Quick-add to Table of Contents from selected text ("Ghost Page")
When working in a long notebook (for example, 80+ pages in), adding a heading to the table of contents means leaving my place, scrolling back to page 1, writing the entry, and then scrolling all the way back. I'd like a faster way to do this.
Proposed feature:
I highlight a title or text segment (e.g., "Lecture 12 – Filters, p. 80").
A new option appears in the selection menu, such as "Send to Table of Contents."
A "ghost page" overlay appears showing the table of contents page, with a "Go to page…" field and left/right arrows to flip to the right page if I land on the wrong one.
I place the highlighted text where I want it on that page, then tap a checkmark to confirm.
Goodnotes automatically returns me to the page I was on (page 80), exactly where I left off.
Why it matters:
It makes building and updating a table of contents much faster for students and anyone with long notebooks. I label each section with a title and page number, and this would let me file it without losing my train of thought or my place in the notebook.