Feature Requests and Improvement Suggestions for Goodnotes
Dear Goodnotes Team,
I would like to share some feature requests and suggestions that I believe could make Goodnotes even more useful, especially for studying, teaching, presenting, and working with Whiteboards.
- Customizable Laser Pointer Duration
It would be very useful to make the display duration of the Laser Pointer adjustable. Users could choose how long the laser line remains visible before automatically disappearing.
- Toggle Function for Taps
I would really appreciate a toggle function for Taps. There could be a switch that allows all Taps used within a notebook or Whiteboard to be revealed or hidden at once.
Currently, if I want to reuse a Tap, I have to delete it and add it again, which can be quite inconvenient. A simple show/hide function would make this much easier.
- Built-in Diagrams
A built-in diagram tool would be very useful. For example, it could allow users to quickly create:
- Line charts
- Bar charts
- Column charts
- Pie charts
- Other basic diagrams
Ideally, these diagrams could be moved, resized, and edited like other objects in Goodnotes.
- Automatically Follow Pencil Sketches
It would be helpful to have a feature that allows a normal pen stroke to automatically follow a previously drawn pencil sketch.
For example, when I sketch something with a pencil and then trace over it with a normal pen, Goodnotes could automatically align the new stroke with the pencil line, similar to how the ruler helps with precise drawing.
Alternatively, Goodnotes could automatically recognize when a pencil sketch is being traced and replace the original pencil line with the clean pen line.
- Insert Entire Large Notebooks into Whiteboards
It would be very useful to insert an entire notebook, including all of its pages, into a Whiteboard.
For example, I would like to be able to insert a notebook containing 130 or more fully completed pages into a Whiteboard at once.
There already seems to be a way to insert content into Whiteboards, but the current character/content limitation is relatively small. Increasing this limit significantly, or ideally removing it, would make the feature much more useful.
- More UI Personalization
I would also appreciate more customization options for the Goodnotes interface.
For example, users could be able to customize the colors of the toolbar and the top menu independently.
A possible theme could be:
- Black background
- Red accents
- White icons and text
This would allow users to personalize Goodnotes and create their own preferred visual setup.
- Lines and Grid Options for Whiteboards
A Whiteboard option with different background styles would also be very useful.
For example:
- Ruled lines
- Grid paper
- Dot grid
- Graph/millimeter paper
- Plain white
Ideally, users could also adjust the spacing, color, and thickness of the lines or grid.
Thank you for considering these suggestions. I really appreciate the work that goes into Goodnotes, and I hope some of these features could be considered for future updates.
Best regards