Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1980 results found

1. We can now import documents into Goodnotes which is AMAZING, but now I think it is more crucial than ever to be able to have text recognition, select texts, highlight texts, and add comments that are linked to the highlighted text. This probably also goes in line with being able to type text with a keyboard.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. i´d be really nice to have different fonts so we can difference titles ,main ideas or comments

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I am a user who switched from iPad Pro to Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra and is using Good Notes.
    As a user who solves problem sets with Good Notes, there are three things that are quite inconvenient.
    First, the add comment button is too active and inconvenient to use.
    While writing with the S Pen, the comment button is activated and writing continues to stop.
    I wish the function to turn on and off the comment button in the settings window was activated.
    Second, the size of the eraser is not adjustable. There are only 3 sizes, but I wish…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be very usefull to be able to change the color of what we wrote.
    Use the tool to select, the one which allow to move the text. And select a different color.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hello dear developers,
    I always work with different templates.
    When I work with the black template, I always have to laboriously switch the pen colors.
    Is it not possible to save the pen colors together with the worksheet?

Furthermore, more sheet colors would be nice, e.g. gray, red and green.
    I am aware that I could create my own templates. But most of the time the grid does not fit.
    Why not do it the same way as with the pens, that the background color can also be chosen from a color table?
    Many greetings Ernst

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stylus Pen has an erase button, which can switch to eraser mode when holding the button and dragging to an area. It works on most applications on Windows but is currently not supported by GoodNotes.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. When writing in text i can only change the size and boldness of words. It would be really good to change the colour of the words when writing titles with it

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Here is a list of things I think would be beneficial in the windows version that are not currently available.

Pages/organisation:
    - More templates for pages and covers
    - Rearrange pages by dragging and dropping
    - Folders and sub folders
    - Bookmark pages
    - Multiple notebooks open in two windows

Lasso
    - Text > change colours and fonts
    - Choice to lasso and edit specific things > text, pictures, hand writing

Writing tools
    - Record audio with notes
    - Zoom tool
    - Keyboard
    - Text box/ hand writing to text
    - More preset colour options
    - Rearrange colours
    - Add…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Im experiencing lag while writing with my stylus it wasn't there earlier it started after addition of more colors by you for pen and highlighter (version71707) thnx for adding more colors ❤️

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Similar to the tape tool on notability, like the pen tool, you can draw a shape or write words but the written stuff can be clicked to reveal the pdf or page underneath! Very useful for active recall and quizzing, I am sure many others would love a feature like it!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to export and/or print documents would be croucial for students

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PDFs with clickable Links should work here just like in the ios Version so you can easily navigat through your files

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm really happy to be able to import pdfs. One thing that I wish we had is the ability to add new blank pages onto pdfs we imported. So if I run our of apace, I can just add a new blank page between the pdf pages.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Handwriting to font is very easy for people with bad Handwriting

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would be amazing to include eye dropper tool for selecting color from pdf or images!

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 5 Mar 2023, I was not able to find a text tool. And I was not able to copy text from a webpage and past it into a note page in GoodNotes. If I'm missing something I am sorry. Is this feature just missing right now or am I missing something? Currently I am only using mouse and keyboard input... I'll connect my Wacom Intuos tablet and try again.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Hello, I am a first time user to GoodNotes. When I heard that GoodNotes Beta was available on Windows, I immediatley grabbed my chance to try it out.

As a student, PDFs are one of the most abundant resources for University materials. It would be very nice to be able to both edit PDF pages and add whole/speicific PDF pages either in between some pages in the notebooks or anywhere else in the notebook.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please implement the following functions first =

Browser variant if you don't have a device of your own.

Fully automatic sync capability between iOS, Android and Windows and the browser version.

Save and send as PDF, as a link and between GoodNotes accounts.

Create folder. create subfolders.

Insertion of blank sheets, lined, squared or without a pattern.

Insert text comments.

Take and insert screenshots and photos.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Obviously, as soon as the internet goes down, the app starts to lag, moreover it cannot be used offline, the input lag is very high, the text disappears randomly and then reappears, it freezes after two minutes that I have opened the app and then starts going again 30 seconds later, and I'm paying for it too...
    do something and make it a real desktop app

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. so they don't move around or get tapped accidentally... i love adding a lot of images to my notes via the image adder but then they don't stay in place or i accidentally move them by tapping them... i know i can turn off the 'writing' mode and use read-only but it happens while i write notes and my wrist/palm touches the image.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?