Real-time handwriting beautification (Apple Pencil)
I’d love a feature that automatically refines handwriting to a font or refining my actual handwriting in real time while writing, similar to Freenotes.
I would like to:
- Smooth and standardize strokes live
- Keep the user’s handwriting style OR apply a font
- Improve legibility and aesthetics instantly
Use case:
- Annotating PDFs where neatness matters
- Taking notes that look polished without rewriting
- Digital planning
Why it matters:
Currently, GoodNotes requires manual conversion or editing. A real-time system would:
- Save time
- Improve visual quality
- Compete with newer apps offering live handwriting refinement
Optional features:
- Toggle on/off
- Adjustable “cleanliness” level
- Style presets (natural vs polished)
-
Laurent Meurée commented
This would be a fantastic addition to Goodnotes. I would especially love a mode that learns the user’s own handwriting and improves it in real time, rather than simply replacing it with a predefined handwriting style.
For users with naturally fast or irregular handwriting, this would make handwritten notes much more readable while preserving their personal handwriting style.
Ideally, Goodnotes could combine this with its existing handwriting recognition and Restyle technology.