Store some through an implemented help center in the application.
    I have placed my request now below a blog post and hope to receive an answer (topic: flashcards). If there is another way, please tell me.
    Thanks
    Hannes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It annoys me that you have to change the template by yourself each time you want to swipe to add a new page after a pdf. Because when swiping a new page, behind a pdf dokument, to write on you get the template of the pdf dokument and you have to change the template to a writeable page.

So please let us self-define the template after EACH (pdf) page!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case you want to select a different template than the previous page’s template, please tap on the + button in the navigation bar. You can add new templates from frequently used ones or from the template library if you scroll all the way to the end in the horizontal list of templates.

9. It would be very usefull to be able to export intervals of pages in a document instead of only entire document of the current page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have many pdf blueprint sheets in a blueprint of a building. I would like to be able to select 1 or many, duplicate just those selected, modify accordingly, move them to a new folder either in the master folder or in a new folder and then send the folder to others. This way only the relevant blueprints are being viewed by the recipient and I can keep my original blueprint unchanged. Would be very handy for questions and answers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be so useful to have the option to transform the selection, like in adobe. Adding or subtracting parts of the selection, resizing it...

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Apple released new Mac Books with new Chips called "M1". Programms have to be optimized, bevor they can be used with the new Mac Books. I have a new MacBook now and want to use GoodNotes, so it would be perfect, if you will upgrade the GoodNotes App for Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. it would be great to have an interface, that you can circle around handwritten text in Goodnotes and send this as a new task to your task manager.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes already supports the necessary technology for this but it depends on your task managers if they support the format.
    You can try dragging an dropping your handwriting in the task manager or sharing it directly via the share sheet after converting your handwriting.
    Check out this article to learn how to do it: https://medium.goodnotes.com/6-examples-of-how-to-use-the-ipads-drag-and-drop-features-to-boost-your-productivity-ec32a50b5052

14. Please help & allow us to change the size of inserted page !
    Thanks !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How About, We Have Students In Our Class Use GoodNotes?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. There is no limitation on who can use GoodNotes. The app is available through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for educational institutions, so you can even get it at a cheaper price when you buy multiple licenses for your students.

16. And then be able to remove the gridlines afterwards. This would be super helpful on homework that we have to write on. Or, add light gridlines/squares to the zoom feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you will only need to remove the grind lines to submit it. In this case, please consider writing on paper with grid or lines first and then just use “change paper template” in … menu when you’re done. Alternatively, you can also disable “Include Page Background” in the export options.

17. Title is pretty much straightforward. I'm tired of exporting my notes into One Note just so that I can see them on my PC. I would like this to be automatic and I don't think I'm the only one out there who would like this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Even if the corresponding page is deleted, the PDF outline remains as it is.And it making the outline difficult to see. I want you to be able to add or delete new PDF outlines as well as custom outlines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi, could you introduce a Cornell model without the writing line? Online the cornell setting lines. I would be nice if i need to print some page for study or share with my professor at university, and i can't print all the grey ruled lines for help writing.
    It would be fantastic and help full for other people like me that loves cornell.
    Greatings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'm teacher with several classes and I have many folders and documents, buy sometimes I need tyo return home or root to fins another doc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?