Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2030 results found

1. I wish I could write/erase/highlight(select texts) with just the mouse, not necessarily with my laptop pen.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I am unable to test because it keeps auto signing me into my school account. There should be a way to opt out of auto sign-in and/or a way to choose how to sign in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Since most of the pc are without stylus laptops, it would be inclusive of most type of hardware including pc, laptop and mac. Generating an integration with graphic pads like wacom and huion, with their pen, pressure sensitivity, fine adjustment area and commands of both button and soft keys could support a large array of devices. The current beta does not support it, writing makes the complete screen flicker and does not enable writing of any sort. It would also enable fine use of drawing and open up a new polished version of digital art

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. For students it may be necessary print anotations that they made in goodnotes.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have quite a number of annotated notes i refer to do my homework/revision. With synced accounts it would be great as all my saved files will be viewable on both screens. I would be able to have another screen to use while referring to my notes. Currently, I divide my iPad screen into my imported annotated notes and a notebook for me to do my homework. It is hard to write on my iPad with only half the screen available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd like a mode in which Goodnotes will only accept stylus pen input as drawing input, with other touch input zooming or panning the page. For example, Goodnotes would accept my Surface Pen input as a brushstroke, but when I used my finger, it would scroll my notebook between pages.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! GoodNotes for Windows already support stylus only writing. Once you start using stylus, GoodNotes understands that you're drawing with stylus and uses your finger input for selections and gestures (e.g panning, zooming).

Please let us know if it doesn't work as you expected it to be.

7. Replicate the iOS function where dragging in your scroll direction adds a page to the notebook.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. When I try to dot my i's or try to write colons (:) the dots are hit or miss on their thickness or whether they even register. I'm using a Surface Pen (No Clip) with an ASUS Zenbook 14 Flip on Windows 10. Not sure if this is a fixable issue, and it's not awful, but this is feedback, after all!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. I would find it very helpful to introduce the following function:

• no matter what the page view is at the moment, if you double tap on the page, the page will adjust to fit the screen width. This helps the easier readability of the document.

• if you double-tap the page again, the page adjusts to fit the entire screen. I find this especially helps the structuring of documents.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unfortunately, at the moment it is only possible to resize or move the selection using the stylus. In my opinion, it would simplify the operation if this was also possible with the finger or even with the computer mouse.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great if you could change the pen type and the color you wrote in afterwards. This makes it easier to adjust so that a document is clearer, or so that you can read it better when you print it out.

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

in progress  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. Like for example with Word. Comments can be added at any point in the document. You should be able to edit and delete them. Additionally it would be good if the position could be moved and also other people could edit these comments. Comments are very helpful when other people read through the document and don't want to write in it, but still want to comment in some places.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be great to be able to work together on a notebook, document or memo. This makes it easier in school and university to write down the content of a group work, because everyone can work on the document. So once everyone can participate and secondly, afterwards everyone has the document, so you don't have to upload it somewhere else to share.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great if a tool could be created
    This is helpful when you make notes and want to add something afterwards, but the space is not available. So you can select everything that is below the place where you want to add something and move the selection down. If the page runs out, the content is not lost, but is visible on the next page. If there is already content on the next page, a page is optimally inserted in between so that no content is lost. Analogously, the other direction would be optimal, in which you can…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great if you could move the selection directly to a next page and the selection does not disappear "behind" the next page. This is helpful when you make notes and want to add something afterwards, but the space is not available. This way you can select everything that is below where you want to add something and move the selection down. If the page runs out of space, the content will not be lost, but will be visible on the next page. If there is already content on the next page, it is best to insert a…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Making GoodNotes for Windows a Web app by simply dumping it through Swift to WASM immediately makes the app use significantly more resources and hinders the overall experience and battery life, causing pen inputs to have a significant delay and require online connectivity, etc. This kind of experience is NOT what you would want your users on an ipad to use, so why Windows?

Like you did for iOS, please make GoodNotes for Windows a native Windows App instead of a PWA. This mess is NOT the path your team should be going down.

422 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. der Unterschied zwischen den beiden könnte genauer sein. Ich persönlich sehe keinen Unterschied und damit auch keinen Vorteil für den ein oder andere Stift

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bonjour,
    Good Notes fonctionne actuellement sur MS Edge. C'est une très mauvaise idée, sur Windows vous avez plusieurs possibilités :
    - sous la forme d'un programme classique (mais problème de mise à jour)
    - sous le format UWP (avantage des mises à jour automatiques via le Microsoft Store et d'une bonne stabilité)
    - sous le format APK avec Windows Android Sub System (sur le long terme plus rentable mais peut rencontrer quelques ralentissements)

Pour moi, le choix UWP est le plus adapté. Avec MS Edge, en absence de connexion internet, il est impossible de faire une prise de note.
    Par…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am using a surface go and it has a small screen about the size of a piece of paper. When I take handwritten notes I rotate the tablet and it turns the computer into tablet mode. In tablet mode, the section on the left, which displays the pages, is much too big and hides a good portion of the page. In landscape mode, laptop mode, I can see the full width of the page. I think the issue could be solved by minimizing this feature.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?