Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2184 results found

1. I wish to view the notes that I write on my iPad/PC to be visible on my android mobile phone on the go as well, so that I can travel light without needing to carry other devices or having to save the files in my drive all time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. After finished highlighting a pdf, and saving it, the saved document has the highlight in front of the text, instead of behind it as it was while editing the pdf. Hope I was clear, and the problem is an easy fix!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback so we can make Goodnotes better. 

The feature is in our backlog! We would inform you once the feature is live. 

Please continue sharing your brilliant ideas through our feature request portal.

Thank you for being part of our community!

3. I would want there to be fonts like Apple, where we can use different fonts than the original.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have to keep moving my pen or else the pop up will appear for adding a comment. This really sucks for when I'm trying to gather my thoughts on what to write next and I don't want to lift my pen off the screen. I haven't used comments at all yet, but its shortcut has been a crippling nuisance for the last month.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. To Have a function to turn off add comments in mobile because everytime im writing and i slightly long press add comment appears and it disturbs my studies.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. IOS users can add elements, Android users needs the same thing ASAP!!!!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Similar to the tape tool on notability, like the pen tool, you can draw a shape or write words but the written stuff can be clicked to reveal the pdf or page underneath! Very useful for active recall and quizzing, I am sure many others would love a feature like it!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be very helpful, if we could select individual pages from a document, and then download them, rather then downloading the whole document. Because if the document is to large, my Goodnotes just won't export it anymore. If it would be possible to split the document into smaller pieces, then this problem would maybe go away.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. please please please update the app to have hyperlinks for the pc I purchased planners and notebooks to be able to use the hyperlinks
    it makes using the app much harder and inconvenient.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Picture uploading is now possible but I am missing the simple option of pasting any images, screenshots etc directly from the clipboard. (Android on Samsung tab S9)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. please consider adding the tab bar feature from ios where you can easily press a tab and it just jumps to the page

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. It's lagging so much like each 3 minutes I have to re-open the app
    when I try to write using the pc pen the screen moves since it's so sensitive for finger touch

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I noticed that in the ios ver. you can do the (undo) and (redo) options by clicking on the sides of the screen by two fingers (on the left side for undo, and right side for redo)
    It would be helpful if you added this feature to the windows app also, it's much easier than clicking on the button of it on the screen while rushing in writing and taking notes. Thank you!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice if the button on active styluses like spen can be used to quickly switch between pen and eraser. Right now it is a hassle to constantly change to eraser and back to the pen.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I was so happy when I knew that goodnote5 is going to be available for Windows! The experience I have had in trying the app is good as a beta ver. and here are some suggestions I wish it will be added or improved soon:
    Change from eraser to pen automatically. When I erase by clicking on the button of my pen, it stays on the erasing option. While rushing in taking notes I sometimes forget to choose the pen after erasing so I erase by mistake other words.
    Converting shapes and lines drawn by hand to drawn shapes and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When using the surface pen you can use the other side to erase and that works perfectly fine, but I would love a setting where I can make it go back to using my pen tool when I flip my surface pen back over and start writing again. Right now it stays on the eraser tool, but would be nice if it automatically switched back to the pen tool

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Having the possibility to upload documents as PDF files automatically once changes are done directly to a cloud service would be invaluable. Students studying abroad or frequent travelers would benefit most from this since it would allow access to documents from any device at any time.
    To complement this feature, offline editing would make GoodNotes perfect: editing a document offline, storing changes locally, then uploading updated versions once an internet connection is available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. i should be able to copy and paste text from and to goodnotes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Being able to zoom out of the page and being able to save the settings and the specific zoom percentage.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It will be awesome to be able to paste elements from my notebook to other software, such a Word document.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?